UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Terra Cotta Challenge and Gator Nationals

5/3/11 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
djmackocean11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a member of The Armory of Daytona Beach. This past weekend myself and a few of the members of the team went out to Longwood and took part in the Terra Cotta Challenge. It was mostly a martial arts tournament for Karate and Forms and Weapons and stuff like that, but they had a small grappling section of it too. I have been to a bunch of grappling tournaments but never to a martial arts tournament like that. It was pretty cool and the set up for it was awesome. If all grappling tournaments were set up like it, it would be the coolest thing in the world. The kept the room dark except for the mats and they were really lit up and they have music and the whole works. The grappling part was small and they only had one bracket and most of us ended up just going with each other as exhibition grappling matches but it was still cool. All of the Armory members ended up getting these like 16 inch tall Terra Cotta mini-soldiers as trophies. Rich even ended up doing the continuous fighting black belt division and won lol. The reason I am even posting this on here is the Gator Nationals are May 14th at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach and it is hosted by the same guys. It wont be a really big tournament but I am pretty sure it is ranked and is ran by some top notch guys. Here is the link for the tournament (http://www.gator-nationals.com/rules/grappling-rules.html) We had a few guys that did it last year including Rich. They gave away two mopeds for the absolute winners and he ended up winning one and Sean Wells ended up getting the other one. Rich is competing again I think to win another one, plus we will have a few guys there. If noone is busy next weekend this should be a fun tournament to come to.

If a blue namer could please, here are the links for Rich's two black belt matches from Saturday lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-qVciraNYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDGEkkz_VM
5/3/11 10:13 PM
JHalpin82
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AGREE!! Phone Post
5/10/11 12:08 AM
JHalpin82
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ITS A TORNADO KICK!!!!!!! Awesome, forever I will be able to say that I cornered professional fighter Rich Crunkilton at a Karate tournament!! Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!! Phone Post
7/4/11 2:14 PM
JHalpin82

Where's the video of our entrances? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.