UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Who are the 10 Smartest People in Marvel?

5/9/11 11:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/11 11:11 AM

Who are the 10 Smartest People on EARTH in Marvel Universe-616.

Ive heard reference to SHIELD having a list but ive never seen it.

Im sure that:

Tony Starks
Reed Richards
DOOM!
Amadeus Cho
Pym
Banner
&
Black Panther

are on the list. but how do they rank and who else is on the list?   

Edited: to change rankings for Earth only.
5/9/11 11:04 AM
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHOOO HOOO!!!!

Im able to make threads again!!!!!!
5/9/11 11:04 AM
MarkRobinson

Edited: 05/09/11 11:04 AM
I believe the smartest is

5/9/11 11:05 AM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanos is the top dog, if aliens are included.

Doom and The Leader would be on the list.
5/9/11 11:07 AM
Bitters
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what about the baby richards?
5/9/11 11:11 AM
MarkRobinson

Well, William.

Let me rephrase this, "10 Smartest on Earth"

Otherwise Thanos is definitely top 5.

Im going to edit the initial post.
5/9/11 11:15 AM
Mumbly Joe
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/9/11 11:20 AM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm then I will stick with the Leader as an addition to the list.
5/9/11 11:33 AM
MarkRobinson

Bitters - what about the baby richards?

I assume that Valeria Richards is atleast in the top 15. Im not quite sure exactly how intelligent she is though. She very well may be top 10.

The reason i started this is because another thread started to discuss it. Ive heard talk of the whole "8 smartest People in the world" in comics but i cant find any definitive list.
5/10/11 3:30 AM
HardyJenns
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't read comics in years, but I'll throw out Xavier, Kang and Doc Octopus to those mentioned maybe
5/10/11 7:34 AM
Wahlau
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Thinker is definitely top 10, as is Valeria Richards and MODOK

I would drop the Wizard to perhaps top 20, as although he is supposed to be a super genius, he hasn't really impressed with his creations. The Red Ghost is perhaps among the top 20 as well
5/10/11 7:36 AM
Leigh
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

from marvel wiki:-

Reed Richards - "Richards is one of the three most intelligent beings on the planet."

Tony Stark - "He is one of the three smartest people on Earth."

Amadaeus Cho - "According to Shield he's the 7th smartest person on the planet. Although Banner would later place Cho as tenth, Banner recently affirmed Cho as being one of the 8 smartest men on the planet." - this seems a bit sexist

Bruce Banner - "Dr. Bruce Banner is a genius in nuclear physics, possessing a mind so brilliant that it cannot be measured by any known intelligence test. According to Banner, he's one of the eight smartest people on the planet."

Valeria Richards - "She is seen to complete a Rubik's Cube with her father saying that she will be playing chess by the time she is two. In issue 573 she claimed that she was smarter than her father."

Thanos - "His intellect surpasses Earth's greatest minds, Reed Richards and Doctor Doom."

honourable mentions to the leader, pymm, doom
5/10/11 10:05 AM
BigWilliam

Where would Ultron rank on the list?
5/10/11 10:06 AM
MarkRobinson

What do you guys think about this list? Maybe switch Reed and Valeria.

1. Valeria Richards
2. Reed Richards
3. Tony Stark
4. Pym
6. Doom
7. Bruce Banner
8. Leader
9. Amadeus Cho
10. T'challa

5/10/11 11:33 AM
Leigh
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/11 11:37 AM
T'Challa - "T'Challa possesses a genius level intellect. His genius is as such that he is one of the eight smartest people on Earth."

Hank Pym - "His high I.Q. makes him one of the nine smartest people in the world capable of rivaling others such as Reed Richards and is regarded by the Eternity as the Earth's "Scientist Supreme"."
5/10/11 11:35 AM
paw
1382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - What do you guys think about this list? Maybe switch Reed and Valeria.

1. Valeria Richards
2. Reed Richards
3. Tony Stark
4. Pym
6. Doom
7. Bruce Banner
8. Leader
9. Amadeus Cho
10. T'challa

Doom lower than Pym is crazy.  Arguably Doom is smarter than Richards (invented the first time machine, cured Ben Grimm of the Thing)
5/10/11 11:45 AM
Leigh

Doom didn't get a specific number in the wiki. It says, "He is easily one of the top mortal minds on the planet."

So according to the wiki, we know Richards and Stark are top 3, Cho is number 7, Banner and T'Challa are top 8, Pymm is top 9. Valeria claims to be smarter than her dad but that doesn't make it so

1) Reed Richards
1) Tony Stark
1) ??? (Doom?)
4) ???
5) ???
6) Banner
6) Cho (7)
6) T'Challa
9) Pymm
10) ???

Probably held by some nerds no one has heard of in comics
5/10/11 12:08 PM
MarkRobinson

Edited: 05/10/11 12:14 PM
 I feel like Pym should be ranked smarter than TChalla and Banner.

What exactly has Banner or Challa done that was a feat of intelligence? I really wasnt even aware that Black Panther was Super smart until fairly recently. And i just dont recall Bruce doing much.  

maybe this:

1) Reed Richards
1) Tony Stark
1) Doom
4) Pym
5) ???
6) Banner
6) Cho (7)
6) T'Challa
9) ????
10) ???

5/10/11 1:02 PM
Leigh

Yeah I could buy that. I agree about BP - never thought of him as a super genius. Even banner always seemed about Peter Parker level to me Phone Post
5/10/11 1:33 PM
Bitters
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys have it all wrong...

1. Professor X: Teaches all the time, a professor
2-7 are DOCTORS, sort of an important title for some people
2. Dr. Doom
3. Dr. Connor (Lizard)
4. Dr. Faustus
5. Dr. Strange
6. Dr. Octopus
7. Dr. Spectrum
8. Taskmaster: Can just LOOK at stuff and figure it out
9. Sentry: Everything he ever wanted to do he could..
10. Squirrel Girl: obvious
5/10/11 2:58 PM
MarkRobinson

Bitters - You guys have it all wrong...

1. Professor X: Teaches all the time, a professor
2-7 are DOCTORS, sort of an important title for some people
2. Dr. Doom
3. Dr. Connor (Lizard)
4. Dr. Faustus
5. Dr. Strange
6. Dr. Octopus
7. Dr. Spectrum
8. Taskmaster: Can just LOOK at stuff and figure it out
9. Sentry: Everything he ever wanted to do he could..
10. Squirrel Girl: obvious
lol 
Your list is ridiculous.

5/10/11 3:30 PM
Granpa
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to the official Marvel site, of all those mentioned so far, Thanos has the highest intelligence:

http://marvel.com/universe/Thanos

As far as humans go, in pure intelligence Professor X beats out Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Dr. Doom and all the other homos mentioned.

http://marvel.com/universe/Professor_X
5/10/11 6:47 PM
kung_pow
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Professor x is only the smartest because when they all take a test he reads the minds of the others. Also if the teacher asks the class a question, professor x can raise his hand first without knowing the question, relying on the fact that he knows Richards will hear the question and think the answer just in time for prof x to steal it.

The lack of putting pym on these lists, is disturbing. He is definitely top 10 and gets bonus points for knowing how to keep women in check.
5/10/11 7:17 PM
MarkRobinson

Edited: 05/10/11 7:17 PM
Professor X is not Smarter than Stark, Doom, Reed or Pym. he may be in the top 10 but he is definitely not above those 4.

fuck that.

He has a powerful mind but were not talking about telepathy.

Also, i agree. Pym knows how to put a hoe in check. lol

5/13/11 7:50 PM
johnnypayne
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I remember, since Stark got his reset his mind is now overclocked to the point where he is the smartest, he even stunned Reed with the amount of power he was running through his brain.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.