UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Knee/hamstring injury

4/25/11 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CT87
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had considerable amount of pain in the very back of my knee (kneepit?) and the top of my calf for several weeks. Tried RICE and NSAIDs, and already taking curcumin daily. I stretch it lightly every day (not to the point of pain), but even driving my car is proving troublesome.

Took time off from BJJ and tried to go back to just doing the warm ups and drills to no avail.

What sort of doctor would be best suited to see regarding this injury? Orthopedic, sports medicine, etc.
4/25/11 5:50 PM
MattB ATC
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say finding an orthopedic that specializes in sports medicine. From the sounds of it, it is probably a gastroc strain based off the fact that it is painful driving (assuming that means pushing on the pedal).
4/26/11 2:55 PM
PunchDrunkDoc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes - see an ortho doc or someone with sports medicine training.  Differential diagnosis includes: muscle strain, Baker's cyst (fluid accumulation behind knee), and DVT i.e. blood clot in the calf. 
4/26/11 4:46 PM
CT87
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you very much for the input, I went ahead and made an appointment with Texas Orthopedics, Sports & Rehabilitation Associates. They are the only in-network sports medicine clinic nearby according to my insurance representative.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.