UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva wants Roy Jones not 'Bones' Jones

4/25/11 5:26 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva recently appeared \Monday on The MMA Hour and expressed much more interest in facing boxing great Roy Jones Jr.  than UFC light heavyweight champion Jon 'Bones' Jones.

"Maybe finish my contract for UFC, finish my fights in MMA, I'll go. This is my goal for my career. It's my dream -- is to fight Roy Jones and boxing."

"Sometimes I look at Jon Jones fight and I remember me when I started to fight. I remember. I like Jon Jones. He's a good guy. He has great focus for training, for working. That's it. My opinion is Jon Jones is staying with the belt for a long time."

Silva no longer wants to fight at 205, as to not interfere with Black House teammates Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, and Lyoto Machida. So despite two spectacular performances at 205, Silva will stay in the division he is the world champion of.

"I finish my career in my class," Silva said.

Read entire article...

4/25/11 5:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CarlWinslow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how many more years will this go on!?
4/25/11 5:34 PM
ajsr
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit he's never said anything like this before!!!!
4/25/11 5:36 PM
frontrowbrian

once again, Anderson Silva proves why he is the #1 troll in all of MMA
4/25/11 5:42 PM
Fake Rassler

4/25/11 5:53 PM
card5
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i posted mine first

4/25/11 6:09 PM
Lord Kancho
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News probably just reposted yours.
4/25/11 6:11 PM
Fake Rassler

card5 posted his 36 minutes earlier
4/25/11 8:03 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Roundup
Lord Kancho - CBSSports.com/MMA probably just reposted yours.

Fixed
4/25/11 8:35 PM
Marco808

R0CK0 -  let's be real... a boxing only fight u gotta think Silva would be outclassed. Phone Post
Probably, but I don't think he'd be humilated or embarrassed like say, Diaz would be if he faced Vargas or Lacy.

Anderson's got great boxing skills. I think there's some vid of him boxing sparring with his trainer, and he looked real slick to me.
4/25/11 8:38 PM
dannyglover

Huge Bones tuck. Silva doesn't want to be exposed against the bigger man but seems to have no qualms with a GSP super fight. I yearn for a real challenge for Silva in MMA then maybe I'd want to watch him box.
4/25/11 8:40 PM
RavenFighter

By the time they fight, mid-2012, Silva will destroy RJJ. 
4/25/11 8:41 PM
Bing Lao

dannyglover - Huge Bones tuck. Silva doesn't want to be exposed against the bigger man but seems to have no qualms with a GSP super fight. I yearn for a real challenge for Silva in MMA then maybe I'd want to watch him box.

How dumb can you people be? Silva has said for more than a year that he didnt want to move up to LHW. Its not like he decided right when Jones became champ you moron(s).
4/25/11 8:47 PM
Jons Forsberg

5 more years in MMA is alot. Anderson realistically has 2 more years before he's completely out of his prime.
4/25/11 8:52 PM
dannyglover

Bing Lao - 
dannyglover - Huge Bones tuck. Silva doesn't want to be exposed against the bigger man but seems to have no qualms with a GSP super fight. I yearn for a real challenge for Silva in MMA then maybe I'd want to watch him box.

How dumb can you people be? Silva has said for more than a year that he didnt want to move up to LHW. Its not like he decided right when Jones became champ you moron(s).

How dumb can people be? You seem to be a shining example. Fucking mongoloid. Why tease everyone with a couple of amazing fights at LHW if you have no intentions of ever fighting there?
4/25/11 9:02 PM
supersaiyan

4/25/11 9:03 PM
supersaiyan

frontrowbrian -  once again, Anderson Silva proves why he is the #1 troll in all of MMA

apparently...this crap is so full of BS since the past 2 years we been hearing bout this Silva vs RJJ ..its a joke
4/25/11 9:03 PM
Bing Lao

dannyglover - 
Bing Lao - 

How dumb can people be? You seem to be a shining example. Fucking mongoloid. Why tease everyone with a couple of amazing fights at LHW if you have no intentions of ever fighting there?

You are cleary a fucking idiot. The point is, He has said numerous times for over a year that he doesnt want to go to LHW because of teammates. Dumb ass.
4/25/11 9:18 PM
MaxxAnth5

Idk about you guys, but I really want Anderson to go to 205 Phone Post
4/25/11 9:51 PM
Kirik
1938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
card5 - i posted mine first

Apologies. Article was supposed to be behind yours. Site crashed in middle of post was cause. Sincerest apologies and one year pro mem added as token of regret for what is kinda spamming.

4/26/11 6:21 PM
card5
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
card5 - i posted mine first

Apologies. Article was supposed to be behind yours. Site crashed in middle of post was cause. Sincerest apologies and one year pro mem added as token of regret for what is kinda spamming.

holy shit, thanks kirik i really appreciate it

4/26/11 6:34 PM
Jons Forsberg

Bing Lao - 

You are cleary a fucking idiot. The point is, He has said numerous times for over a year that he doesnt want to go to LHW because of teammates. Dumb ass.

Funny that Machida, Rogerio and Feijao don't seem have a problem with each other competing in the same weightclass, but appearently if Anderson moved up it would be a big deal.

And Jon Jones doesn't have a problem fighting his former team mate, but somehow his "close friendship" with Anderson would prevent that fight from happening, according to Anderson. I guess they're tight, even though one guy lives in Curitiba and the other in New Mexico.
4/26/11 9:03 PM
jaseprobst
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kent paul - Jones has been washed up for the last 5 years, put Silva in against B-Hop instead, not that this will happen because no one will saction this fight because Silva has no credible boxing background

Hopkins would hurt him, badly. Jones would outclass him but Hopkins would really take that personal. Wrong guy to do an experiment in boxing with.
4/27/11 1:37 AM
whistleblower
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bing Lao -

Anderson started to say around the time that Shogun was now Champion that he didn't want to compete at 205 any more (even though Shogun said he would be willing to fight Anderson) - but before that, when Lyoto had been the Champion, Anderson was saying that he STILL wanted to compete at 205 as well. (Just that he wouldn't fight Lyoto for the Championship there.)

So obviously, Lyoto's presence in that division (or Li'l Nog's, or Feijao's) was NOT enough to altogether keep Anderson from that division (or from still stating that he intended to compete there again).

If teammates were really the only (or predominating) reason why Anderson no longer wants to do so - then why did that same reason not apply earlier, when that same reason certainly already existed earlier? (Again, his teammates were already there, and this was even WHILE his friend was still the reigning Champion of that division. And yet, at that time, Anderson didn't exclude himself from - and even declared that he was still willing to compete in - the 205 division anyway.)

If teammates were already the necessarily-excluding factor, he should have never said otherwise in the first place.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.