UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> guess its time to explain... again

5/7/11 1:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe that salvation is found only in Jesus. I believe that Jesus is uniquely divine. I believe that in his death and resurrection he conquered sin and death, and begins the restoration of the entire cosmos. I believe that Jesus calls us to follow Him, not just to believe in Him. I believe the scriptures are the revelation of Christ, and that through them we are taught truth. That the scriptures are uniquely authoritative for our lives. I believe that Jesus is the foundation of all of our faith, belief and action. I believe that the Holy Spirit is the comforter sent by the Father to lead and guide us as a church community. I believe that Satan is the enemy of humanity and the cosmos, and sets himself against God's plans. I believe the clearest proof of the fruits of the Spirit is love, especially poured out towards the least of these as Jesus taught and lived out.

I do not believe that God would not live up to His own mandates, as the scriptures say he would not lie. I do not believe that any scriptural interpretation is "the right one" but that we are all searching for the truth, guided by the Spirit, or sometimes guided by other spirits, but that we are meant to grow. I do not believe that any lens through which we view scripture will show us as acurate a picture, as the actual teachings, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

rev
5/7/11 1:38 AM
Ridgeback
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to quote at least 10 verses per paragraph or no fundy is going to take your threads seriously.

As a fellow apostate, however, I applaud your post.
5/7/11 1:58 AM
Ridgeback

Forked tongues notwithstanding of course...
5/7/11 4:44 AM
PastorJosh

Safest statement of faith I've ever read. And I expected it. Phone Post
5/7/11 9:23 AM
reverend john
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well by your fruits you are known Josh, not by your beliefs. Tell me how your life reflects your beliefs.

I guess the nicene creed was safe? I believe every word of that too.

Test me silly boy

rev
5/7/11 12:55 PM
toelocku

Edited: 05/07/11 12:59 PM
hey Josh Fruits ARE YOUR BELIEFS. thats what a pattern of sound words is. and beware the no verse givers they try to use there 'smarts' to deceive.

Rom 16:17 And I call upon you, brethren, to mark those who the divisions and the stumbling-blocks, contrary to the teaching that ye did learn, are causing, and turn ye away from them;

Rom 16:18 for such our Lord Jesus Christ do not serve, but their own belly; and through the good word and fair speech they deceive the hearts of the harmless,
5/7/11 1:10 PM
Grakman

PastorJosh -  Safest statement of faith I've ever read. And I expected it. Phone Post

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 

The rev's post read a lot like your bio on Robert's thread.  
5/7/11 1:13 PM
Grakman

toelocku - hey Josh Fruits ARE YOUR BELIEFS. thats what a pattern of sound words is. and beware the no verse givers they try to use there 'smarts' to deceive.

Rom 16:17 And I call upon you, brethren, to mark those who the divisions and the stumbling-blocks, contrary to the teaching that ye did learn, are causing, and turn ye away from them;

Rom 16:18 for such our Lord Jesus Christ do not serve, but their own belly; and through the good word and fair speech they deceive the hearts of the harmless,

2 Thessalonians 2:15 - So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.

So toelock, are you ready to return to the Orthodox faith of your spiritual fathers, or are you going to abandon the traditions taught by the Apostles? 

5/7/11 1:31 PM
toelocku

lol...your statement makes zero sense.

the tradations they taught were what they said and wrote down and did not contradict each other for thereason of not having 100000 divisons in Christ. we are to be of one mind as taught through the scripture.
5/7/11 2:52 PM
Ridgeback

In the Bible Game (TM) the Rev and PastorJosh have already disqualified themselves for a lack of biblical quotes, while toelocku and Grakman are in a dead heat.  

I can't emphasize enough that if you want to win The Bible Game (TM) you are going to have to quote a Bible verse for, at a minimum, every paragraph you type.  Quoting a Bible verse for every word you type would be ideal, but we can't all be the Rooster.
5/7/11 2:55 PM
Ridgeback

toelocku - lol...your statement makes zero sense.

the tradations they taught were what they said and wrote down and did not contradict each other for thereason of not having 100000 divisons in Christ. we are to be of one mind as taught through the scripture.

Actually what you just wrote made zero sense.  We have been the same for 2000 years.  What about you guys?

"And she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses."  Ezekial 23:20
5/7/11 3:06 PM
toelocku

why quote the Truth of God when you can be your own?
5/7/11 3:08 PM
toelocku

2000? you might check your math on that...before Abraham was I AM.

and He came riding on an aas pulling a colt.
5/7/11 3:15 PM
PastorJosh

Ridgeback - not to be a jerk or anything but if you're going to quote Scripture, please spell "Ezekiel" correctly. Phone Post
5/7/11 3:25 PM
Ridgeback

PastorJosh -  Ridgeback - not to be a jerk or anything but if you're going to quote Scripture, please spell "Ezekiel" correctly. Phone Post

In order to do that I would have to learn the Hebrew alphabet.  

"My beloved is to me a pouch of myrrh Which lies all night between my breasts."  

Song of Solaman

5/7/11 3:29 PM
toelocku

be fruitful and multiply josh...
5/7/11 3:44 PM
Grakman

What are you talking about Ridge? The Bible was written in ENGLISH, the KING's ENGLISH. You call yourself a Christian and student of the Bible but you don't even know that?? Phone Post
5/7/11 3:50 PM
Grakman

(KJV) Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise [men] shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Phone Post
5/7/11 3:53 PM
Ridgeback

Grakman -  What are you talking about Ridge? The Bible was written in ENGLISH, the KING's ENGLISH. You call yourself a Christian and student of the Bible but you don't even know that?? Phone Post

I was hoping he didn't know that the Jews only translated the Bible into Hebrew in 1975 when they all had Jew fros and were getting uppity about it.

I think that the following verse will shed some light on the situation though:

"My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him."                                                                                     Sol the Apostate
5/7/11 3:56 PM
Ridgeback

Of course I only accept Queen Jame's authorized 1611 Version.  None of these mamby pamby modern translations:

II Kings 18:27
 --- "...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss."
5/7/11 4:59 PM
reverend john

yeah this is what I meant to happen

I am quoting scriptures, just not giving their addresses.

rev
5/7/11 5:36 PM
TheStewedOwl
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ridgeback -  In the Bible Game (TM) the Rev and PastorJosh have already disqualified themselves for a lack of biblical quotes, while toelocku and Grakman are in a dead heat.  

I can't emphasize enough that if you want to win The Bible Game (TM) you are going to have to quote a Bible verse for, at a minimum, every paragraph you type.  Quoting a Bible verse for every word you type would be ideal, but we can't all be the Rooster.

That's...

"The LORD said to me, “Take a large scroll and write on it with an ordinary pen: Mahershalalhashbaz.” So I called in Uriah the priest and Zechariah son of Jeberekiah as reliable witnesses for me. Then I made love to the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. And the LORD said to me, “Name him Mahershalalhashbaz." (Isaiah 8:1-3)

...how...

"Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls." (Micah 1:8)

...I...

"Both the pelican and the porcupine shall lodge in the capitols thereof; their voice shall sing in the windows." (Zephaniah 2:14)

...roll.

"...and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside-down." (Second Kings 21:13)
5/7/11 5:37 PM
Ridgeback

I am pretty sure addresses are everything in this game.
5/7/11 11:29 PM
the rooster

Gosh the the theological elites are soooo much smarter then those dang backwards fundies.

To bad you just can't burn them all. How dare they quote God's word. Get the torches and let's get those doggone heretical reprobates. how dare they have an opinion contrary to the Mother church.

Mock them, shame them, brand them, call them names! That's the catholic (universal) way! yay!

(to bad we can't get their property, maybe banish them, or stretch them a bit on the rack for owning a bible...stupid fundies).

5/8/11 1:00 AM
reverend john

I was not trying to start a shit storm

please take your crap somewhere else

rev

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.