UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ken Shamrock Talks UFC Rio

5/5/11 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

on a 3rd fight with Royce: "there's no doubt in my mind and anyone else would tell you that this would be the biggest selling ppv of all time"
5/5/11 6:18 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the baddest mathematician on the planet.
5/5/11 6:39 PM
sienk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love it. Having said that, it could potentially be a real snoozer... Phone Post
5/5/11 6:51 PM
Dana Stern

I would want to see Shamrock VS Royce over anyone else they could throw in there against Gracie, but Shamrock is too much of a liability in that he has a questionible history of following through and actually fighting, and when was the last fight he was in that didn't tuen out to be a disaster? I believe he had a decent KO not long ago but for the most part he's done on his way to the cage.
5/5/11 6:52 PM
sienk

^ Yup. Phone Post
5/5/11 6:58 PM
onepunchJD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with everything Ken said there.
5/5/11 7:03 PM
onepunchJD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern - I would want to see Shamrock VS Royce over anyone else they could throw in there against Gracie, but Shamrock is too much of a liability in that he has a questionible history of following through and actually fighting, and when was the last fight he was in that didn't tuen out to be a disaster? I believe he had a decent KO not long ago but for the most part he's done on his way to the cage.

He recently had a submission win, and a decision win in smaller shows. He looked good against Rizzo, but was overmatched as a striker.. and has pretty much lost his takedowns due to injuries. He was winning his last fight before he tore a muscle. He had to pull out of a fight recently due to being legitemantly sick.

Its not like Royce is a spring chicken either.

The weight thing would be an issue.

Other than that, Id love to see it! Id pick Ken by KO.

But it wont happen.. and pointless to get our hopes up.
5/5/11 7:17 PM
onepunchJD

slamming - 
JonJonesFan - Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie III would be huge. I hope Dana puts behind the lawsuit and realizes that those two deserve the paycheck for what they did to UFC.

That's not how it works. If they would draw now, they deserve to be paid. But they wouldn't.

The PPV would be HUGE!

Combine that, with a fight between modern guys as co-main events..

They would hit ALL of the fan base, and potentially break records IMO.
5/5/11 10:40 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/05/11 10:40 PM
I couldn`t disagree more with it being "the biggest PPV of all time"

Besides,if there was that much of a demand,Dana & company would have signed it by now.Zuffa loves the green backs.

Get some sleep Ken.

5/5/11 10:48 PM
GroundStPound

Worlds most delusional man Phone Post
5/5/11 11:00 PM
theshooter

This fight could have still meant something 5 years ago. Ken Shamrock is too washed up now. He should retire and stay retired.

5/5/11 11:12 PM
dj_pipes

Severn vs Royce would be much better! Phone Post
5/5/11 11:14 PM
Bluegrass
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love to see it!
5/5/11 11:29 PM
onepunchJD

Edited: 05/05/11 11:31 PM
theshooter - This fight could have still meant something 5 years ago. Ken Shamrock is too washed up now. He should retire and stay retired.

You saying he couldnt beat Royce?

Watch the Rizzo fight.. Ken is still tough as hell and dangerous on his feet. Especially against Royce, whos only chance would be on the ground.

And I agree he should retire..

But if this fight were possible, Id be all for it.

Ken/Royce III - Retirement fight for both!

These are the 2 MOST important MMA pioneers by far.
5/6/11 12:00 AM
theshooter

"You saying he couldnt beat Royce?"

I think that Ken could have beaten Royce between 1995 to say 2006.

Ken is so washed up now, I don't know.

Royce is washed up too. Ken might be even more washed up.

At this point I don't care about seeing this fight anymore.

This fight does have freak show appeal, but these two has beens ought to retire and stay retired.

5/6/11 12:02 AM
JimmersonzGlove
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No thanks.

Signed,

Anyone who saw the 2nd one
5/6/11 12:02 AM
tenchu

I'd love to see it.
Like the good ol' days.
5/6/11 12:07 AM
rockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retirement fight for both men and the UFC comes full circle.

What a way to close the chapter and move forwards.

Ok it's not a fight to decide a contender but it would send goosebumps up the spine of any real MMA fan.
5/6/11 12:10 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight would do HUGE PPV buys
5/6/11 12:14 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zuffa imports nsac to rio. they want weight classes. these guys arent similar weight. and kens body is reportedly so torn up, hes unable to give a good fight.
i'd love to see the 3rd match with both guys 100%. but it wont happen.
5/6/11 12:16 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  zuffa imports nsac to rio. they want weight classes. these guys arent similar weight. and kens body is reportedly so torn up, hes unable to give a good fight.
i'd love to see the 3rd match with both guys 100%. but it wont happen.

If Royce can weigh 186 they can make it happen, Ken is very small these days. He would barely cut to make 205. I think he weighed 209 in his last fight.
5/6/11 12:17 AM
DamnSevern

rockwell - Ok it's not a fight to decide a contender but it would send goosebumps up the spine of any real MMA fan.
more like douche chills

5/6/11 12:43 AM
FingerorMoon
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LHW is 186 to 205

Both guys can make that weight class.
Why the hell not. Give the old dudes one last UFC fight.

It could be fun.
5/6/11 1:00 AM
chroniccomics5
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see this fight, I hope it happens.
5/6/11 1:00 AM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see it, and it would bring in a lot of viewers that wouldn't otherwise order the event, such as the WWE crowd and a certain sector of UFC fans. What's the drawback? It's not like they'd have to be paid all that much. I imagine Dana thinking it would somehow tarnish the legitimacy of the UFC as an elite organization with top fighters, but I don't see why they can't make an occasional exception, such as for two of the biggest legends of the sport. I don't see it as being more of a "sideshow" fight than Kimbo vs. Alexander.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.