UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone want me to document weight cut?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/23/11 4:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
1184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've used it a few times with no problems but one time I guess I didn't scrub it off hard enough and it came out of my pores in the fight and I couldn't hold on to any submissions
4/23/11 1:43 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed
4/24/11 12:03 AM
Jacks Wasted Life
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT....interested in reading about this.
4/24/11 4:26 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

151 -> 135 in 9 days is not so bad indeed. But nothing too pleasant I imagine:)

I have a specific question about sodium/water manipulation:

Everyone now knows about water loading. Also it is a no brainer to keep sodium to minimum in the last days of loading. However some keep it to minimum form the beginning of the loading as well while others advocate having a bit extra sodium. Which do you do?

Another question: what do you eat after weigh-ins? Ever try glycerol for rehydration? (BTW! It is a WADA-banned substance from the beginning of 2011!)
4/24/11 5:29 AM
Leigh
1184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sodium load prior to sodium resctriction. the difference is noticeable

yes, i do use glycerol and it is powerful stuff but you need to get it right - i used too much before and my eye swelled closed by only taking a graze. however, as mentioned, i did put on 22lbs after weigh-ins and i was ripped
4/25/11 12:52 PM
Tommy Gunnz
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
4/25/11 1:35 PM
simthefarmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subd
4/25/11 2:05 PM
giantwarrior
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subd
4/25/11 3:37 PM
Leigh

Edited: 04/25/11 4:20 PM
had a big BBQ yesterday with chocolate cake and cream for pudding :) Today has been Easter eggs, large kebab and chips with curry sauce right now (plus large popcorn and coke whilst watching Thor). we have a big series of bank holidays at the moment (friday, today, friday coming and next monday, due to royal wedding and Easter) so I'm managing to get huge training sessions in but I need calories and macronutrients

think I may need to start the cut a little earlier

*edit* just had a quick jump on the scales and I'm at 154, so still nothing too drastic
4/25/11 5:53 PM
HERTSWENIP
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh, how much weight did you cut when you fought Genki Sudo?
4/25/11 6:03 PM
Leigh

nothing. i had breakfast before getting on the scales
4/26/11 5:04 AM
Leigh

Edited: 04/26/11 5:07 AM
Is everyone ok with me using KG from now on? That's how the weight class is designated here and the units I'll be using to monitor my weight cut. I can do a conversion to LBs if you want.

69.2kg (152.6lbs) this morning, which is bang on target. I need to start bringing my weight down gradually now but still have enough energy to train for another week, so I'll switch over to fruits for my carbs instead of starches (maybe sweet potato if my weight is good). calories are not a concern at the moment.

I know I lose 1kg (~2lbs) over night and tomorrow I need to be 69kg (152.1lbs), so I have to make sure I'm under 70kg tonight before bed to stay on track. I'm increasing my water today to about 4 litres so that may cause a bit of bloating for a day or two.
4/26/11 10:03 AM
myates

What is the max you've ever cut before a fight? Looking foward to this, even for those of us not cutting to fight i'm guessing the structure of this diet will be helpful. If possible please put up some times when you eat, just to get an outline of the schedule.

Thanks in advance.
4/26/11 11:28 AM
Leigh

The most I've done is 10kg, over about 10 days, then put it back on again. I did 11-12kg once over 2 weeks but was massively blown up and a lot of that was water weight that needed shedding anyway

I'll do my best to document eating times. This does play a part in my cutting method but not until later on - when the weight stops coming off, I'll stop eating after 6pm and I'll hold off eating until mid morning

You're welcome :)
4/26/11 1:39 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im interested in your using fruits rather than starches Leigh, Ive tended to avoid fruit when losing weight, and stuck more to complex carbs... is there areason why fruits better?
4/26/11 4:00 PM
Leigh

my theory is insulin response but whatever the reason, its true. you do not get fat eating fruit but you certainly gain weight eating bread, pasta and spuds

that said, i'm going to have some rice tonight and probably again tomorrow (white rice, too), as I think i'll be fine with it
4/26/11 4:06 PM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive always wondered why pros dont have a doc give them IV fluids after weigh ins. Just normal saline. Would take about 30 mins and youd be feeling right as rain. Theres really no ethics issue as you ARE actually dehydrated prior to the treatment. Very cheap as well.
4/26/11 4:12 PM
Leigh

A lot of pros do - hartmann's solution. I don't need one and tried it once without medical supervision - you can imagine how that went ;)
4/27/11 3:32 AM
Jorx

Edited: 04/27/11 3:39 AM
I think with 24-hour b4 weigh ins you recover well enough "the natural" way - without IV. Unless it's REALLY extreme as in losing 10 or more % of total BW in last 24 hrs with only waterweight or so (I believe some do it).
4/27/11 4:39 AM
Leigh

Yes but you still need to do it correctly to make the most efficient use of the time you have.

Yesterday I weighed 69.2kg when I woke up. I grazed on 6 oranges and a 300g bag of peanuts (with shells) throughout the day, starting at around 9am. I only had one meal but it was pretty substantial. I was hungry as I was out in the evening and didn't get to eat dinner until 9pm. I had a decent portion of steamed salmon, a load of green veggies and went a bit overboard with the white rice. Made sure I had my fill. I didn't weigh any of it but it was a filled plate of food (maybe not by American standards, lol). I didn't go to bed hungry.

My target weight for this morning was 69kg, so I had to go to bed at 70kg. My weight went up to 70.7 but that was from eating late and increasing my fluids. Had a hot bath and wee'd a lot and went to bed at 70.1. Woke up this morning at 68.9, so weight is on target

This post was a bit descriptive to give you an idea of my thought processes. I'll probably keep it more concise from now on but happy to answer any questions
4/27/11 4:52 AM
Martyspike

Great thread - keep it coming leigh.
4/27/11 5:51 AM
Jorx

Edited: 04/27/11 5:51 AM
Leigh, I'm losing track here - how many days out are you? And the exact fightweight is what? 61.2?
4/27/11 6:22 AM
Leigh

Weightclass is 61.0kg with a 0.3 allowance (no idea so don't ask). I need to make weight next Friday, so I need to be 68 Monday morning for a smooth drop. I'm doing 0.2kg per day to bring me down gradually
4/27/11 1:57 PM
Seemore Butts
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/28/11 4:45 AM
Leigh

Edited: 04/28/11 6:35 AM
Yesterday:-

AM - 68.9kg (target 69kg)

9am 5 plums

3pm 3 oranges

6pm Large salmon, rice and veggies

10pm some strawberries

300g peanuts in shell throughout the day

PM - 70kg (target 69.8kg)

Today - AM - 68.6kg (target 68.8kg)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.