UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Top non-UFC or Strikeforce 135ers and 145ers in Fl

5/28/11 1:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GBOwarrior
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally I feel like I'm friends with most of the guys who are in the top ten. We should all be helping each other out to make it to the big show. Instead promoters are trying to have us fight each other which will give one of us a loss which will make our chances harder. We should try and fight top fighters from different states. Seriously unless we are fighting for titles and decent money then we shouldn't fight each other. There are Sooo many other fighters out there nowadays. Phone Post
5/28/11 2:17 PM
ELuke
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with you GBO. Thats the problem with the smaller shows they almost always are entirely made up of guys who are within the same area. Especially down here in south Florida. Every guy in that top ten has fought at least 2 others on that list. It would be nice to be able to get opponents from out of this area that are decent.
5/28/11 2:25 PM
willfightanyoneat175
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Mike Morris is a Pro Muay Thai Fighter 4-0 under Team Trauma who is MMA 4-1 and has FL state record KO of 4 seconds on Adron Morrison. He was TJ Cook's main sparring partner as well. Morris just got caught not taking anything away from Carapalluci. Mike was also offered a 155 lb Title Shot at XFC before going back to Iraq.
5/28/11 11:05 PM
shah5297
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@ Trent WTF!!!!

Sometimes it happens? That fight with Morris was a complete fluke. Traditional MT guys have no head movement and are susceptible to getting hit with big shots when they kick and don’t move thier head off the line in the process. Maybe Jason has heavy hands, who know? One ko doesn’t convince me of anything. Until Jason has four or five kos I wont give him credit for any type of punching power. Anything can happen when you wear 4 oz gloves.

Mike Morris has a quick KO of Adron Morris…..so what that kid (Adron Morris) is very chinny, every time he gets touched on the face he wobbles. Adron has been stopped a few times by ko or tko; one punch ko’s  to boot.

Jason couldn’t  finish Jacobs (3-3)! Super boring fight!!!! What on earth makes you want to see if he can take me down and hug me for 15 min. God know he will never strike with me. He wouldn’t even get aggressive with ground and pound because if he gives me to much space Ill get up to my feet. Every time he tries to take me down he will pay for it and know he has been in a fight for a month after the event. There is now way Im taking that fight, Im not on birth control and at this point in my life I don’t want any kids. Plus us two having a kid together would produce a short/ethnic looking child, I want a child with a tall Nordic women to produce a 1st rd draft pick left handed pitcher. Baseball is my first sport and I plan to raise my children playing in the sun rather than in doors.

You guys let me know when you have a real fight for me with some one who likes to fight and finish fights at 135lbs like Caleb Archer, Marcos Damatta, Pablo Alfonso ect.

I consider a lot of guys in Fl my friends but there are two things I always keep in mind. “This is not show friends it is show business” and if the money is right I would fight my mom. Most of the time in Fl the Money isn’t right so I fight out side the country on a regular. So I make this promise to every promoter in Fl. For 2000/2000 I will fight anyone who has a Fl drivers license.

5/29/11 8:30 PM
Twister Trent
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason may not be the most exciting fighter in the world, but look at #2 p4p, is he any more exciting? Look at it this way, if anyone has a problem with someone outwrestling them and "laying" on them, get some good TDD! Shah, I've seen you fight, your Defense for wrestling is outstanding, don't allow him to out wrestle you and it will be a fireworks fight! I could even see Jason beating some guys in SF or even low-tier UFC guys. Much talent in him.

So listen for it promoters, Marcos DaMatta vs. Shah Bobonis for 2011! I want to see it!
6/1/11 10:57 PM
ELuke
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about me shah? lol
6/2/11 1:48 AM
shah5297
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/02/11 1:49 AM
 E, I think you have fought  more of the top guys than anyone on the list. For a guy that wrestled at the level you have its amazing to me that you have developed such a great game off your back. The X guard to taking the back you pulled off at the UFC tryouts VS Fuergosn was flawless.
Huge wins over Pablo Alfonso and Ralph Acosta. Against Pablo you beat him at his own game which is no easy task. Pablo has a sub win over Damatta in Strike force. Vs Acosta you were in complete control the entire time. On the feet you were winning every exchange. On the floor youre rubber guard stopped any strikes he attempted while landing huge shots yourself off your back. I remember him fighting off a few subs before you finished with the triangle. At the time I wasnt sure if he tapped or they stopped it because he was taking such nasty elbows and had a huge cut.
Im a huge fan!

6/2/11 7:21 PM
VemolasLazyEye
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shah much respect but for 2000/2000 any promoter could make alot of fights happen
6/2/11 11:37 PM
shah5297

@Vemo Well why would I take less when I can fight outside the country or state make a little less and not face the monsters that I would face in FL. Promoters can kiss my ass if they think Im taking 1000/1000 to fight a guy like Ralph Acosta or Frank Sharipov.
Ill take 1000/1000 when I feel very confident that if I train hard there is no way I lose the fight with the opponent. Fights with guys at the level of Frank and Ralph are complete toss up fights for me I feel. Why am I going to risk a loss for $1000/1000? Why am I going to risk getting hurt to the point that I cant go to work on Monday.  Im just not going to do it for $1000/1000. Now the potenial for $4000 will do two things for me. One, if I happen to get a loss and not be able to go to work for a week or two I still end up making a little money, if I got $2000 to show. If I had made $1000 to show that doesn't even cover what I would have made at work for two weeks. If I win $4000 is not a bad pay day especially if you have a few sponsors.
For example Im in negotiations with a promotion right now for a fight July 9th, the opponent is 19-5, two time Oklahoma state wrestling champion, went to Oklahoma State to Wrestle and his last two fights are submission wins in Bellator. I dont mind taking the fight becasue Im going to get paid the right way. Plus I dont think he has much in his game but wrestling.
Its really sad to me that guys on that list would take shit money to fight each other.
6/4/11 2:34 PM
ELuke

Thanks Shah, that means a lot coming from another fighter i really appreciate it. Hopefully I can get another win streak going after dropping my last two fights. I'm looking to put together a nice run against tough competition
6/6/11 9:05 PM
VemolasLazyEye
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no debate there. completely understandable
6/7/11 5:39 PM
shah5297

E Im sure your about to go on a good run, there are not many guys that are fighting in local shows that have a chance at beating you. The ones that do have a chance you have already fought and you have beaten half of them. Good luck to you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.