UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Network diagram software?

5/16/11 11:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mitch Baker
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use Dia mostly. i also have visio 2010, which sucks.

ideas?
5/17/11 2:16 PM
Anarkis
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.whatsupgold.com/products/whatsup-gold-plugins/whatsconnected/index.aspx
5/18/11 1:52 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does visio suck? Its the gold standard.

Omnigraffle for mac
5/19/11 2:48 PM
wiu81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_slacker - Why does visio suck? Its the gold standard.

Omnigraffle for mac

I was thinking the same thing...
5/19/11 6:25 PM
Mitch Baker
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_slacker - Why does visio suck? Its the gold standard.

Omnigraffle for mac

I've been looking for an MPOE "shape" for visio for weeks. I have been all over all sorts of information boards reading about visio 2010 and doing research on how to make the best "carrier network" diagrams. I've just been hitting my head against the wall with it.

I've been using Dia. It's no where near as pretty but a lot friendlier to work with.

I'm completely aware of the fact that I may be the problem in the Visio relationship but based on what I've been reading I am not the only one who feels this way.
7/20/11 11:26 PM
jave
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going with Visio as well, haven't used anything else when I have created them, but I'm sure there's others out there.
7/21/11 9:54 PM
lushdogg
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.gliffy.com/examples/
7/22/11 8:37 AM
Road Warrior Fin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do it in Visio - anything else is trying to take the lazy way out.  The time and effort it takes to try to use something else besides Visio will be wasted.

I know this from years of experience of refusing to believe there is something that would make my life easier every single time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.