UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Falaniko wants to beat Lombard, get back in UFC

5/13/11 8:55 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Hector Lombard and Falaniko Vitale were scheduled to fight a couple years back, according to Vitale, and he got a good sense of what he'd be going up against. The Bellator middleweight champion is still a brawler and likes to put his opponents out quickly and violently. No problem, Vitale told MMAjunkie.com Radio .

"We all have holes," he said. "Hector has a few holes, and I won't tell you guys. But I don't think he's ever fought anybody like me."

"I've been sparring with a lot of boxers similar to Hector's style, My last opponent (Kala Hose) was a striker, and he was similar to Hector. He's kind of a wild brawler, and he likes to knock out guys, so those are the kind of guys I've done well with."

"I've been around this game for a long time, so I've fought a lot of tough guys, Hector's a tough guy as well. But I just don't think he's fought anybody like me." .

"When I beat him, I really want to get back in the UFC circuit, or even Bellator."

Read entire article...

Hector Lombard and Falaniko Vitale  headline Bellator 44, which airs live on MTV2 from Caesars Atlantic City, NJ. Vitale has already reserved a spot in Bellator's next middleweight tournament.

5/13/11 9:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
xcouturefan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitale by submission
5/13/11 10:00 AM
flawlessvictory
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/13/11 10:00 AM
if he beats lombard no way bellator is letting him go... especially if you know anything about the bellator contracts
5/13/11 10:37 AM
Old Boxer

Lombard quickly and easily Phone Post
5/13/11 12:17 PM
Charlie Waffles
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the deal with Bellator contracts?
5/13/11 12:40 PM
PatrickFreitas
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At his peak niko was one of the best pure athletes in the entire sport. I hope a win over Lombard gets him one last chance to earn the recognition he deserves.
5/13/11 4:45 PM
Peckerwood

I'm sure this a one fight deal for Vitale. Obviously he is using this as a launching pad into the UFC. Vitale is a great athlete but he hasn't evolved over the years. I kind of question his dedication to mma.

He's dangerous for anyone but Lombard should beat him.
5/13/11 5:19 PM
TheAlchemist
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Niko!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.