UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Simpson: Mayhem is perfect opponent

5/12/11 1:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After reading that Jason Miller would be making the move to the UFC, 36-year-old Aaron Simpson told a teammate that he would like to fight “Mayhem.” A couple of hours later, Simpson’s manager called.

“Hey,” the manager said, “this is what we’re offered: ‘Mayhem’ Miller.”

Simpson, who has been ranked as the No. 2 freestyle wrestler at his weight in the U.S., agreed, and the matchup is set for July 2 at UFC 132 in Las Vegas.

“He’s someone who obviously has a lot of fights and has fought a lot of big names. It’s perfect for me,” Simpson said during a recent “Savage Dog Show” interview on the Sherdog Radio Network. “It’s the perfect time for me to fight a big name on an unbelievable card.”

“I felt so great about my last fight. Just my training and everything was right on, and my game plan was right on. I feel like I’m still in the upper echelon of fighters at middleweight and I can beat all of them.”

“I already know the game plan. I already know what I’m going to do and how it’s going to be done, how I’m getting my hand raised.”

“He’ll take your back and he’ll choke you out, You can’t give him an inch there. He’ll catch you in side chokes, whatever. At the same time, his standup’s not too bad either. He’s got some pretty good kicks. He comes at you. It’s not like he’s just out tiptoeing around. He’s a well-rounded mixed martial artist if there ever was one.”

“We’ll scrap the entire 15 minutes. Fans are going to have to be excited about that. Anytime ‘Mayhem’ Miller fights, people get excited. I feel the same way about me. That’s the type of fighter I am. Fans know that I throw my hands and I don’t just try to lay there on somebody. It’s going to be a good one.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview... (2:02:52 mark)

5/12/11 1:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MayheM's gunna

Aaron Simpson
5/12/11 1:57 PM
Chomas
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet the odds are close on this fight, maybe Mayhem will be a slight favorite.  Simpson is a beast, you can't even count his fight with Leben as he was sick as hell at the time.

5/12/11 2:04 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron seems like a good dude. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.