UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> A confession of weakness

5/22/11 1:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TigerDriver - "my only goal my singular focus is Christ and his kingdom."

If you fill yourself with divine love, there will be no entrance for pity, fear and hate. Your path to God, service to God through service to mankind is admirable and a righteous path. Fear I've read is what separates us and divides us from God. Take that hurdle over these demonic(man's) qualities and your problems will wash away. I'm in the muck too fren, I just realize it. Good luck.

Disclaimer: When it comes to religion, I don't know the difference between cow shit and horse shit, so don't take anything I wrote as gospel. And most of what I wrote is not from my own experience, but a trust in the unified teachings between the great religious teachers throughout history.

my statement was not meant to mean, that I have arrived, but that this is my goal, believe me, I am fully aware of the muck I am in, and my own struggle and confusion and weakness as this post demonstrates. I should not give a rats ass what people think, but I still do, I hate that.

rev
5/22/11 1:53 PM
Grakman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TigerDriver - "my only goal my singular focus is Christ and his kingdom."

If you fill yourself with divine love, there will be no entrance for pity, fear and hate. Your path to God, service to God through service to mankind is admirable and a righteous path. Fear I've read is what separates us and divides us from God. Take that hurdle over these demonic(man's) qualities and your problems will wash away. I'm in the muck too fren, I just realize it. Good luck.

Disclaimer: When it comes to religion, I don't know the difference between cow shit and horse shit, so don't take anything I wrote as gospel. And most of what I wrote is not from my own experience, but a trust in the unified teachings between the great religious teachers throughout history.

Nice edit TigerDriver.  This is much better than your original post, and I am not being sarcastic. 
5/23/11 12:43 AM
reverend john
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am sure the Lord is not done with you, thank you for your honesty, your frailty and your friendship.

rev
5/23/11 8:39 AM
jimmy23
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is normal and ok to get down and to doubt

it will pass. Often spiritual growth occurs below the surface, when all we can see and feel is doubt and a sense of  despair. But below that, the roots of the  tree are expanding and at some point this will become evident.

You are a good man Rev, someone i have much respect and even fondness for.  We all have times where we need to recharge our batteries, and we need times where we let others take of us for a bit.  If I have any advice, it is to let yourself be receptive to the help and support of others. Even caretakers and leaders need to be taken care of and nurtured at times

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.