UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> NBA Refs need to improve

4/25/11 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WrestlingSucks
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not talking about just calls that go against the mavs. Tonight the mavs are getting all the same calls Portland was getting when they were at home. Its insane that refs can be so influenced by a crowd.

There needs to be a system put in place where an official in a booth can stop play and reverse a bad call during games.

Review doesn't work in the nba because the refs are still influenced by the home crowd when reviewing.

Portland gets to the line like 20 times more than the mavs last game and Dallas gets to the line 20 times more this game? Stupid
4/26/11 9:34 PM
HeatleMania12
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's just natural. It sucks, but it's natural. Nobody wants to be the bad guy. Nobody wants to get booed.

The one glaring difference to me is make up calls. Home teams get make up calls, road teams don't. 
4/26/11 10:15 PM
WrestlingSucks
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it's so natural, why are NFL calls so more even? You very rarely see home town calls in the nfl to the extent you do in the nba.

Hockey is another example. You don't see the home cooking you get in the nba either.

I think NBA refs need a better system of checks and balances to create more even calls.

Just watch. Tomorrow Tyson Chandler will get called for fouls that will be sketchy at best.

If it goes to game 7, he'll get away with clubbing people.

That shit needs to stop. All it takes for a home team to win a game is to play with few turnovers and a 40 percent shooting percentage in most cases because they are going to the line for 20 free throws minimum
4/26/11 10:27 PM
HeatleMania12
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually I thought away teams got called for way more penalties than home teams in hockey?

And the NFL has way more officials on the field and each official has very specific duties, so their job is far easier. And they still get caught up in things from time to time.

NBA reffing is bad though, but not any worse than basketball reffing at any other level. Basketball is by far the hardest major sport to officiate. 
4/26/11 11:36 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blame Cuban.
4/27/11 1:00 AM
WrestlingSucks

I heard on the radio that the calls were pretty even statistically for hockey for home and away. I'm not really sure because that sport bores the shit out of me.
4/27/11 2:18 PM
flowerfeeder
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monty Williams called them out on letting the Lakers bigs get away with 3 second violations on damn near every possession.
4/28/11 2:45 PM
kanotoa
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - Blame Cuban.

Cuban will get shit on by the refs for a very long time after he disrespected them. I'm not saying that's right but refs are human and they aren't very well paid. The power they wield to affect games is one of the few things they have.

Cuban should straight up buy the refs IMO.
4/29/11 9:33 AM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/29/11 9:34 AM
flowerfeeder - Monty Williams called them out on letting the Lakers bigs get away with 3 second violations on damn near every possession.

horrible calls by the ref.

rmr the 2 back to back fouls on Okafur ?? i was like wTF? his 3rd n 4th fouls?

atrocious!
6/2/11 4:11 AM
Dcastillo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop blaming the refs for shit. I just accept it as an uncontrollable factor of the game.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.