UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Donofrio and TXC Unite for MMA Series!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/28/11 12:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Battaglia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Midwest’s top MMA promoter, Joseph “Fight Boss” Donofrio of Donofrio Entertainment is proud to announce he is partnering with the promoter holding Michigan’s largest stable of fighters, Glen Quinn, & Joe Battaglia of TXC, for a series of three exciting shows in the upcoming months.

On May 21, the two organizations will align for BeatDOWn at the Dow Events Center in Saginaw, Michigan, then on June 4 they will reunite for another show at the Emerald Theater in Mt Clemens, Michigan, and then finally, on June 18, the series will culminate with a huge show at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan.

For Donofrio, long the driving force of boxing and MMA in Michigan, the choice to combine forces with Battaglia’s TXC was an easy one.

“This is for the fans,” he explained. “We do the biggest shows in the Midwest and Joe has the best stable of fighters. The shows that will result from this pairing are going to be among the finest ever done in the Midwest. Joe Battaglia has been grooming some of these guys since day one of their careers and a number of them have become amazingly skillful fighters. He’s really got his finger on the pulse of the MMA gyms in Michigan and the matches we make are going to show that. And he’s a very honorable guy to work with.”

For Battaglia, who is also a fighter, joining up with Donofrio Entertainment means bringing TXC into some of the Midwest’s most prestigious venues.

“It makes sense,” he said of the joint venture. “We have a great system for developing fighters and he’s got a solid background of putting on high-end shows in the biggest rooms. We’ve sold out all but one show in the last two years and are really starting to outgrow our venues. Together we’re a one/two punch for Midwest MMA. Mr. Donofrio is a class act at all times and TXC is looking forward to working together on these exciting events.”

TXC will start its own TV series on July 10 of this year that will be broadcast in the Detroit area every week on MYTV20. For more information on TXC, visit txclive.com.

Tickets for BeatDOWn at the Dow Event Center in Saginaw, Michigan, are priced starting at just $12 and are available at The Dow Center box office, all TicketMaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 1-800-745-3000 (Ticketmaster) or at 989-759-1320 (Dow). The action starts at 7:00 PM, with doors opening at 6:30 PM. The Dow Event Center is located at 303 Johnson Street in Saginaw. Tickets for the second and third events will be available soon.

For more information on Donofrio Entertainment, visit donofriomma.com.

http://www.mmaonline.com/headlines/donofrio-and-txc-unite-for-mma-series/

4/28/11 2:01 PM
BigMike77
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice Joe! You guys have come a long ways in a short time!
4/28/11 11:15 PM
Joe Battaglia

Thanks Mike your always welcome!!!
5/1/11 9:18 PM
BigMike77
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey joe, just as a heads up, I have used these guys for years and they have great deals on great fliers and posters. Heavy card stock and they use the 4 color process.

http://www.pkgraphics.com/

5/3/11 1:13 PM
Joe Battaglia

Thx Mike I'll check them out!!!
5/21/11 10:12 AM
Brandon TheSissy Gallo

Great news for great shows.
5/24/11 1:49 PM
Train Judo

Heya Joe, Hit me up via facebook on anything you guys are rockin in august..need to fill up my guys schedules...hooah..
5/25/11 1:35 AM
Joe Battaglia

Train Judo,

I'll send you a message on facebook. Up coming shows are June 4th at the Emerald Ballroom. July 23 in Farmington hill, this his going to be a huge outside show with a bikini contest and all kinds of outside fun. I’ll let you know what’s up for august, probably the Silverdome....

Congrats on the Hierarchy Show!! I herd your team did great!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Brandon your the Man!!!!!
Joe Battaglia
TXCLIVE.COM

5/25/11 2:23 AM
Train Judo

Cool, thanx a ton bro, means alot coming from guys like you....We usually do fairly well but that isn't cockyness that says this, it's respect for the work my guys put in...They work very hard and our results have been amazing..I started here in Jackson 6 months ago and we are 29-2...29 finishes (27 in first round) and 2 decision losses:) again not braggin, just super proud of these guy's hard work (they are the ones in there, not me!)..You met a few yourself..My guys are always great sports and win or lose carry themselves like champions!! Im proudest of how my guys handle loss!
5/26/11 1:15 AM
Joe Battaglia

Train Judo,

Your doing a Great Job with your guys. Now lets see them shine on TV!!!!!
It will be good for your School.
Proud of You Guys.

Bring the team out one Sunday, We are doing an open Gym once a month for guys to get more looks.
My Gym is about 10,000 Sqf 24' Cage, Boxing Ring, Mats you name it. "No Charge"
We have a lot of great teams coming out.

Fight Club Proving Ground
1585 Crescent Lk Rd
Waterford MI 48327
Joe@fightclubgym.com
Cell 248-252-0427

5/26/11 5:56 PM
BigMike77

Joe Battaglia -  Train Judo,

<style type="text/css"><!-- /* Font Definitions */@font-face {font-family:Times; panose-1:2 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;}@font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}h6 {mso-style-link:"Heading 6 Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:6; font-size:7.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Times; mso-hansi-font-family:Times;}span.Heading6Char {mso-style-name:"Heading 6 Char"; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Heading 6"; mso-ansi-font-size:7.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Times; mso-ascii-font-family:Times; mso-hansi-font-family:Times; font-weight:bold; mso-bidi-font-weight:normal;}@page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}div.Section1 {page:Section1;}--></style><p style="margin-top:.1pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:.1pt;margin-left:0in;mso-para-margin-top:.01gd;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.01gd;mso-para-margin-left:0in" class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-bidi-font-size:20.0pt;font-family:Times;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">I'll send you a message on facebook. Up coming shows are June 4th at the Emerald Ballroom. July 23 in Farmington hill, this his going to be a huge outside show with a bikini contest and all kinds of outside fun. I’ll let you know what’s up for august, probably the Silverdome....</span></p><p style="margin-top:.1pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:.1pt;margin-left:0in;mso-para-margin-top:.01gd;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.01gd;mso-para-margin-left:0in" class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-bidi-font-size:20.0pt;font-family:Times;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman""> </span></p><h6 style="margin-top:.1pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:.1pt;margin-left:0in"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:20.0pt;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";font-weight:normal">Congrats on the </span><span style="font-size:12.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;font-weight:normal"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=729415520"><span style="color:windowtext;text-decoration:none;text-underline:none">Hierarchy</span></a> </span><span style="font-size:12.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:20.0pt;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";font-weight:normal">Show!! I herd your team did great!!! Keep up the good work!!!</span></h6>
Brandon your the Man!!!!!
Joe Battaglia
TXCLIVE.COM
<p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
<style type="text/css"><!-- /* Font Definitions */@font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}@page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}div.Section1 {page:Section1;}--></style>

any need 4 help judging that bikini contest, I can help :)
5/26/11 5:56 PM
BigMike77

glad to see they fixed the quote button here.
5/26/11 9:18 PM
Fury21
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for MMA in MI! keep up the positve work!!

5/27/11 11:50 AM
Train Judo

"My Gym is about 10,000 Sqf 24' Cage, Boxing Ring, Mats you name it."

Whoa!!! And Im all stoked over my measly 2000sqft...lol...Sounds like a plan...Ill get the guys together on a date and hit ya up bro!
5/28/11 3:15 AM
Joe Battaglia

Mike,
Your In on the 23ed

Myles,
We are all very proud of you, keep up the good work.
Keep Ben focused. He can be great to. He just needed to get out there with you and the right team.

Quincy

Your welcome to come out anytime!!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.