UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> i would like to thank God...

5/1/11 5:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would like to thank God for all of his blessings.

i thank him for delivering me from a life of drugs and addiction in one single moment. for saving my soul and filling that empty void with his holy spirit. for giving me peace that surpasses all understanding, and will sustain me no matter what im experiencing.

i thank him for a faith that believes the impossible. a faith that cannot be shaken or altered because i KNOW him, not just heard about him.

i thank him for a healthy family. for two beautiful kids and a wife i dont deserve. she is the perfect balance for me. i am a dreamer, and she is the practical one. she helps me to the ground, and i help her to the sky.

i thank him for a great job in this economy.

i thank him for speaking to me...and not in some abstract way...that he actually COMMUNICATES to me, and i to him.

i thank him for answered prayers offered in the faith mentioned in james and all over the bible.

i thank him for being a loving father that loves us unconditionally and not some absent God that he very well could be if he had wanted.

i thank him for experiencing life here on earth so he knows what its like to be locked in this dirt costume. who, being tempted in every way, resisted, and overcame the fall.

i thank him for an addiction to his word (another answered prayer according to his will) and i thank him for making it such a beautiful thing to me...opening the locks on it, and letting me understand it beyond just the words on paper.

i thank him for the desire to pray (another answered prayer) something i have asked for that i know will grow and grow

i thank him for the call on my life and the resources both mentally and materially to carry it out.

i thank him for his spirit that enables me to live a holy life and accomplish his will for me

i thank him for his son, who not only died for me, but lives in me and guides me in every situation in life.
5/1/11 5:31 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man, i could type forever and not finish. there is so much more....
5/1/11 10:14 PM
gord96
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DyingBreed - 

i thank him for an addiction to his word (another answered prayer according to his will) and i thank him for making it such a beautiful thing to me...opening the locks on it, and letting me understand it beyond just the words on paper.

i thank him for the desire to pray (another answered prayer) something i have asked for that i know will grow and grow

i hear ya there man! good stuff :)
5/2/11 9:21 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

please continue..it's so refreshing to hear someone on here actually talking joyfully about God.
5/2/11 9:26 AM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a beautiful prayer of thanksgiving...Praise Jesus!
5/3/11 3:00 AM
DyingBreed

haha, thanks guys. dont know why i typed it, but just felt like it for some reason.
5/3/11 3:49 AM
DyingBreed

DUDE! i just typed for an hour creating a thread telling about an experience i had with God that just got lost! i cant find it anywhere here!

*pulls trigger*
5/4/11 12:45 PM
gord96
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magicmaninthesky - Try thanking yourself.

No thanks.
5/4/11 1:46 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magicman, we do not need you to save us from our "delusions"

Thanks anyways,

me
5/6/11 3:54 AM
DyingBreed

"Cmon man use your brain."

i used to be just like you. i thought religion was a crutch to help sheep get through life, and help explain away the pain and mystery of existence. i have used my brain to chase my tail in paradoxical thought processes til i was splitting atoms! yet, no thought, no description, no anything could explain feeling him come to you and give you the hug you barely remember before existence.

you cannot intellectually explain what can only be spiritually discerned.

im glad though, you have more faith than a lot of christians...to say he doesnt exist as if you had all the knowledge of everything to figure it all out.

but really, i have been where you are, and i understand why you would question the existence of God. hey, it STILL doesnt make sense from a purely intellectual angle. that is why EXPERIENCE will always over-ride philosophical musings

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.