UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> X-Factor Half Guard?

4/27/11 2:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Thatcher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any info on this guard? I'm interested in getting the DVD but would like to know a little bit about the guard before I shell out the cash. What are basic postures, grips and hooks being used?
4/29/11 6:02 PM
cprevost
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Half guard bottom based on Karl's framology stuff. Best use of frames from bottom game I've seen. There will be plenty there that you haven't seen before I'm sure. If you've ever rolled with Karl you'll see that he builds frames from bottom better than anybody.
4/29/11 6:02 PM
cprevost
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should add that I haven't seen the DVD but did train this material with Karl at a seminar here in Portland....
6/1/11 9:34 AM
GFG

Edited: 06/01/11 9:34 AM
just picked it up, the half guard x-factor stuff looks pretty slick, for me it will add a new deminsion to my bottom half guard game escpaes (which was only 2 deminsional before ei hitting quarter to drive or take the back, and getting under him to sweep with all the variations tht come from that of course) i'll be tryng to add it to my game sometime in the next few weeks.
6/7/11 3:47 PM
Ryan Thatcher

Any specifics? Is it similiar to z-guard/knee shield position? Or is it mostly conceptual using frames to defend and set-up offense?

I've seen Karl's z-guard material and liked it.
6/17/11 7:31 AM
GFG

Edited: 06/17/11 7:32 AM
it's more about the use of the x frame (regardless of leg placment) to set up a new unique half guard position (the butt spank), where you can work a bunch of quick sweeps and submissions. i've just started to play with it while rolling and even after showing the few people that i used it on they still haven't figured out how to deal with this style of half guard yet. it's worth checking out for yourself

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.