UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If the fight happens, I favor Big Nog over Schaub

5/16/11 1:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poopyface TomatoNose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For what it's worth, I think Couture is a little better overall than Schaub. I just don't think Schaub will put away Nog like Mir or Velasquez did. I say Nog submits him handily or decisions Mr. Schaub. The 1 streak legend beating ends at Nog.
5/16/11 1:15 AM
wreckker
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nahh

I like Big nog huge respect but he has gotten slow

schaub is a excellent athelte who made huge improvements.

Schaub by KO

I would like to NOG win!

But I would have to bet be on schaub
5/16/11 1:16 AM
nhbguy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I hope you're right. I do fear that Nog's a little too beat up these days, but I sincerely hope he's got a few big fights left in him.
5/16/11 2:09 AM
Deaf Forever

Edited: 05/16/11 2:09 AM
If Nog had his chin I would 100 percent predict him to tap Schaub but Brendan has too much power, a good jab and solid movement and TDD. Nog will struggle to hit him never get him down and get blasted to a depressing TKO loss. Sucks because Nog would make an example out of him just four years ago.

He's extremely slow these days.
5/16/11 2:11 AM
SandraBullockFan
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sn bet? let's do this shit
5/16/11 2:39 AM
molsonmuscle360
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Nog to win but my common sense says Schaub takes it. I don't understand why they keep giving Schaub guys past their prime. I'd much rather see Nog fight Cro Cop.
5/16/11 2:43 AM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't count Nog out. As garbage as he looked against Mir and Cain, he was injured for those fights. He looked great against Couture in between those fights. If he can get healthy again, he has a good chance of winning.
5/16/11 2:52 AM
AnthonyBrancato
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brendan Schaub is new and now.

Big Nog, as Frank Nitti used to say (at least he said it on The Untouchables anyway) is yesterday's breakfast.

Make mine The Hybrid FTW if it happens.
5/16/11 2:54 AM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you been dropped on your noggen?
5/16/11 2:56 AM
Brycer

Nog wins easily. Phone Post
5/16/11 3:23 AM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nog wins this fight Phone Post
5/16/11 3:27 AM
Clegg

Nog better win or I'm having my watching shoes... Phone Post
5/16/11 3:28 AM
Clegg

^^^ hanging Phone Post
5/16/11 3:55 AM
Arecsa
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BIG NOG!

I dont like Schaub so much. So much cock, cock guy.
5/16/11 3:57 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pulling for Nog but he could be too slow on the feet against Schaub. Especially now when he's coming off a major surgery and rehab
5/16/11 3:57 AM
Wrinkle
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Nog can pull out the win. He's got better boxing altho less power and obviously better on the ground.
5/16/11 5:01 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Big Nog, such a warrior. Will be rooting hard for him here, it would be amazing to see him win.

That said. I foresee Big Nog getting KTFO'd in this fight. I'd actually be pretty astonished if he pulled this off. It would be a "shock the world" type win. He'll be a big underdog and almost nobody (media and other fighters) is going to be picking him in their predictions.
5/16/11 11:44 AM
donfro
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would rather see Cro Cop vs Big Nog. Maybe because I haven't really taken to Schaub and seeing him get given over the hill legends, who would have beaten schaub in their day, is painful to watch.
5/16/11 12:07 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schaub is really starting to put it together and Nog is slowing down after years of damage. Schaub could get cocky and not respect Nog's standing and get caught but if I were betting I'd go with Schaub.

I would rather see a legends match as well. It seems like a fitting send off for Crocop
5/16/11 12:12 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 Schaub, TKO.
5/16/11 11:13 PM
MMAMAZ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is such a dumb matchup. Cro Cop vs Nog makes more sense is actually fair for Nog...
The guy had Hip Surgery and hasn't fought in a while....
5/16/11 11:26 PM
JeremyLambert88
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not willing to say that Nog is washed up or his chin is shot just because he lost to Cain Velasquez but he hasn't fought since February 2010 and is coming off major surgery. So no matter what, I don't expect him to fight 100% up to his potential against Schaub.
5/17/11 12:00 AM
RJJH
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wreckker -  Nahh

I like Big nog huge respect but he has gotten slow

schaub is a excellent athelte who made huge improvements.

Schaub by KO

I would like to NOG win!

But I would have to bet be on schaub<br type="_moz" />

5/17/11 12:42 AM
onepunchJD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont want to see Nog lose this fight.

His chin just isnt there anymore.

Being almost impossible to finish was one of Big Nog's greatest strengths as a fighter. His toughness and ability to weather a storm was the perfect compliment to his style of fighting. He has good boxing, even though hes not a KO puncher. And we all know how great he is on the gound.

Minotauro's style, and physical toughness, were set up to win wars.

Prime Fedor had his number, but even he couldnt finish him.

In a more pure form of Vale Tudo or NHB.. Big Nog in his prime, would be favored over most of todays "new breed" of HW's, IMO.

But in 3x5 min rounds, against a younger evolved HW, and without the chin he used to have... Nog is going to be the underdog, as sad as it may be.

That said.. I will be rooting for Minotauro with every fiber of my being as a fight fan.
5/17/11 2:48 AM
MikeHunt36
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Nog but he is going to get fucked up. He's been hit in the head to many times. He moves and looks like he's Randys age. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.