UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johnson: I'll kick Askren in his bushy-headed face

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/11/11 10:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Four time NCAA All-American, 2008 Olympian and current Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren recently had harsh words for fighters like Thiago Alves and Anthony Johnson who fail to make weight recently, saying they are  "just cowards. They should bump up a weight class. What are you scared of fighting guys bigger than you? If you really, truly can't make, say 170, you're gonna be fairly good sized for 185. I mean I walk around anywhere between 183 and 187. And 170, I can make it and it's not that difficult ... So yeah, those guys are idiots. I think it's immature and cowardly."

Anthony Johnson took pointed issue with the comments, via video.

"I'll kick Ben in his mouth quick before he ever try and say something like that in my face. I ain't got nothing against the dude. I don't even know him. I just know he's some bushy-headed kid. ... I got respect for the guy because we got that history with wrestling ... but as far as his MMA career, I don't know anything about it. I don't know who all he's fought. I think, will he be good? Yeah, I think he'll be good. Most wrestlers are successful at MMA. More power to him; if that's what he needs to say to get some attention then let him do it. I don't know, who he fight for? Bellator, you said? Okay. That's why."

5/11/11 10:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NJstileNJ
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren really needs to shut up... soon enough he'll be humbled
5/11/11 10:25 AM
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnson couldn't handle Koscheck's wrestling and Askren is a superior wrestler to Kos and younger.

Johnson would get owned
5/11/11 10:29 AM
suess
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Doubt it
5/11/11 10:29 AM
Camel Killer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren wins this fight. Askren would rag doll Jones and I'm a Jones fan. Phone Post
5/11/11 10:31 AM
frontrowbrian

Edited: 05/11/11 10:31 AM
 Johnson should stick to beating up women and Brits who can't wrestle their way out of a wet paperbag.

Not Gangsters like Ben Askren

5/11/11 10:32 AM
Mr Sponge
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:) Phone Post
5/11/11 10:34 AM
FreakDaddy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, I got thirsty for some milk watching that.
5/11/11 10:38 AM
suess
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Camel Killer -  Askren wins this fight. Askren would rag doll Jones and I'm a Jones fan. Phone Post

Johnson?
5/11/11 10:42 AM
disbeliever
856 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Camel Killer - Askren wins this fight. Askren would rag doll Jones and I'm a Jones fan. Phone Post

Who is talking about Jones?
5/11/11 10:43 AM
ShadoKhan
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Askren The only thing the guy can do to get attention is calling out fighters that have success over him. Guy criticizes GSP, Alves and Johnson but can't get noticed for his fighting skill? LOL, well one day he may end up getting his chance and he could be like McGee.... All talk, no substance. Phone Post
5/11/11 10:45 AM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/11/11 10:45 AM
Camel Killer -  Askren wins this fight. Askren would rag doll Jones and I'm a Jones fan. Phone Post

If by rag doll, you mean take Jones down and lay his way to a decision win...yeah, Askren will rag doll him.

If Johnson can keep it standing, Ben is in for a rough night.

5/11/11 11:30 AM
nrallen

askren might not register on johnson's radar but if they were to meet in the cage askren would make him look like the wrestling equivalent of a white belt.

askren is all action and constantly putting opponent's under pressure and transitioning through positions. he's not a boring point fighter that avoids conflict like many welterweights.

what he says about big guys missing weight is true and explains why they go to such lengths to fight smaller opponents.
5/11/11 11:31 AM
Tim Sylvia poop shorts

lol @ the reporter's face after he brings up the woman beater comment
5/11/11 11:49 AM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man Askren is worse than an attention whore chick calling out guys from other promotions that he can't fight just to get noticed. Desperate and sad. AJ - "who he fight for? Bellator, you said? Okay. That's why." lol. Classic response. Phone Post
5/11/11 11:53 AM
K-Dub-"T"

disbeliever - 
Camel Killer - Askren wins this fight. Askren would rag doll Jones and I'm a Jones fan. Phone Post

Who is talking about Jones?

He meant Jackson.

5/11/11 11:54 AM
CaptainWoody
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later
5/11/11 12:00 PM
Sobnosky Promotion

Ok, so Johnson has had an issue with making weight from time to time, that part I agree with. There is nothing more I hate than fighters missing an agreed weight with 8-12 weeks notice. If you cant make the weight, then dont take the fight, or move up. Now with that, I cand stand Askren myself. He is the epitome of a boaring wrestler. Every fight he has had with a tough (semie legit) opponent, he GSP's them to death. There is nothing wrong with having a winning game plan and if out wrestling your opponent is that, great. But for the love of LBJ, do more than smother the guy, try to finish. His stricking is rudinmentary at best. I think someone like Johnson who may not have the pedigree Askren does in wrestling, is strong enough to avoid most T/D and smash "Rockey" (80's flick) face in... Kos, Fitch, Ellenberger or any top tier WM with decent striking would hurt poor butta face!
5/11/11 12:07 PM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sobnosky - I believe AJ missed weight once because he was sick before the fight and once because he took the fight on like 2 weeks notice. When he is healthy and has a full camp, he makes the cut as witnessed in his last fight. Phone Post
5/11/11 12:47 PM
gaycuckold

Watching Askren lay on Anthony Johnson for 15 minutes would absolutely delight me.
5/11/11 12:50 PM
frontrowbrian

Edited: 05/11/11 12:50 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Funny but if a fighter ever said they wanted to kick a black fighter in his "bushy" face or dared use the term "nappy head" it would be all over. Yet a black fighter can disparage a white fighter in this manner with no problems. Personally, I think both can be fine and we are all too touchy BUT it's annoying when it's only allowed from one side in terms of the media. Phone Post
not only is Johnson racially insensitive, he's been convicted for domestic violence against a woman. He admitted throwing her down the stairs. Not a good guy

5/11/11 1:02 PM
Camel Killer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meant Johnson.
5/11/11 1:03 PM
frontrowbrian

UhUmWellUm - Askren's head is swelling & is really getting carried away....he's on a nice streak with Hornbuckle, Good, & Thompson....and the only one of those that even fought in the UFC (Thompson)....he wouldn't even be a Top 10 MW in the UFC...IMHO.

he's a WW
5/11/11 1:03 PM
HYBRID JON
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She should lose the shirt next time she interviews somone.
5/11/11 1:08 PM
Magic8

Anyone accusing Askren of being a lay n' pray fighter has either never seen him fight, or is just an idiot.  Probably both.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.