UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Top non-UFC or Strikeforce 135ers and 145ers in Fl

5/17/11 9:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
willfightanyoneat175
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James "Bones" Austin at 145. He is 4-0. That guy at 3 big meals in the span of 4 hours to make 145. He is small but does good. I wish he would get focused.
5/19/11 11:30 AM
willfightanyoneat175

anyone?
5/19/11 2:57 PM
bayna

Shah, I love reading your replies. You really have a firm grasp on the state of MMA in FL. That Bogdan kid is a killer and i'd LOVE to see him fight again. I'm definitely on the Baboon train too, he impressed me in that title fight. I'd like to see you and Archer go at it because i think it would be fireworks the whole time. I also think Acosta has a little something for everyone he fights. I'll be sure to cover the fight if you get Caleb though!
5/20/11 1:48 AM
ELuke
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/20/11 1:50 AM
<blockquote>shah5297 - <p> if you are grouping together 135 and 145 Geane Herrera, A. Connors and Mike Ortiz can not be on the list. Not to say Herrera and Connnors wont be on the list in two years but right now top guys in both weight classes would just walk right through both of them. Ortiz has a loss to James Wynn.</p><p>Fights that need to happen; Florida promotions please take note and you can send me my consultant check in the mail.<br /><br />135:Sharipov VS Villa-this would be for the real FL state title<br />145:Baboon VS Matt McCook-Baboon I think is everyones #1 featherweight and McCook#2<br />135:Bobonis VS Archer-lets see who really has the best stand up for MMA since you say no one is willing to stand up with you<br />135: Quintanilla VS Luke: very similar in styles would make for fireworks on the feet and a bjj lovers dream on the ground<br />135: Acosta Vs Burgos- this would be the most high paced, scramble friendly fight FL has ever seen. 135: 135: Alfonso VS Moraes: I had to throw in one classic stiker VS grappler match up<br /><br />The fighters mentioned above have the best at 135/145 in the last year (Burgos being the only one that hasnt been active). XFC, AOF, WEF, MFA, CFA, Radrok, Fight Time ect. make some phone calls reach into your pockets to book the best talent in FL and lets make it happen.</p></blockquote><br /><br /><br />

that would be an awesome card. lets make that happen
5/22/11 11:50 AM
willfightanyoneat175

Austin and Burgos were supposed to fight for a small org for the vacant RFC 145lb title and was scrapped many times due to Austin wanting more money.
5/22/11 1:58 PM
GBOwarrior
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to fight for the 145 Rfc title. I love that promotion. The crowd always gives such a positive vibe. Jim Alers Phone Post
5/22/11 8:51 PM
shah5297
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you bayna. I really enjoy talking MMA.

Just saying!..... I Just won another fight this weekend in Mexico. 1st rd sub in a title fight Combate Extremo. (11-6) now.
5/22/11 9:47 PM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting rankings without Twister Trent?

Shame Shame Shame.

Well Shah, I have taught you well in the way of rankings, you've got it down.

Congrats on the win too, Monson would be proud. :)
5/22/11 10:31 PM
shah5297
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Trent. Did you do the NAGA this weekend?
5/23/11 11:43 AM
willfightanyoneat175

Ryan "Who Dat" keenan at 145 is awesome too.
5/23/11 8:59 PM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shah- Actually, I had no knowledge of it until some of my friends posted pictures lol. I'll be doing NAGA July 2nd though.
5/23/11 10:09 PM
wopgenius

Congrats to Shah on the Title. Great work. Get some flower print shorts for August! haha
5/24/11 5:24 AM
brawlinbarrister

shah5297 -  Look at McCooks two losses! John Franchi is a WEC vet and former colligate wrestling stand out. Not to mention when he(Franchi) fought Cub Swanson the fight was a toss up until he got caught with a guillotine with 10 seconds left in the fight. At the time Cub was a top 20 featherweight in the world. On top of that it was a split decision loss.

The other loss was also a very close decision loss to a guy who is 11-4.

At 145 you can also put Bruce Connors who Im a big fan of. He is on a bit of a bad run right now. Bogdan Christea who is a beats greco wrestler with big time international experience. Jason Carapelluci, but if I watch Jason dry hump one more guy for 15 min Im going to quesion my sexuality.

You know what I would like to see Baboon and Micha Miller fight/scratch McCook VS Baboon.....is Miller eligable?

Take a look at the photos of Franchi after the McCook fight. The fight was in Franchi's backyard in New York. McCook lit him up in the third. Franchi said afterwards that nobody in the WEC ever gave him a beating like that. Franchi won the first round. The second was a tossup. McCook won the third. Many people thought McCook won that fight.
5/25/11 11:45 AM
shah5297

http://uscombatsports.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=191&id=8899&Itemid=27

5/25/11 6:13 PM
shah5297

ya tell Jamie to put me on that card with someone who will meet me at 140. The plane ride to the island is a killer and you lose a day of training. but Im down to fight anyone in the world that will make 140. If the fight was local Id do 135.
Thanks again for the congrats.
5/26/11 3:43 AM
ELuke

wopgenius - 135

1. Frank Sharipov
2. Caleb Archer
3. Ralph Acosta
4. Pablo Alfonso
5. Tulio Quintanilla

I've beaten 2 out of this top 5 and the only one there to beat me is Sharipov
5/26/11 1:07 PM
Phil Cardella
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have cut to 145 for ADCC trials before but I don't like it... I just moved to St. Augustine..
5/27/11 7:52 PM
FRANKI2154
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@shah5297, jason carapellucci said he would like to crush your skull and then dry hump it. just relaying the message because he doesn't come on here.-luigi
5/27/11 7:53 PM
FRANKI2154
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't shoot the messenger
5/27/11 9:27 PM
shah5297

@Luigi. LMFAO! Let Jason know I really didnt mean that as a personal attack on him, I just don't enjoy watching that type of fight. As for him crushing me, he went to a decision with Ron Jacobs. I taught Ron when he first started training MMA at the XFC in Tampa. Jason wanted nothing to do with that kid on the feet and could not do much damage on the ground. What makes him think he can crush me?
On top of that I was already supposed to fight Jason a few years back in the XFC and he pulled out of the fight. So he had his chance to crush me. If he wants another chance he will have to drop to 135lbs. I know he can do it, the guys 5 foot nothing! But I think he like looking buff in his extra shmedium shirts to much to change the way he works out so that probably wont happen.
5/27/11 10:17 PM
Twister Trent

ttt for dry-humpin Shah's head...
5/27/11 11:07 PM
Tom Lawlor
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

things are heating up on this thread!
5/28/11 3:02 AM
shah5297

@trent, do you like watching that type of fight? Are you going to tell me the fight with Jacobs or Becks was at all entertaining.
I think Jason beats 90% of guys not in the UFC right now but that doesnt mean I like watching him fight.
Id rather watch a wrestler like Troy Garhart fight personally. That guy bangs on the feet on the ground and is always in barn burners. I saw the fight with him and Baboon......one of the best fights Ive ever seen in person. I think he won that fight. Thats the type of wrestlers I like to watch fight.
5/28/11 10:41 AM
FRANKI2154

TTT
5/28/11 1:00 PM
Twister Trent

No Shah, I most definitely don't like that type of fight. But sometimes it just happens. Look at Capp's fight vs. Mike Morris. One of the most brutal KO's I've seen in a long time.

But on the other hand, I would like to see you and Jason fight, it would be awesome.

So if I see Jason anytime soon, I'll be making up a lot of awful stuff and pretending you said it about him ;)

BTW, I'd embed the Knockout but I'm a mudnamer now. :(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.