UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> congrats to Lamar Odom 6th man of the year

4/20/11 5:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EKPOGI
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/20/11 5:34 AM
EKPOGI
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6389586

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers forward Lamar Odom won the Sixth Man of the Year Award as the league's top reserve Tuesday.

"This has been a long time coming," said the 31-year-old Odom. "I just kept at it.

"At the end of the day, I'm blessed. Some people call it luck, I call it blessed."

Odom averaged 14.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and three assists per game while shooting 53 percent from the field, the highest shooting mark of his 12-year career.

The only requirement to win the award is for a player to come in as a reserve more games than he starts. Odom started 35 games and entered off the bench in 47. He was a starter for long stretches of the season while center Andrew Bynum was sidelined with injuries.

"Lamar could realistically start for any team in this league but his team-first attitude has allowed us to utilize him in a sixth man role," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement released by the team. "He could have won this award in any of the last several seasons and I'm happy that his unselfishness and talent have finally been recognized."

At the press conference Kupchak was more firm in his stance, calling Odom's selection as the league's top sixth man "long overdue." The GM also praised Odom for promoting team chemistry, calling him the most popular player in the Lakers locker room.

Odom received 96 of 117 first-place votes from the media panel, easily outdistancing Dallas guard Jason Terry, who finished a distant second with 244 total points to Odom's 513. Philadelphia's Thaddeus Young was third with 76 points, and Boston's Glen Davis finished fourth with 75.

Crawford received five first-place votes while finishing fifth, and Philadelphia's Lou Williams received a single first-place vote.
4/20/11 5:59 AM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.
4/20/11 11:05 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he deserved it
4/20/11 11:17 AM
Floppy Divac
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"This has been a long time coming," said the 31-year-old Odom. "I just kept at it.

Stfu, faygot
4/20/11 6:09 PM
EveryDayNormalGuy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard some classy crowds have chanted "UG-LY-SISTER" since his marriage... Ruthless. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.