UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Not suprised to see the Lakers...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/11/11 2:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inlikeflynn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - We should all strive to be as classy as Dirk.

What was that you were saying about "classy", Wrestling Sucks?
5/11/11 5:31 PM
quick
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LA is classy? You have a guy who ran into the stands and attacked fans, and then later he was found to be abusing dogs. You have another guy who beat up his girlfriend and attacked a coach. Your star player was accused of rape.

Your team would sign Hitler if they thought it would win them some games.

And your former coach is one of the biggest douche bags in pro sports.
5/11/11 6:31 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog243 - 

What will I have? How about what I have NOW.

A clear conscience, for one thing. For being a fan of a team, that for all its faults and mistakes, played the game right. A team that gave me great joy in the late 80s-early 90s, motovated me to become a good basketball player (4 years HS Varsity and 1 year JUCO ball), gave me an appreciation for the purity of the sport of basketball that I love both as a player, fan, and writer. And even if my beloved Suns never deliver a ring to my hometown of Phoenix, I still will be content with the quality of basketball I watched: without the kind of pathetic display "your" lakers produced earlier this evening. I have been able to watch many great seasons and playoff runs. Most were alot of fun and worthwhile. All have ended without a championship. This did not deter me, it only hardened my resolve as a fan and my love for the team I root for.

What do you have? Well first off, a fucked up idea of what being a fan is. You talk of success like it is your own. You sad little man. True success is what a man makes of himself. I can give you a few tips if you need them. Second, you mention the joy and satisfaction and friendship...but you only mention TWO titles. Which makes sense. Which I will illistrate in my third point: how shitty the lakers fanbase is. "best fans in basketball"? REALLY, you cretin?! Try WORST IN ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. Your fanbase is shit, as is your individual fandom. You are aware the lakers won other titles right? Probably, but only in the sense that someone else told you so...like most of the mouth breathing half dead douchey white people that inhabit Staples Center.

And Finally, I move to your poor basketball acuemen and your fucking retarded idea of who is on what team (in your own FUCKIN division no less). Goran Dragic no longer plays for the Suns dipshit, and hasnt since late february. Not that I would expect a frontrunner like you to pay attention to such things.

In conclusion, the lakers are pathetic, the lakers fans are pathetic, you are somehow more pathetic for trying to talk shit when you are clearly a bandwagoner, and if you even bother to respond to this post I will embarass you even more that the supposedly soft mavericks embarassed your "threepeat" team. You fucking charlatan.

LOL. Do you really think I give a shit about not knowing Goran Dragic is on the Suns anymore? Just LOL, man, you're hurting my feelings. You should be ashamed about how irrelevant the Suns have become that I don't even care who's on your team. Regarding my mention of two titles, this is because that is what this recent Lakers team has been able to accomplish and I was giving them props. I also mentioned in my post how I was able to experience these same sentiments 10 years ago(and 10 years before that, etc.) but I guess asking you to read and understand 7 whole sentences was asking a bit much, I apologize.

Finally, what it comes down to is that you're a pathetic hater. Plain and simple. You can bring all your ad hominem attacks and wish death on any player you want. You are just a troll and it seems you're OK with that so play on playa.
5/11/11 6:52 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floppy Divac -  While almost everyone of us have a soft spot for Magic I gotta agree with Wrestling Sucks.  Classy like Red Lobster.

lol
5/11/11 7:17 PM
MadDog243
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ Memory Blues calling anyone a hater or a troll. That is ALL you have to contribute to this forum, you fucking joke. Your claims to whistful "fandom" are as empty as your head.

You can talk all the shit you want about the Suns, but the reality is that barely missing the playoffs with a roster that was plastered together, ripped up, then retaped is significantly less embarassing than taking a team that is the same in every position that matters as the one that won the title the season before...and get swept and BLOWN THE FUCK OUT in the win or go home game...by a team that up until now is known more for choking in the playoffs than anything else.

Seriously the hypocrisy of that post is almost baffling. So you can go ahead and leave now, just like all the other rats leaving the sinking laker bandwagon. We all know you didnt slither out of whatever hole you came from until the lakers were a title contender again.
5/11/11 9:49 PM
WrestlingSucks
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. How does a scam artist targeting Dirk reflect poorly on Dirk's integrity? Dirk is one of the classiest players in the NBA. His response to cheap shots is putting up 30 points and 10 rebounds on you.

After the game, the Dallas media had a field day with this Laker fan. As they were attempting to interview Dirk, this douche in an Artest jersey kept yelling bullshit (This was after they were just swept by Dallas)

The media were staring darts in this douche and Dirk never even looked back. He finished his interview and as he walked away stopped patted the guy on the shoulder and said "Nice Lakers gear." while laughing his ass off.

If that was Artest, he'd probably yell something that made zero sense at the Mav fan, then after the frustration of his own inability to form a proper response (or sentence), Artest would likely attack the fan.
5/11/11 10:00 PM
supersaiyan

VTFU!! ^^^
5/11/11 11:41 PM
PoundforPound
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa - The Lakers front office is very good. They get great players by any means necessary. That is great if you are a Lakers fan but it sucks for everyone else.

This is true and it is why I favor a hard salary cap in the NBA just like the one in the NFL. This ensures parity instead of giving an advantage to the rich teams.
5/12/11 10:37 AM
quick
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ Wouldn't that just make it were certain players almost have to follow the endorsement dollars since they are taking a direct hit to their salary? I don't follow the NFL enough to know if that is how it actually works out.
5/12/11 2:44 PM
kanotoa
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The NFL has TV revenue sharing which gives smaller market teams like Green Bay a chance at being good. Teams like Dallas understandably don't like this but I think it is better for the sport. I wish the NBA had something like this.

Seems like in baseball low salary teams have a shot at winning it all too. Didn't the devil Rays win the title with a payroll less than A Rod's salary one year?
5/12/11 4:48 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog243 - LOL@ Memory Blues calling anyone a hater or a troll. That is ALL you have to contribute to this forum, you fucking joke. Your claims to whistful "fandom" are as empty as your head.

You can talk all the shit you want about the Suns, but the reality is that barely missing the playoffs with a roster that was plastered together, ripped up, then retaped is significantly less embarassing than taking a team that is the same in every position that matters as the one that won the title the season before...and get swept and BLOWN THE FUCK OUT in the win or go home game...by a team that up until now is known more for choking in the playoffs than anything else.

Seriously the hypocrisy of that post is almost baffling. So you can go ahead and leave now, just like all the other rats leaving the sinking laker bandwagon. We all know you didnt slither out of whatever hole you came from until the lakers were a title contender again.

Are you seriously trying to say that not making it to the playoffs is less embarrassing than making it to the playoffs, going to the second round, and losing to the one of the best teams in the NBA? You know, usually I'd just dismiss that as a troll, but I really think you have some sort of martyr complex in regards to the Suns. Next thing you know, you're going to be saying that not winning championships is better than winning championships. I wouldn't put it past you considering your very shaky grasp on reality. But it's alright bro. You're a victim, be proud of that.
5/12/11 6:53 PM
PoundforPound
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog243 thinks that the more he suffers the more it shows how much he cares. lol

quick - ^^^^ Wouldn't that just make it were certain players almost have to follow the endorsement dollars since they are taking a direct hit to their salary? I don't follow the NFL enough to know if that is how it actually works out.

Not at all. In the NFL the players generally go to the team that can give them the biggest contract. That's why T.O. went to Buffalo for example.

kanotoa - The NFL has TV revenue sharing which gives smaller market teams like Green Bay a chance at being good. Teams like Dallas understandably don't like this but I think it is better for the sport. I wish the NBA had something like this.

Seems like in baseball low salary teams have a shot at winning it all too. Didn't the devil Rays win the title with a payroll less than A Rod's salary one year?

The MLB system is by far the worst in my opinion.

Sure, a low salary team will win every once in a while through having shrewd talent evaluators and a good farm system. But year after year it is always the high payroll teams who get into the playoffs and who suck up the best free agents.

Revenue sharing would be awesome for the NBA. Heck, the whole NFL model is perfect as far as I'm concerned. There is a reason why they bring in the most money of any sports league on the entire planet. Soccer included.
5/12/11 9:54 PM
WrestlingSucks
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - MadDog243 thinks that the more he suffers the more it shows how much he cares. lol

quick - ^^^^ Wouldn't that just make it were certain players almost have to follow the endorsement dollars since they are taking a direct hit to their salary? I don't follow the NFL enough to know if that is how it actually works out.

Not at all. In the NFL the players generally go to the team that can give them the biggest contract. That's why T.O. went to Buffalo for example.

kanotoa - The NFL has TV revenue sharing which gives smaller market teams like Green Bay a chance at being good. Teams like Dallas understandably don't like this but I think it is better for the sport. I wish the NBA had something like this.

The MLB system is by far the worst in my opinion.

Sure, a low salary team will win every once in a while through having shrewd talent evaluators and a good farm system. But year after year it is always the high payroll teams who get into the playoffs and who suck up the best free agents.

Revenue sharing would be awesome for the NBA. Heck, the whole NFL model is perfect as far as I'm concerned. There is a reason why they bring in the most money of any sports league on the entire planet. Soccer included.

The Fakers got swept with the same roster they won titles with. That is ALOT worse than The Suns situation. The Suns knew they didn't have a championship team. Bandwagon fans like you "weren't worried" after Dallas drilled you in game 1 because you don't watch basketball enough to see the writing on the wall. Dallas was way better than LA at every position, including bench players, and coach.

Phil Jackson will go down as the greatest coach, blah blah blah but he's not a very good coach. He's great at pandering to his stars and finding role players that don't mind being excluded from Phil's inner circle.

He got massively outcoached against the Mavericks.

But on to your NFL comment. Buffalo was the only team that even offered T.O. a contract. The only team. He was weeks away from being retired until Buffalo said, "fuck it, we need to sell tickets" While technically, Buffalo was the highest bidder, they were the only bidder.
5/12/11 9:56 PM
WrestlingSucks

The NFL brings in the most money because more people watch it. Football is America's game. Baseball is an afterthought.
5/12/11 9:59 PM
quick

I think Phil is a douche, but he is a great coach. And it sounds like he wasn't too impressed with this years team and I am sure that played a part in his coaching. He just wanted out.
5/13/11 4:26 PM
MadDog243
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, I am saying that getting swept in the second round when you were picked to threepeat is alot more embarassing than not making the playoffs when you werent expected to anyway. Not a hard fucking concept to understand.

LOL@ how quickly the laker douches have gone through the seven stages of grief. Just a week ago it was denial "We got this, we are better, Im not worried" now its acceptance "We lost because the other team was better than us" At least that is something I guess.
5/13/11 4:30 PM
MadDog243

PoundforPound - MadDog243 thinks that the more he suffers the more it shows how much he cares. lol

Laugh all you want, I wouldnt expect people that only root for teams because they are popular and/or successful instead of having some actual ties or emoional connection to the city/team to understand that being a real fan means that you are going to suffer. Ive had good and bad, Ive gotten to watch alot of high level basketball and while it hasnt resulted in a championship yet, i wouldnt trade the experience or trade places to be a fan of any other team.

The people that choose to pick up, drop, then pick up the Lakers again (or any other team like them) will never understand this, because they simply abandon ship when times get a little tough.
5/13/11 5:30 PM
bluedragon

anyone actually watch the games and conclude that the lakers are just too old? would that theory not fit into the what is more embarrassing recess debate going on?

again, mad props to dallas for putting it all together in the way they did. if they continue to shoot like that from 3, nobody will beat them.
5/13/11 6:02 PM
PoundforPound

MadDog243 - The people that choose to pick up, drop, then pick up the Lakers again (or any other team like them) will never understand this, because they simply abandon ship when times get a little tough.

It's pretty lame to do that. Bandwagon fans are the worst.

That's why I have no respect for people like WrestlingSucks who suddenly become forum regulars once their team starts winning.
5/14/11 3:17 PM
kanotoa
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In all fairness WS and SOG were Mavs fans for a long time. THey dropped out for personal reasons as I did for a while. I don't think they are front runners.
5/14/11 7:46 PM
WrestlingSucks

LOL. I've never stopped posting on this forum unless it was because I had too busy of a schedule, schmuck.

Sometimes, when you're fighting, going to college, and working full-time you choose your brief free moments on a social life over posting on a forum.

Now that Im graduated and don't have a fight coming up soon, I'm here to destroy you bandwagon Laker fans for a while.

The Mavericks have been a 50 win team for 10 years. I began posting here again before they even beat Portland, who everyone was saying was a bad match up for Dallas and would beat them.

Maybe you should take the next few plays off. Maybe wait until you have something of value before you click submit?

Now that the Fakers are the Mavs girlfriend, have you bought your Lebron jersey yet? No? I'm sure you're a "die hard" Yankee fan though so you always have that to look forward to.
5/14/11 9:59 PM
PoundforPound

kanotoa - In all fairness WS and SOG were Mavs fans for a long time. THey dropped out for personal reasons as I did for a while. I don't think they are front runners.

What a coincidence that those personal reasons suddenly disappeared for this playoff run.

McFan/SOG I know is for real. Even though he has been repeatedly banned he always finds a way to post about his Mavs.
5/15/11 12:02 AM
WrestlingSucks

LOL. What a douche you are. If McFan was posting now, you'd be saying the same thing about him. Your team lost, you butt hurt bandwagon fan. Get over it.

"After watching game 1, I'm not worried about this series" -PoundforPound

"Im slightly worried after watching game 2 but the Lakers are still the better team" -PoundforPound

"???????"

Profit.
5/15/11 12:40 AM
PoundforPound

Edited: 05/15/11 12:40 AM
The Lakers should have won game 1. There was no cause for concern at that point.

After game 2 there were some disturbing patterns emerging but I still thought they could get back to their game 1 form. I was wrong.

WrestlingSucks - If McFan was posting now, you'd be saying the same thing about him.

I wish he was posting. Instead we get Johnny Came Lately you acting like a braying donkey and attacking anyone who doesn't fawn all over Dallas.

You're making me wish I had made my reverse curse thread about the Mavericks instead of Miami.

Oh wait, you probably don't even know about the forum curse do you?
5/15/11 11:55 AM
quick

SoG did take his lumps and so I wouldn't mind seeing him get to gloat a little. And I saw WrestlingSucks posting plenty of times on the UG during his "break".

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.