Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone knows?
4/23/11 9:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
djmackocean11

Pulled from 8countnews.com:
Petruzelli and Rea dominate at WEF 46

Results from April 22nd WEF 46 at UCF Arena in Orlando, Florida.

Seth “The Silverback” Petruzelli (13-6) awed fight fans with an impressive 1st round TKO over Dave “Big Wave” Mewborn (8-4-1). It was a much needed victory for Petruzelli, who was recently released from the UFC as he fights to remain a viable big name draw. In the end, his quick speed and punching power were too much for Mewborn, as he ended it early.

Anthony “Wild Thing” Rea (21-13) defeated Rob “Bull Rider” Wince (20-14) by way of a 2nd round TKO. Rea had been scheduled to face “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock, who withdrew with a nasty staph infection.

In other action:

Chris Barnett (7-1) defeated Walt Harris (1-1) by unanimous decision.

Patrick Mikesz (8-7) defeated Mark Anthony Serkez (8-7) by unanimous decision.

Mikey Gomez (11-8) defeated James Brasco (7-5) by 1st round submission (punches).

Gareth Joseph (8-3) defeated Brett Chism (11-11) by split decision.

Mike Brynes (5-2) defeated Felix Lopez (6-4) by 1st round KO.

Sabah Homasi (4-2) defeated Kevin Pearson (2-1) by 2nd round kimura submission.

Brett Harold (2-0) defeated Gamille Major (0-2) by 1st round TKO.

Ryan Keenan (4-1) defeated Aaron Conway (2-2) by 2nd round TKO.

Tony Ritter (1-1) defeated Christopher Nuckolls (0-2) by 1st round TKO.
4/23/11 7:16 PM
wopgenius

Barnett was completely dominating. Won every round. Didn't take any damage at all. Can't say the same for his opponent. Vicious leg kicks left him bleeding from his leg. Walt Harris is a tough kid. He would beat alot of the HW in the mix right now.
4/23/11 7:18 PM
wopgenius

Harris also was a combined 38-2 with ammy boxing and ammy Mma in TN which is same rules as pro minus elbows. He has alot of experience.
4/23/11 8:47 PM
Twister Trent
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ralph Acosta also defeated Marlos Moraes (sp?) by RNC second round.
4/23/11 8:52 PM
Obiewon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gert Kocani (sp?) defeated RJ Goodridge via unanimous decision for the 155 lb. title...great fight...I personally thought that RJ won 3 rounds to 2 but was a great fight none the less...the round in question would probably be #3...I think that could probably go either way...I gave it to RJ for damage, aggression, and control.

Gert won 1 & 2; RJ 4 & 5...
4/25/11 11:21 AM
bayna

You can get the whole WEF 46 recap at LockedInMMA.com

Felix Lopez is alright, by the way. He was apparently released from the hospital the following day after staying overnight for observation due to a severe concussion.

Barnett looked sensational, however he WAS 30 lbs over at 294. He still looked very light on his feet and took minimal damage from a guy that can end your night early and was a former boxer. Both of those guys have a lot of respect for eachother and will continue to impress.

The Kocani/Goodridge fight really was a toss up. I talked to RJ later and asked why he continued to shoot in rounds 3,4,5 when he was winning the stand up. I could even hear his corner yelling at him not to shoot. While i agree with your assessment, i really think that Kocani's ability to stuff almost every takedown through out the fight AND shrug off several sub attempts in the 4th is what helped him.

Brett Harold continues to look dynamite. He has now spent only about 54 seconds combined in the cage in 2 fights. He was all over Major leading up to the TKO.

Serkez looked like he really suffered from his tough weight cut. Mikesz is also very determined and has A LOT of heart but i was very surprised by the decision in that one.

Homassi showed heart too after being brutalized but coming back for the submission win.

And lastly, in Petruzelli's fight you could REALLY tell the difference between a UFC vet and a run of the mill fighter the longer Mewborn stayed in the cage with him. Seth was just so much faster and more powerful. Even my partner commented it on it a couple of times.

WEF put on a great show though!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.