UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TapouT founders Accused of STEALING Mask's ashes

5/11/11 10:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lawsuit -- You JACKED My Brother's Remains!!

The heads of the MMA clothing company TapouT have been accused of STEALING the cremated remains of their fallen co-founder ... and illegally giving away vials of his ashes at his memorial ... TMZ has learned.

0511_tapout_EX_Getty

The man at the center of the controversy is Charles "Mask" Lewis -- who was killed by a drunk driver back in 2009. Mask was cremated at the request of his sister Carla ... who had executive power over Mask's remains.

After Mask's death, Carla claims she was approached by the co-founders of TapouT -- men calling themselves Skyscrape and Punkass -- who wanted to "borrow" Mask's ashes and urn for a public memorial service.

In a lawsuit filed in San Bernardino County, CA -- Carla says she agreed, but demanded the two men return Mask's remains immediately following the service.

Here's where things get CRAZY -- Carla says when she arrived to the memorial service, she noticed "various booths and tables" set up around the cathedral ... one of which contained, "a large shoebox-size box containing several miniature vials that were on display."

Carla says the vendor informed her, "each of the vials contained a small amount of the cremated remains of Mask, and were reserved for, and to be given to, 'special people' whose names were on a printed list."

Calra believes somewhere between 50 to 100 vials were either "sold, given away, donated or otherwise distributed to several unknown persons."

Not only is Carla PISSED about the vials ... she claims TapouT still has possession of the urn and the remainder of Mask's ashes ... and the company refuses to return them. 

Carla is suing for unspecified damages -- citing "overwhelming and severe emotional distress."
5/11/11 10:18 AM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a crazy world we live in isn't it
5/11/11 10:18 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is fked up
5/11/11 10:25 AM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a mess
5/11/11 10:27 AM
disbeliever
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucked up if true
5/11/11 10:29 AM
frontrowbrian

Edited: 05/11/11 10:43 AM
 what a clusterfuck tapout has become. Just goes to show you Tapout was MASK. The other 2 clowns were just there for the ride. Tapout died the second Mask died

5/11/11 10:30 AM
Kirik
1751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 I was at the service, and don't really remember a table with 50-100 vials of ashes in them? If anyone else who was there remembers anything else, post it here for sure. A table covered in vials of human remains is definitely something you would notice, too.
5/11/11 10:32 AM
Camel Killer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit! Talk about low class shit. These guys take the cake. Phone Post
5/11/11 10:36 AM
southpaw86
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As Kirik said I think someone would notice a shoebox full of vials on display. Seems like someone would have spread this story a while ago if true, as crazy as it is. Phone Post
5/11/11 10:36 AM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik how is here comes the boom going? I'm down the street in e-town and thought it was a hockey movie. I kick myself. I wants ins!! Phone Post
5/11/11 10:42 AM
Neil Funk

frontrowbrian is the Perez Hilton of mma.tv
5/11/11 10:50 AM
frontrowbrian

Neil Funk - frontrowbrian is the Info Wars.com of mma.tv

Thanks bro
5/11/11 10:55 AM
TheRealMrBeefy

That is crazy.... If true, why would they do that? I wonder how many people got little viles of mask hangin 'round their neck right now. This is like some Jerry Garcia in a pouch kinda shit! LOL Phone Post
5/11/11 10:57 AM
shadowsfall

Curious if anyone other than Kirik did or didn't see the vials.
5/11/11 11:06 AM
Fake Rassler

Edited: 05/11/11 11:11 AM
Kirik - A table covered in vials of human remains is definitely something you would notice, too.

50-100 1ml vials could easily fit in an A5 sized box. I can hold about 50 in my hand at once. Not saying that the alleged promotion on MASK ash memorial necklaces happened as described/at all but you could EASILY walk past without noticing and your phrasing seems slightly disingenuous if I'm fully honest
5/11/11 11:14 AM
Brian Ogle

Edited: 05/11/11 11:14 AM
Before the lynch mob gets stirred up let's remember that it was TMZ that ran with the Kimo's death story, correct?
5/11/11 11:15 AM
Fake Rassler

Brian Ogle - Before the lynch mob gets stirred up let's remember that it was TMZ that ran with the Kimo's death story, correct?

LOL you think OMA filed a lawsuit pretending to be MASK's sister?
5/11/11 11:18 AM
OmegaPoon
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yikes if true.
5/11/11 11:23 AM
crazydave
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frontrowbrian - 
Neil Funk - frontrowbrian is the Info Wars.com of mma.tv

Thanks bro

with the scoop LIKE A BOSS!
SKYSKRAPE
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You all who talk shit should know the whole story first!!! She is a nut case that charles couldn't stand(his words not mine)! And I was the closest person to him the past 13 years! She is reaching for SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKYSKRAPE -  You all who talk shit should know the whole story first!!! She is a nut case that charles couldn't stand(his words not mine)! And I was the closest person to him the past 13 years! She is reaching for SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post

always 2 sides to the story.  hope the truth comes out
5/11/11 11:24 AM
Brian Ogle

Fake Rassler - 
Brian Ogle - Before the lynch mob gets stirred up let's remember that it was TMZ that ran with the Kimo's death story, correct?

LOL you think OMA filed a lawsuit pretending to be MASK's sister?

Well, if he did pull the wool over TMZ's eyes again that would be funny, and on the other hand its not funny considering the nature of the situation.
5/11/11 11:25 AM
RavenFighter

SKYSKRAPE -  You all who talk shit should know the whole story first!!! She is a nut case that charles couldn't stand(his words not mine)! And I was the closest person to him the past 13 years! She is reaching for SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post
You maybe should hold off on attacking her and maybe focus on getting your side out.  She's obviously in a touchy emotional state and you quoting her own brother's disparaging remarks about her don't help much of anything, imo.

5/11/11 11:25 AM
Jump Kick
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read again it says that only "several" were on display that there were multipe tables, it was most likely a discreet thing:

Carla says when she arrived to the memorial service, she noticed "various booths and tables" set up around the cathedral ... one of which contained, "a large shoebox-size box containing several miniature vials that were on display."

-jk
5/11/11 11:26 AM
Fake Rassler

Edited: 05/11/11 11:26 AM
Skrape in the house! The reality is that your surviving family members get your stuff including your remains unless you make it clear legally that you don't want them to. UG members remember to get your affairs in order even if your immortal like I am (will be).

Skrape what is the "whole story"? Did you guys give away his ashes or is that not true?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.