UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> anyone have experience with spinal decompression?

5/13/11 4:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FatBuddha
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a bulging disk in c8 (36 year old, male) - my right arm is experiencing pain and some numbness and a lot of muscle weakness - before the surgical option (with the doctor I saw was pushing - fusion or disc replacement), I wanted to try spinal decompression - anyone have experience with this or any other non-surgical therapies? thanks!
5/17/11 6:43 PM
mikehotel
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had lumbar spinal decompression on a VAX D machine, it relived the pain for almost a year. I go once a week, it helps my back stay healthy(ish). If you search online it works about 60% of the time. Answer is...it depends on lots of factors, age, scar tissue, severity, healing time, ect....It's not a magic bullet, but it does help. Much better than the alternatives, surgery & drugs
6/27/11 5:52 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 3 levels of cervical herniations (c5/c6 being the worst) and a L5/S1 buldge. There's almost no relief for my low back, but I own a Saunders home traction unit that works wonders for my neck.

My numbness comes and goes but I can usually get it under control using the traction machine, icing, etc. My neck pain has been horrible and manageable. Every day is different, but I've felt the severe weakness a couple times. Another thing, don't let anyone fool you about opioids. They seem to literally trick your body in to releasing some of the muscle guarding causing a lot of your problems - Even more so than NSAID's.

From what I've heard, once the arm pain goes away it rarely comes back.
6/30/11 2:19 AM
bushido2l
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use an inversion table for spinal decompression. Now I jump out of bed to start the day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.