UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> USA Judo partners with Defense Soap

4/22/11 11:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DefenseSoap
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defense Soap, Owner

Just released: http://judo.teamusa.org/marketing-news

Defense Soap Combats Germs for Judo Athletes as Official Partner of USA Judo

Colorado Springs, CO – Defense Soap, producer of body cleaners and foam barriers specifically for wrestlers, judokas and other mat athletes, has signed to be an official sponsor of USA Judo.

“USA Judo is very pleased to be entering into a partnership with Defense Soap,” said Sherrie Phillips, Director of Marketing for USA Judo. “This is a product that is developed specifically to address the needs of athletes that are in mat sports. We are excited to be able to provide a product to our athletes that they can use and need on a daily basis.”

As part of the sponsorship agreement, USA Judo clubs will have the opportunity to market and sell Defense Soap products as a way to raise money for their programs by becoming a commissioned based distributor, explained Phillips.

USA Judo’s Chief Executive Officer Jose Rodriguez described the sponsorship as “a natural. We look forward to a long relationship with Defense Soap,” he said.

“We’re very excited to be an official partner of USA Judo,” said Guy Sako, founder of Defense Soap. Sako has been a Cleveland Police Officer for 21 years and youth wrestling coach for 16 years.

“We are both honored and humbled that such a prestigious organization is relying upon Defense Soap to help protect their athletes. We are more than up for the challenge and cannot wait to move even further ahead with USA Judo," Sako said.
Defense Soap products are clinically tested and contain natural antimicrobial ingredients shown to be effective against common infections such as MRSA, Staph, Ringworm, Impetigo & Herpes.

Defense Soap was founded in November of 2005. Originally, created to help protect youth wrestlers from skin infections, the Cleveland-based company has expanded to provide a full line of personal hygiene products for combat athletes, including bars, shower gel, body wipes and barrier foam. For more information, go to their website at www.defensesoap.com.
4/23/11 7:59 AM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like judo would be a natural for this product but I am unable to figure out why judo hasn't been affected by the various skin infections mentioned above. I know BJJ/No gi grappling have these issues. Any ideas?
4/23/11 8:42 PM
DefenseSoap
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defense Soap, Owner
The Gi. As long as the Gi is clean it provides tremendous protection.

Guy
Defense Soap
4/24/11 1:57 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trust me, judo DOES have these same issues. not as badly as no-gi sports, but they are still present!

ive seen everything from ringworm to mat herpes to impataigo and mrsa in judo. they exist.
4/24/11 8:36 PM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, appreciate the responses. I bought and used Defense Soap when I was doing BJJ. I do wash my gi in hot water/vinegar ever workout.
4/24/11 10:35 PM
DefenseSoap

Defense Soap, Owner
Thanks for being a Defense Soap customer. A lot of Judokas are resistant to the idea of Defense Soap. I am not sure if they just don't know what our company is all about.

Happy Easter,

Guy
Defense Soap
4/24/11 10:37 PM
DefenseSoap

Defense Soap, Owner
Thanks for being a Defense Soap customer. A lot of Judokas are resistant to the idea of Defense Soap. I am not sure if they just don't know what our company is all about.

Happy Easter,

Guy
Defense Soap
4/26/11 10:03 AM
judoblackbelt

Guy, For one thing many in judo do not xtrain in BJJ/No-gi/wrestling are not exposed to all the skin infection issues that come from grappling in those disciplines. It is a topic on the BJJ forum multiple times. That is why I asked the above question. Hardly an issue in the places I train judo. One of the reasons I stopped training BJJ. I inquired about a top student of one of our local instructors who quit showing up at tournaments and he said he stopped judo because of reoccuring ring worm he think he got working out with the wrestling team/no-gi class at his college. Hope this offers some explanation to your question. Lack of knowledge/exposure to skin infections.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.