UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wrestling clubs, London

5/2/11 12:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ryans
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm hoping to start wrestling when I move to London in the summer and have a few questions.

Firstly, does anyone know of any good wrestling clubs London? How good are the wrestling coaches at the MMA clubs? (it seems that the UK MMA guys aren't known for brilliant wrestling..)
Also, how can you objectively judge the quality of a wrestling club/coach if you've never wrestled before?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
5/9/11 7:08 PM
GBDazzler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/11 8:06 PM
double post
5/9/11 7:09 PM
GBDazzler

Kensington and team USB(i think they train in london, got a lot of good wrestlers there). In the Uk you have quite a few iranians and russians in clubs. Really I'm not one to say or pass judgement on any mma gym as i don't know the full quality of wrestling or bjj in the mma gyms, but the way i look at it if you want to be a good wrestler go to a wrestling club and wrestle, if you want to get good at bjj you go to a bjj gym. Where do you live now why are you deciding to wrestle in london when you move and not now?
5/10/11 3:54 PM
ryans
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheers for the info. I think I agree with you about learning to wrestle at a wrestling club not an MMA club. I think I'll hit up Kensington or USB and see how it goes. Have you trained at either of these?
5/10/11 7:03 PM
GBDazzler

Edited: 05/10/11 7:20 PM
Nah I haven't trained at either I train at bolton wrestling club and ymca manchester. But USB seem to have a lot of medalists in comps when i've been at comps they've had quite a few iranians and russians doing well the coach seems like a nice guy reffed some of my matches, i think they have some of their matches on youtube. Kensington does well in competitions as well lot of iranians live in kensington.
5/12/11 5:43 PM
ryans

Cheers GBD
5/16/11 12:14 PM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're in London then KO gym and Tokei gym both have Greco-Roman training.
5/18/11 2:44 PM
ryans

thanks hulc.
7/8/11 4:59 PM
pmoney2
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry this post has come so late. Check out www.londonshootfighters.com.
32,000 sq ft mma gym with full time wrestling coaches who have wrestled internationally and produced Ufc fighters who can wrestle (john hathaway and karlos Vemola)
First session is free for a forum member, ask for paul(me)
Hope you enjoy your time in london. Phone Post
7/20/11 3:14 PM
ryans

thanks paul. I hear shootfighters have a very good reputation.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.