UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> The Nobles, anything but..

10/24/11 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
audit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amateur fighters don't get paid to fight. Nobles fought before but when the largest promoter puts him on the suspended list at the MAMA site. www.michiganamateurrankingsystem.com/fight-leagues-in-aggreeance/fighters-no-show-no-call-list then he's more or less shitlisted.
10/24/11 3:09 PM
BigMike77
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Audit, Amateur fighters don't get paid, but when they turn pro, a ranked amateur career will allow a manager to negotiate a better deal for fights as pro.

When a guy says I have a amateur fighter with a 7 and 3 ranked record (were it is listed at the state athletics commission level)The promoter can see the record, see the fights and see the outcome, he is much likelier to give more money or a better package aka Travel and win bonus. Vs a guy that says I fought over 20 times in michigan...But you will have to belive me... Who do you think will get more money?

10/24/11 4:15 PM
audit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If everything goes as planned in Lansing with MAMA, the ranking system will be finalized with the code because from what I understand, they are not going to pay to have the code written for the website and then find out that it's no use. Yes I agree that a RANKED fighter in Michigan will have a much better chance of getting a better deal. Nobody can go by the "sites" that say they are doing rankings because they are all tainted in some way. My understanding is the way the new home of MAMA is going to do it is auto caculated based on the fighter, how they won, round, etc. Then it caculates it through the database and then populates another page for the public to see. But they are not moving forward with it until Al knows what's going on with the new laws.

Either way, No Shows at fights should be a mandatory suspension that will be maintained on the MAMA site and from what I see and heard at the palace fights Saturday night, they are doing that even though another site and someone else is trying to make sure they don't get that far.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.