UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone want me to document weight cut?

4/29/11 4:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/29/11 4:34 AM
Went a bit over board yesterday. I'm not overly fussed as I have a big training session today. I'm also a bit bloated today, so that will drop easily.

Yesterday:-

AM - 68.6kg (target 68.8kg)

500g peanuts in shell, 9 oranges throughout the day

7pm Cod and veggies fried in butter and garlic, decent portion of rice

PM - 69.9kg (target 69.6kg)

AM - 68.7kg (target 68.6kg)

I start my sodium loading today
4/30/11 3:50 AM
Leigh
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had a good training session yesterday, which helped put my weight back in the blue

AM - 68.7kg (target 68.6kg)

6 oranges throughout the day

1100 100g peanuts in shell

1230 2 eggs

1730 270g chicken thighs (frozen weight), large roasted carrot, steamed veg

2300 100g brazil nuts

PM - 68.9kg (target 69.4kg)

AM - 68.2kg (target 68.4kg)
4/30/11 5:53 PM
brigsy
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting reading thanks. Are your peanuts in shell what we call 'Monkey Nuts'?
4/30/11 6:32 PM
Leigh

Yes Phone Post
4/30/11 6:41 PM
MojoJojo
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed

Very interesting, thanks.
5/1/11 4:52 AM
Leigh

Edited: 05/01/11 5:50 AM
Gained weight today :/ But I did pig out on protein and ate a whole lobster for lunch (but a small one), plus some roast chicken with gravy for dinner :) It will just be residue in my guts. I'll balance it out today and train tomorrow to get back on track. This is my last day of eating steady - tomorrow it gets drastic. So far I've been removing excess glycogen and fat in preparation for the coming week, where I'll completely go into keytosis and also empty my stomach, intensitines, bowels and finally my bladder and subcataneous water (plus a bit extra)

AM - 68.2kg (target 68.4kg)

100g brazil nuts, 6 oranges throughout the day

1530 small lobster

8pm 270g chicken thighs (frozen weight), large roasted carrot, steamed veg

PM - 69.7kg (target 69.2kg)

Today AM - 68.4kg (target 68.2kg)
5/2/11 3:20 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you need to make weight on 13th?
5/2/11 3:49 AM
Leigh

On the 6th Phone Post
5/2/11 5:16 AM
Leigh

Went up to over 70kg (154lbs) yesterday, so 20lbs to cut in 5 days. That doesn't tell the full story though, as I've been burning fat and emptying stubborn sediment in my guts (pooing 3 times a day, usually all in the morning). The weight loss may not look drastic but I've been loading on water and sodium. Today I start the drastic dieting/starving but I need to keep enough energy for my last good training session today, where I will pretty much deplete my glycogen stores.

AM - 68.4kg (target 68.2kg)
11am 100g brazil nuts

1pm 5 oranges and 100g brazil nuts

6pm salmon portion, large roasted carrot and veg

9.30pm orange

PM - 69.7kg (target 69kg)

Today AM - 68.3kg (target 68kg)
5/2/11 1:31 PM
PitbullMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh-Are you fighting at the Tachi Palace fights? One of the guys from my team is fighting as well. Dustin Ortiz.
5/2/11 1:38 PM
PitbullMMA

Leigh-Dont you think your eating a bit too much fruit?? I know its natual sugars but the sugar in fruit can still hurt your weight loss. I used to eat alot of fruit and was plateuing for some unknown reason so I switched to only eat fruit for breakfast and one snack. The rest is veggies. When I did that I have been dropping 4-5 pounds a week.

BTW-I reached a big milestone in my drop. I have now lost over 150 pounds or 68kg. Now have about 25 to go for my ultimate goal. Yes....I used to be a fatass!! haha!
5/2/11 2:51 PM
Leigh

PitbullMMA - Leigh-Are you fighting at the Tachi Palace fights? One of the guys from my team is fighting as well. Dustin Ortiz.

No, it's the original Jersey

PitbullMMA - Leigh-Dont you think your eating a bit too much fruit?? I know its natual sugars but the sugar in fruit can still hurt your weight loss. I used to eat alot of fruit and was plateuing for some unknown reason so I switched to only eat fruit for breakfast and one snack. The rest is veggies. When I did that I have been dropping 4-5 pounds a week.

BTW-I reached a big milestone in my drop. I have now lost over 150 pounds or 68kg. Now have about 25 to go for my ultimate goal. Yes....I used to be a fatass!! haha!

No, I need the fruit for energy for training, which also pulls the weight off me. I've stopped it now that I'm not doing any more hard training and will just do some maintenance cardio. I agree that fruit can slow weight loss and my fruit intake might look high but I haven't gone hungry at all. As I said in the beginning, it may not work for everyone but I know my body and I was only half a pound over target this morning before training, which I don't see as a problem at all. My weight loss may look slow because I have been dosing up on fluids and sodium. You'll see some drastic drops over the next couple of days.

I can tell you right now that my metabolism is WAY higher than yours - it wouldn't be possible for me to get 170lbs over weight. I don't think I could even get to 170lbs total eating a large pizza every day.

Well done on your weight loss :) I fucking hate dieting and really feel for you guys who have to do it regularly
5/2/11 6:23 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting read. It's pretty obvious you DO have a fast metabolism.

I'm sure cutting fruit could in theory, but like you said, you'd be too drained to train and thus wouldn't burn the fat anyway. It's not just about losing pounds, but about losing fat and water while staying in top shape for the fight itself.

The last few days of losing the water weight and gaining in all back is what intrigues me the most.

5/2/11 8:36 PM
PitbullMMA

Thanks man....yea dieting sucks but I really dont mind. I like the way I feel when Im eating clean.

But I know what you mean about needing fruit for energy. They help me as well.
5/3/11 1:32 AM
Leigh

I'm not going to be documenting my water cut for few reasons, mainly cos I'll be drained and in the hotel focusing on my fight. But I'm happy to answer questions on it Phone Post
5/3/11 3:26 AM
Leigh

Still a bit bloated from the sodium loading, got plenty of water to lose. Trained yesterday and felt great but yesterday's lack of calories is hitting me now. Had to pop into work this morning, so weight was taken a little earlier and before a poo

AM - 68.3kg (target 68kg)

6pm 2 egg whites, 2 cherry tomatoes

PM - 68.9kg (target 68kg)

Today AM - 67.8kg (target 67kg)
5/3/11 10:28 AM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best of luck in the fight
5/3/11 10:30 AM
Leigh

thanks
5/3/11 12:38 PM
vermonter
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me know what happens homie. Good luck.
5/3/11 12:41 PM
Leigh

Cheers :) Phone Post
5/3/11 6:47 PM
brigsy
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still watching this thread. Good luck and ta.
5/3/11 9:48 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

What's your water cut going to be in kg and what's your gameplan? Do you have a breakdown of where its going to come from i.e. x kg for pissing out from the sodium load, y from the sauna, z from running in sweats just before weigh in, etc, etc.
5/4/11 1:32 AM
Leigh

I always aim to diet down for a 3kg cut and always end up having to cut 4kg. Natural diuretic and laxative will help get me closer to the 3kg mark and are gentle on me. The weight will be done through sweating (whatever your preferred method is). The sodium and water loading will make it come out of me much easier. This is my method - other people prefer different methods and I know a welterweight who water cuts 8kg in the last 24 hours Phone Post
5/4/11 3:28 AM
Leigh

Weights coming off pretty steady. I now look like a fitness model, lol

AM - 67.8kg (target 67kg)

1pm 1 egg white, 1 cherry tomato

6pm 1 egg white, 1 cherry tomato

PM - 68kg (target 67kg)

Today AM - 67kg (target 66kg)
5/4/11 9:55 AM
Jsteven
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its always amazing to me how people who are good at cutting weight are able to function on such low calorie intake.  2 egg whites and 2 cherry tomatoes would be hell for me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.