UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> So in the gospels...

5/10/11 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are ten times as many chapters that tell us of Jesus life and teachings than his death. Is it possible that God wanted us to spend ten times as much time living after Christ as we do thinking about His death? I mean the cross is once and for all and is done. But your life is moment by moment meant to be the life of God in flesh upon this earth

Rev
5/12/11 5:08 PM
LurkDiggler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev
This is one of my favorite views of Christianity that i feel doesnt get brought up enough. Sometime i feel too much emphasis is put on what jesus did for us in terms of his death instead of how he tries to teach us how to live. I always bring up a story Paulo Coelho wrote where in it he talks of Jesus' miracles how he must have dwelled over which miracle he could/should perform first...

"He must have considered the healing of a paralyzed man, the resurrection of the dead, the expulsion of a demon, something that his contemporaries would have considered as “noble”. After all, it would be the first time to show the world that he had come as the Son of God.

And it is written: his first miracle was turning water into wine – for a wedding party.

May the wisdom of this gesture inspire us, and be always present in our souls: the spiritual quest is compassion, enthusiasm and joy too."

It has always stuck with me!
5/12/11 5:12 PM
Grakman

Good post Lurk, I like the point about the first miracle. Thanks for sharing.
5/12/11 6:05 PM
gord96
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good points, but i don't think you can ever put too much emphasis on Christ's death.
5/12/11 6:15 PM
LurkDiggler

gord96 - good points, but i don't think you can ever put too much emphasis on Christ's death.

Very true. I don't mean to downplay his sacrifice. I just think sometimes we don't spend enough time showing how he wants you to enjoy life, not live for the door he opened for us. Maybe in my life it wasn't brought up enough? Or so i feel.
5/12/11 6:16 PM
LurkDiggler

Thanks Grakman!
5/12/11 6:54 PM
reverend john
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's balance

Great point about wedding at Cana I speak on that a lot as well

Rev

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.