UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Attn: wilmington area

5/15/11 8:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rick Screeton
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there many (any) good MMA gyms in the area? I am considering putting one there. Something like my current gym (www.c3athletics.com)
6/6/11 1:49 PM
brightmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hear evolution has a good gym down there.
6/7/11 2:41 PM
Rick Screeton
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear the same.  We are working on the lease now.. will have more info in the next week. We are going to put good Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai and MMA under one roof at very affordable prices.
6/10/11 2:08 AM
stlnl2
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you decide to put it in Wilmington? Seems a small market for two honest to goodness first rate Gyms that both have good BJJ/MT/MMA under one roof, but I could be wrong.
6/11/11 8:00 AM
Rick Screeton

Many reasons, I miss San Diego, and wrightsville beach reminds me of home. There is plenty of room for multiple first rate gyms! Lease is done.. the rest of the details coming soon.......
6/11/11 4:34 PM
stlnl2
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Screeton -  Many reasons, I miss San Diego, and wrightsville beach reminds me of home. There is plenty of room for multiple first rate gyms! Lease is done.. the rest of the details coming soon.......

I guess there must have been a population explosion in that area I missed (along with a massive interest in grappling and BJJ).
6/12/11 10:36 AM
combatclub

i've trained at evolution. and they are awesome
6/13/11 6:43 PM
Rick Screeton

stlnl2 - 
Rick Screeton -  Many reasons, I miss San Diego, and wrightsville beach reminds me of home. There is plenty of room for multiple first rate gyms! Lease is done.. the rest of the details coming soon.......

I guess there must have been a population explosion in that area I missed (along with a massive interest in grappling and BJJ).
Thanks for the constructive input....

6/14/11 2:17 AM
stlnl2

Rick Screeton - 
stlnl2 - 

Thanks for the constructive input....

I was actually expecting you go give me a population break down of the area, I only visit Wilmington and Wrightsville as a tourist. So I left the door open for you to fill me in.........
7/5/11 3:03 PM
Rick Screeton

Building now.. pics and details soon
7/6/11 10:31 AM
OZ1

where?
7/6/11 1:32 PM
Rick Screeton

wilmington, near airport
7/6/11 1:38 PM
OZ1

cool, good luck!
7/9/11 8:45 PM
Rick Screeton

7/9/11 8:45 PM
Rick Screeton

mats are down... waiting on ring

7/9/11 8:48 PM
Rick Screeton

7/9/11 8:50 PM
Rick Screeton

Reception area 
7/31/11 9:53 PM
stlnl2

update? Size of training space? And roundabouts on fees? I like the look of it, and wasnt trying to shit on your dream, I just have no idea if the Wilmington area can support a couple "mega" combat sports gyms.
8/1/11 3:19 PM
Rick Screeton

1800 sq feet of mats, 20 ft ring and it can be LESS than 100 per month unlimited BJJ, Muay Thai and MMA if sign up before grand opening event. BTW, this is not a "mega" gym.. there arent any of those here.
8/1/11 3:20 PM
Rick Screeton

8/1/11 4:17 PM
stlnl2

Mega was relative, relative to Cali, no its not mega, relative to NC, its mega.
8/1/11 4:19 PM
stlnl2

I like the look of it though, what are the Thai pads hooked onto?
8/1/11 4:20 PM
stlnl2

Also, I see it alot, the puzzle mats over concrete, but I have also seen the painted concrete floor (I like the painted concrete better to train on). Any pros and cons to each one? Why is one preferred over the other? Esp long term? Conrete seems easier to maintain, and I always liked the feel of it, but its not too pretty.
9/6/11 5:25 PM
Rick Screeton

website is up www.nc3athletics.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.