UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> What antivirus does your company use?

7/12/11 12:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JBALL
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I deployed McAfee for our 200 user network (note, not 200k).  The learning curve is really high but once you set it you can forget it.. at least I do until something goes wrong.
7/13/11 11:22 AM
wheeels
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

either ESET, Bitdefender or Avast
7/13/11 11:35 AM
CuddleBug
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting thread for me. I'm looking to move away from Symantec Endpoint Protection. It's burned me so many times with insane behavior. If something goes wrong on a server, the network or a client, that's the first thing I blame and I'm almost always correct. Does anyone use a whole suite of the same line of products, for email server, clients, etc. or is there a mix and match approach?
7/20/11 8:15 PM
Road Warrior Fin
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take a look at MSE for business aka Microsoft Forefront - free eval as well.  It is basically the same thing as MSE - I'd imagine Microsoft's control/admin system is pretty steller and MSE just works great, clean, small and not annoying.

It does a good job on the spyware end as well.  If you are not running MSE on your own PC, meh, I would.

7/20/11 8:17 PM
Road Warrior Fin
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also -you might be able to talk about IDS/IPS in this discussion so you can pick up some new skills or just throw a snort box in there and span the incoming gateway port ;)
7/20/11 11:17 PM
jave
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Currently using Trend Micro Enterprise.

About 3000 stations and servers, do not have a single bad thing to say about it. To boot, the support has been great.

You can lock down usb ports, network shares etc.. as another feature of the program which is awesome. No more USB thumb drives in our sites... it's great but it still allows usb keyboards/mice to work.
7/20/11 11:54 PM
poober
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Road Warrior Fin - Take a look at MSE for business aka Microsoft Forefront - free eval as well.  It is basically the same thing as MSE - I'd imagine Microsoft's control/admin system is pretty steller and MSE just works great, clean, small and not annoying.

It does a good job on the spyware end as well.  If you are not running MSE on your own PC, meh, I would.
<br type="_moz" />

Curious as to the last time anyone had a system hit by a virus and not spyware. I only have to clean up the spyware and haven't seen a virus in forever. But it seem spyware scanners are the ignored middle child in most of these discussions.
7/21/11 10:11 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spyware stuff generally happens from unprotected web browsing. But I do see trojans (of the RAT type) on a fairly regular basis in corp networks. Usually comes in via e-mail and then phones home to the control box. Jump off from there.

That's why endpoint stuff is so important along with network based IPS and good outbound filtering policy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.