UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone want me to document weight cut?

5/4/11 10:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vermonter
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you're in good aerobic shape, your enzyme supply for lipid metabolism is greatly bolstered. Also your appetite is reduced. It's not so bad really once you get used to it.
5/4/11 12:32 PM
Leigh
956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/11 12:33 PM
Its not fun but I'm dealing with it. I'm not hungry any more (stomach has shrunk) but my sense of smell has heightened and everything smells so damn good. When you cut like this, you have all these ideas in your head of the foods you're going to cram down your throat after weigh-ins (like roast pork with apple sauce in a foot long baguette...mmmm!) but with the water cut too, all I'll want to do is drink. Then I won't fancy the food as it will make me feel sick cos of the size of my tummy.

Its a bit rubbish that you can't even treat yourself after going through it.

The egg is kind of my treat at the moment, hahahah. Boil an egg, cut it in half and bin the yolk. Then put the cherry tomato in its place. Voila, 20 calories
5/4/11 1:25 PM
vermonter
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/11 1:26 PM
When Kenny lost weight for his first fight at lightweight, they gave him one month to go from 187 (or so) to 155. He wasn't used to cutting (since he had been fighting at middle and welter) so we did most of it through diet and exercise during that month.

After about 3 weeks of it, he said he could taste the sweetness of every gram of CHO in anything at that point. Apples were like sweet candy. I think he took a bite of bread at one point and it was the most delicious thing he'd ever had.
5/4/11 2:10 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's damn amazing how our senses of smell and TASTE can go up in times like that. Amazing stuff to experience.

Good luck for your fight! Keep us informed afterward of your bout and the last 2 days of cutting/gaining.

Cheers
5/4/11 5:03 PM
Leigh
956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers, I will

Yeah Doug, I really want to taste something. But I won't be eating again now until Friday afternoon
5/5/11 3:11 AM
Leigh

Yeah baby! Less than a kilo over target. The sodium level manipulation is kicking in now. I'll switch to distilled water from now on and stop fluids 12 hours before I start my cut. That will give me plenty of time to float off excess water but my body will still be happy to lose water when I do my cut. The guys that restrict water for 24 hours are putting their body into "cactus" mode IMO and when they start their final cut, their bodies are trying to save water. I might do a mini cut tonight before bed, although I don't usually think its a good idea.

Yesterday:-

AM - 67kg (target 66kg)

6:30pm 2 egg whites, 2 cherry tomatoes

PM - 68kg (target 67kg)

Today AM - 65.9kg (target 65kg)
5/5/11 6:43 AM
suBJJective warMTh
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you explain sodium loading a bit more please? I've never had any experience of it.

How do you take it? Salt on your food or tablets or what?

How often? Once a day? With meals? Every hour?

Constant sized 'doses'? Start big and tail off? Work up the amount?

Cheers for making this thread btw, I feel like I understand how making weight works a lot more now.

Good luck with the fight as well.
5/5/11 8:05 AM
Leigh

Cheers and no probs. I sodium load by using chicken stock cubes in water twice a day. Start Friday, last one Monday. Not sure if it will have the same effect if you are still eating Phone Post
5/5/11 8:49 AM
vermonter

Not eating until Friday afternoon? From what day and time? The time difference is messing with me, but that seems like a while.
5/5/11 9:35 AM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leigh, any reason for distilled water over normal?
5/5/11 10:09 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sly fox -  leigh, any reason for distilled water over normal?

Part of the sodium trick. You load up on salt a little while out, when you switch to distilled water it makes your body get rid of the salt, which it does by urinating. So as you urinate out the sodium the water goes with it.
5/5/11 11:37 PM
Leigh

^correct. Doug, last bit of food was 6pm weds night Phone Post
5/6/11 2:28 AM
Leigh

Was up to 66.8 last night. Stopped fluids and that came down to 66.4. Target was 65 so I cut to that. 4am this morning 64.5 (morning target 64) Phone Post
5/6/11 2:30 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fffffuuuu... doing 5 kg by fluids is hard:(
5/6/11 4:46 AM
Leigh

Yeah it's a bit of a ball ache but it's coming off pretty easy. Calibrated my scales to the official ones and mine are 0.4 so that's a bonus and I've got less than a kilo to go Phone Post
5/6/11 4:49 AM
Leigh

This is where the sodium and water loading kick in, as well as the mild diuretics. Weight loss was a bit slow at the beginning but it's pouring out of me and I'm still dribbling wee's out (although pretty yellow) Phone Post
5/6/11 5:16 AM
Jorx

What do you use for mild diuertics? Dandelion root? Caffeine? C?
5/6/11 5:32 AM
Easytarget
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck.
5/6/11 6:25 AM
DMC
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck in your fight. We'll be rooting for ya.
5/6/11 7:05 AM
Leigh

Thanks guys. Made weight ok but it was a pretty big water cut (for me). I use an over-the-counter water tablet that is mainly dandelion root Phone Post
5/6/11 7:10 AM
Jorx

Good luck! If you feel like it - share also info about the post weigh-in processes.

I'm gonna start experimenting with diet to get down to acceptable weight to be able to fight at 135. The target would be 150 lbs as normal everyday walk-around weight.
5/6/11 8:04 AM
Leigh

Don't you weigh in the same day? I walk between 152 and 157. Post-weigh-in is pretty straight forward - rehydrated, then carb up Phone Post
5/6/11 8:06 AM
Leigh

Oh, to answer your previous question, I don't use caffeine. It works but I'm sensitive to it as I never drink coffee, tea, coke etc and I can't sleep if use it Phone Post
5/6/11 8:07 AM
vermonter

Two days of fasting is too much. Crazy brits.

I didn't even know you were fighting again until this thread. last we talked you were on the fence.

Next time give me a buzz. I can help you with that. It will be easier on you and just as effective.
5/6/11 8:16 AM
Martyspike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck leigh.

I have been watching this thread and you have documented some great stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.