UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> What's in the upcoming advanced rubber guard book?

4/25/11 2:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheFuzz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just preordered it, but maybe someone has a bit of teaser info?
4/25/11 8:18 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man

Edited: 04/25/11 8:33 PM
As i look into my crystal ball i see:

a great layout with high quality pics
(as usual from victory belt)

detailed explanation of every move/position
(because eddie loves to go on and on about JJ while stoned)

majority of technique will be made up of low % moves.(because all the high % RG technique has already been published)

The low % technique will be based off of such "advanced mma guard positions" such as crack head control, stoner control, and noogie control (noogie control is in MTRG, look it up you TUF n00bs)

the spine of the book will contain a secret compartment so that the reader can conveniently stash their......bookmark

I predict sales of the book will be poor, due to a unforeeen release of a RG defense book called:

Defending The Rubber Guard: A sweaty, shirtless, and posture filled guide to grappling.

:)
4/28/11 1:32 AM
TheFuzz

haha, from an Aikido guy. I hope that's a joke username.

I have a style that defeats Aikido. I call it "500 snappy jabs." After 250 jabs, I switch leads and IT'S ON AGAIN.

I think the Asylum Sweep is likely with how popular that is, but other than that I'm not sure. I'm hoping more details on finer points are covered.

Hopefully Eddie skips the 50 page intro about weed. I'm sure he has more on the topic that he wants to cover, but the vast majority of people buying the book aren't buying to learn about how much Eddie loves weed. If he really wants to publish a book about weed a separate book altogether would be a better avenue for it.
4/28/11 9:28 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man

My username a joke?

Aikido is no joke my fren.

How many 5th Dan Black Belts do you know?

Let me guess NONE. My rank is one only you can dream of

Aikido is much much older than TUF and your UFC fighting.

For the record I will flow like water around your "snappy jabs" Its hard to through effective jabs when your back is on the mat.

Let me demonstrate via video example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAc-gQIeAaI

P.S.
If A. Silva is smart enough to learn "finishing moves" from the grand master, might you consider doing the same?

nuff said fool.

4/28/11 10:27 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at Aikido trolls after the Anderson Silva and Steven Seagal shit.
5/1/11 10:30 AM
Mr. Dirty Guard

Edited: 05/01/11 6:23 PM
5/2/11 2:06 PM
TheFuzz

Since when are kicks to the head part of an Aikido curriculum?
5/2/11 9:52 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man

TheFuzz - Since when are kicks to the head part of an Aikido curriculum?

Basically back in '92 right before Under Seige was released Master Seagal incorporated many deadly techniques into his system of Aikido.

Theses deadly techniques are a series of front kicks targeted to the groin, chest, and face. These techniques and their variations are no match for "snappy jabs" and six months of sprawl training at you local UFC gym.

As far as Eddies advanced RG techniques for MMA, when have you ever seen Master Seagal follow his opponents to the ground after one of his takedowns.

Seagal emphasizes that following your opponent to the ground after any takedown is a mistake. I have never understood why even elite level wrestlers make this mistake.
8/26/11 12:29 PM
jeyel

When is the book coming out?
8/28/11 10:12 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man

The Loge,

Thank you for your input....."homie"

Stone tools and metal tools?? Your the only tool being used here. Its okay youre not the only one drawn into the occult of the 10th planet. Eddie has many Nibiru sheep.

Sensei Seagal will grant you grappling salvation if you receive his doctrine with an open mind. It will not be a quick deliverance, but one that will only be granted after years of loyal dedication. For your loyalty He will lift you from the doomed depths of matt battle hell and show you why grappling is best started AND finished from the feet.

Keep on twisting, you say....... Well, I will.

I will twist wrists til I have spread the truth of the divine technique to every man, woman, and blue named TUF n00b I find.

9/18/11 9:46 AM
coolio82394

Lol who could've guessed that this thread would've turned into an Aikido troll fest in just 4 posts. Isn't that a traditional martial art, by the way? Meaning that you should be discussing it in another forum?

As for the OP, maybe it'll have Bravo's new inverted guard. Which totally makes no f*cking sense. How are you just going to flip onto your head and just start doing jiu jitsu? Bravo must be smoking that good sh*t.
9/18/11 7:20 PM
coolio82394

@TheLoge

While I admit that my experience with BJJ is limited (I did 6 months of no gi with Paul Halme in North Richland Hills) and that I mostly come here for the occasional video, I am aware of the techniques. Enough to where nothing really surprises me. I'm also a wrestler of 3 years now. So it's not like I don't know anything about grappling. And if it's anything I've learned from wrestling and my limited experience with BJJ is that basics win fights and whoever has more mastery over the basics will win 9/10. Especially if you have multiple ways of setting up those basic maneuvers. Seriously, what can you set up while you're upside down? To me, it sounds like an easy way to give your opponent North-South position.

9/18/11 9:06 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man

Edited: 09/18/11 9:07 PM
coolio82394 - Meaning that you should be discussing it in another forum?

I believe what you meant to say here is WRONG FORUM ASSHOLE.

coolio82394 -As for the OP, maybe it'll have Bravo's new inverted guard. Which totally makes no f*cking sense. How are you just going to flip onto your head and just start doing jiu jitsu? Bravo must be smoking that good sh*t.

I havent seen the book yet, but let me guess the "new" inverted guard is renamed. What next, the 50/50 will be renamed to 50 Cent? Lets do a Poll on what to rename deep half for his new Super Advanced Rubber Guard book.

The Loge - Ummm it's not like Eddie invented the inverted guard, he just likes some set ups from it. It can be very effective in BJJ and in MMA with out soccer kicks.

Really? Inverted guard very effective in MMA?..... and you accused me of trolling!

The Loge - Having a closed mind to new or different styles or techniques is the exact mindset that led to the decrease in effectiveness and popularity of many of the TMA.

I recently just promoted 12 Black belts during my last testing ceremony. These adults spent countless weeks to achieve this rank. I dare you to tell them TMA’s are ineffective. The fact I had 12 promoted negates your claim of decreasing popularity.

The Loge -If you truly believe that then good for you, you have an excellent library of deadly techniques available for you to learn from just by going to blockbuster and renting 2 for $1.00 movies. That must be very convenient. A 2 hour lawman marathon followed by back to back viewings of Exit Wounds and Under Seige must be equivalent to earning your brown belt in BJJ, just imagine where you would be if you added Under Seige 2 to your training régime, watch out Rickson! Good luck in your future endeavors sir.

LOL….renting? Please I am a proud OWNER of every movie and episode of Lawman in Blu-Ray. If you kept an open mind as you tell others to keep you might pick up on some of the legit techniques Master Seagal is using in these instructionals you mentioned. Good Luck to you as well good sir.

coolio82394 - While I admit that my experience with BJJ is limited

Pretty much summed it up right there.

coolio82394 -(I did 6 months of no gi with Paul Halme in North Richland Hills) and that I mostly come here for the occasional video, I am aware of the techniques. Enough to where nothing really surprises me.

Enough to where nothing really surprises me……Literally LOL. That 6 months must have been awesome.

coolio82394 - Seriously, what can you set up while you're upside down? To me, it sounds like an easy way to give your opponent North-South position.

Youtube: “Ryan Hall Inverted Guard” and then spend another 6months watching.

10th planet system= great jiu jitsu for grappling competitions, not so great for MMA, IMO
9/19/11 9:16 PM
coolio82394

@ 5th Dan

The six months were nothing special, but I haven't exactly been sitting on my ass since then. Also, there's no reason to be condescending to me like that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.