UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone want me to document weight cut?

3/13/13 10:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok cheers. The heaviest I ever got was 160 when fighting at feather but I felt huge and it was hard to keep my weight so high. I think 159/160 is a pretty decent size feather
3/13/13 10:35 AM
Fight! UK Online
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I felt good at that. Any bigger would be weight for weight's sake for me I think. I

3/13/13 10:35 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on the win!

Is there a video?
3/13/13 2:44 PM
A_Butler
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/14/13 9:28 AM
Fight! UK Online
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JamesDean57 - Congrats on the win!

Is there a video?

Thanks dude, not yet. Will post when I get one.

3/14/13 10:21 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online - 
JamesDean57 - Congrats on the win!

Is there a video?

Thanks dude, not yet. Will post when I get one.

Ok! Thanks.
3/14/13 2:57 PM
Logan1000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/20/13 10:52 AM
abick23
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - Ok cheers. The heaviest I ever got was 160 when fighting at feather but I felt huge and it was hard to keep my weight so high. I think 159/160 is a pretty decent size feather

I was 162 for my last fight but I always hear stories of featherweights being 168-170 for the fight and I cant beleive they can rehyrdate that much
3/20/13 2:19 PM
Leigh
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They can. I know a couple of guys who go back in at 165.

I've weighed 135 and gone back in at 157. Phone Post
3/25/13 2:31 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - They can. I know a couple of guys who go back in at 165.

I've weighed 135 and gone back in at 157. Phone Post
This past saturday i was 155 weighed 135.6. Phone Post
3/25/13 2:50 AM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is your mental clarity after cutting that much?
3/25/13 4:37 AM
Leigh

Can't speak for Sequoia but for me its the method more than the amount. Heavy calorie restriction and water cutting affect me much more than dieting a little more slowly, mainly because I don't feel recovered by fight time. Phone Post
3/28/13 10:09 PM
jasonhightower
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this is really a fantastic thread.  I'll be stealing a few tidbits here and there just to get into good training shape.

Thanks Leigh and all the others who've contributed to this.

3/29/13 12:24 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - Can't speak for Sequoia but for me its the method more than the amount. Heavy calorie restriction and water cutting affect me much more than dieting a little more slowly, mainly because I don't feel recovered by fight time. Phone Post
This time i had a cheat day the sunday before weigh ins and it really helpes me mental wise. I did restrict calories and water but come fight time i felt the greatest i ever have for this fight. I did eat ALOT after weigh ins. Normally i drink liquids for hours but we went straight out to eat. But i drank protein shakes, water and gatoraide for the rest of the night. And pretty much the same fight day. I ate a heavy breakfast fight day and a decent lunch and snacked on a protein bar for 3-4 hours before i fought. I went all 5 rounds and my cardio was great. Phone Post
5/12/13 5:36 AM
Leigh

Fighting on Saturday. £5 internet ppv if you want to see how my cut has gone. I was a touch heavy this morning so went for a run. That was fun on no carbs

http://www.cage-fight.co.uk/live/
5/13/13 6:44 AM
Fight! UK Online

What weight is this one at Leigh?

5/13/13 7:13 AM
Leigh

61 mate. This dieting stuff is getting old pretty quick, lol
5/13/13 7:39 AM
Fight! UK Online

Cool, at least you'll be keeping it off for Shock N Awe too! Hope it goes well man. What's the plan, you're getting really active again at the moment?!

5/13/13 7:49 AM
Leigh

No, I got offered the Pennington fight and jumped at it but still haven't perfected making the weight yet, so I wanted to get one in before then. Vermonter has given me some awesome info, which I put into practise last time and the cut went brilliantly, so I'll do the same again but make sure I'm carbed up.

What's next for you? You on S&A as well?
5/14/13 9:07 AM
Fight! UK Online

No mate, not this time. Accepted a fight in Russia against a 24-7 guy that didn't come off. Nothing lined up as it stands, waiting for the right thing to come along, would like to see some more of the world :) Heading to Korea as a second in June, maybe something after that!

5/14/13 11:29 AM
Leigh

Ok cool, good luck finding some international shows :)

Also, taking the past couple of weeks off weights and bringing my weight down has really helped some nagging injuries.
5/19/13 3:24 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh won his fight last night in 20 seconds!  Congrats dude!  

5/19/13 7:03 PM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice
5/20/13 5:16 AM
Leigh

Edited: 05/20/13 12:33 PM
Cheers guys

Regarding the cut, it was basically the same as last time. My opponent pulled out the day of the weigh in, so I cut an extra lb in case the title fight fell through and I could jump in. That extra lb was quite hard, actually. Surprisingly so. Found a replacement opponent who was at least 10lbs heavier than me, lol. He did a video weigh in at home at 145 (I was 135) and looked a fair bit bigger than me at fight time. However, he had not trained for a fight and his record was....well it reflected a guy who takes fights on a days notice. I appreciated him stepping in to fight.

I went a bit paranoid on the carbs. Weigh in was 7pm, so didn't have too much time to rehydrate and carb up before bed. I generally gain about 1kg an hour. I tried to take carbs in right off the bat, whilst rehydrating and I think it was a mistake. Left me feeling bloated and rough. Got a lie down and was ok after a short while.

Day of the fight I got about 700g of carbs in. Went back in at about 149-150. I still felt bloated when I started to warm up. Next time I would probably stop carbs a little earlier. I was ok by fight time, as moving around had got me loosened up but it was harder to focus on the fight when I was worrying about my guts.

Obviously a 20 second fight is not an ideal indicator of energy levels so difficult to say how much difference it made.
5/20/13 10:41 AM
JamesDean57

Congrats Leigh!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.