UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> wrestling injuries

4/24/11 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Kush
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive never wrestled before besides gym in high school i was thinking about picking it up i was wondering were there a lo of injuries in wrestling and if so what kind
4/27/11 9:44 AM
simthefarmer

i broke my ankle 6 weeks ago
6/12/11 6:36 AM
john joe
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine
wrestling scares the shit out of me. I fucking hate being lifted into the air
6/12/11 10:54 PM
Seul
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've only had some experience with folkstyle/freestyle, but it wasn't much of an issue. The guys who go for scary lifts (like suplexes and double legs that finish with a slam) didn't come up very frequently; mostly it was standard singles/doubles and occasionally some head and arm throws (My experience was all at a low level in college, no serious competition).

Judo freaks me out pretty often in comparison, the constant emphasis on lifting people into the air and hurling them towards the ground messes with my head a little (tons of fun, though).
6/13/11 11:11 AM
john joe
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine
john joe - wrestling scares the shit out of me. I fucking hate being lifted into the air

two of my main training partners are these poison dwarf steroid goblins that are like five foot tall and five foot wide and just get under you and launch you skywards. Fucking sucks.
6/16/11 8:40 AM
Seul
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I worked out with a guy like that a few weeks back; he wrestled all through highschool, undergrad in college, and then a phD program (and then got into sambo/submission wrestling; he had some crazy crazy leglocks).

His go-to takedown was shooting for a double, lifting me over his head, then spinning me and spiking me on my head. He kindly never did it full force, but I swear he's going to murder someone someday doing it.

Poison dwarf steroid goblin is perfect, I'm going to use that next time I see him.
6/19/11 9:25 PM
Porkchop74
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

relax when your heading to the ground you will be fine. Just do not stick your arms out to break the fall.
Also condition your back and neck do bridges proper warm up and stretching you will be fine.
6/21/11 1:10 AM
skewbort

Porkchop74 - relax when your heading to the ground you will be fine. Just do not stick your arms out to break the fall.
Also condition your back and neck do bridges proper warm up and stretching you will be fine.

Sometimes it's right to stick your arms out, there are times when if I hadn't done that, I'd have landed on my head and be dead.

You have to get thrown/taken down loads of times in all sorts of ways before you develop a "feel" for it. Not too tense, not too relaxed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.