UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Jackson MMA is open for business!

5/4/11 12:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Train Judo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/11 12:57 AM

Hey everyone, as many of you may have noticed I havent been on much, but on May 1st we had the grand opening of my new school "Jackson MMA"...I started Jackson MMA here in my hometown about 6.5 months ago at powerhouse gym and since that time my new team has basically grown daily and has managed to compile an amateur MMA record of 27-1!

I'm very proud of my guys and also very proud that we have grown to the point of opening an all new training facility of our own..

So if you are in the Jackson Area, feel free to stop by..Consider this your own personal invite..

My website with info on the gym is
www.jacksonmma.org

Here are some pics of the gym and some of the fellas who were there for the variety of seminars we put on may 1st..

*Special thanks to James (glockforlife) from Detroit for providing us with a kickboxing seminar. James and I continue to have a very close working relationship and consider our schools to be two branches of the same gym*

5/4/11 1:07 AM
Train Judo

My fighters are doing awesome and Im very proud of them!

Also look for us tomorrow as we will be gracing the front page of the county press here in jackson...

Hooah!

5/4/11 2:59 PM
Angelo Popofski
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Quincy! Looks like you got a nice number of people going, and a nice looking set up. Best of luck to you!
5/5/11 4:54 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/05/11 4:57 PM
Quincy already has a great team of wrecking machines, that conduct themselves like real martial artists, not just "cagefighters". Now they got the perfect place to go with it.

5/5/11 11:02 PM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson MMA FTW.
5/6/11 4:50 AM
Train Judo

Thanks Angelo, etc...We got enough signups the first day to guasrantee the next 2 years anyway. So thank goodness, jackson is finally ready to be on the MMA map!!
5/6/11 6:03 AM
David@accu

Great bunch of guys you have Q. Again, I wish you the best of luck. Gym looks great.
5/6/11 8:57 AM
Angelo Popofski
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Train Judo - Thanks Angelo, etc...We got enough signups the first day to guasrantee the next 2 years anyway. So thank goodness, jackson is finally ready to be on the MMA map!!

Wow!! That's awesome Q... what a great way to start off. Plus, I think your logo is pretty cool :)
5/9/11 3:29 PM
Train Judo

Yeah, I dig the logos as well. MY guys go by "Team Spartan"...It all started because we do the "spartan 300" everyday which consists of 300 prisoner squats, pushups, situps, jump squats, etc. during our fighting fit classes.... We also drill techniques this way...300 armlocks one day, 300 triangles the next, etc.....The team name and logos came from that...
5/9/11 3:30 PM
Train Judo

Misoldier..we will be here if ya ever come back bro!
5/9/11 3:53 PM
Train Judo

For you my friend, free...

Just make sure ya put out the good word to all your jackson friends:)

Oh and we have fights here in June as well. So ya may be able to take in a show as well:) hooah!
5/10/11 4:26 PM
Train Judo

Bob Kerr is a friend of mine...Good man..

I dont know Louie personally but know many of the warrior way guys and they are all top notch...some of the more experienced and qualified mma'ers in the state..With exception of that buttflopper Popofski!!..Ha!
5/20/11 9:43 AM
MMAknowitall

good to see old schools guys teaching... better than the guys who've only been in MMA for two or three years suddenly considered experts and running their own fight "teams".
5/20/11 1:49 PM
Train Judo

old school, and the new school..haha...

his shirt said future jmma'er

and on the back "jr. berzerker" (his dad is jeremy berzerker wood...lol

5/20/11 1:50 PM
Train Judo

^and check out those UG shin pads:)
6/5/11 12:27 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those shin pads are the shit!
6/5/11 6:57 AM
David@accu

Oh snap look who is on the UG now. Brandon your soul has been tainted. 
6/5/11 1:00 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes it has, lol.
6/6/11 3:06 PM
Train Judo

:)
6/10/11 9:31 PM
Brandon TheSissy Gallo

Good luck Q looks great. People in Jackson better realize how god they have it
6/13/11 6:21 AM
David@accu

Q had some guys fight this weekend I think. He also has some guys fighting coming up in July. His gym is going places!
6/13/11 3:49 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, how 'god' they have it is right!
6/15/11 1:16 AM
Beeza
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quincy has been one of my favorite people on this planet. A billion positive vibes from my wife and myself to you Quincy. Super B/ Beezer
6/15/11 1:25 AM
Beeza
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I tell a quick story about Quincy's last gym, CSF? You guys know that Shamar Garcia trained there and he was a monster. It didn't matter who he was sparred with, he was full tilt. I'm a musician (Quincy knew this) and I would try my best. Shamar would destroy me in seconds and never let up. It was pretty funny. Quincy would try to protect me, but, he could only do so much.

A few weeks ago, fights at the Palace. Guess who is the headliner? Shamar. My buddy would bet on every fight with me. Small bets. I throw all I have on this fight. Shamar was all over Lee (stumbling o nthe last name, he has been training a while around here) and wins. My buddy wanted to know how I knew Shamar, and I just said.."Train Judo". Thank you Quincy
6/15/11 8:04 AM
David@accu

Beeza -  Can I tell a quick story about Quincy's last gym, CSF? You guys know that Shamar Garcia trained there and he was a monster. It didn't matter who he was sparred with, he was full tilt. I'm a musician (Quincy knew this) and I would try my best. Shamar would destroy me in seconds and never let up. It was pretty funny. Quincy would try to protect me, but, he could only do so much.

A few weeks ago, fights at the Palace. Guess who is the headliner? Shamar. My buddy would bet on every fight with me. Small bets. I throw all I have on this fight. Shamar was all over Lee (stumbling o nthe last name, he has been training a while around here) and wins. My buddy wanted to know how I knew Shamar, and I just said.."Train Judo". Thank you Quincy

Beeza who are you? Yes, Shamir had a tendency to do that. Made it very hard to train there. No reflection on Quincy though. Thats just how Shamir likes to train. Personally being 155, I didn't enjoy it as much. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.