UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Pick up your cross lived out

5/16/11 4:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/16/11 4:35 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/16/Zwerg.freedom.rides/index.html?hpt=C1

Please read about this Christian hero

It's sad to me he left the ministry because politics

Rev
5/16/11 6:40 PM
Grakman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for sharing rev.
5/16/11 6:46 PM
CJJScout
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think more folks leave the ministry over politics than probably anything else, we just don't always know the back story.

Great article, rev. I often wonder what I would do if put to the test. This dude did it. Awesome story.
5/17/11 3:01 AM
Workman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an incredible story about courage! You just don't see too many examples these days, where folks are willing to literally die for a cause, which they believe to be greater than themselves.

As far as a somewhat recent event, I'd say that Matthew Diaz comes closest, in that this ex- Lt, Commander decided to arbitrarily expose the military's gross human rights violations at Guantanamo Bay.

It was as though he knew he'd lose everything and end up in the poor house, but he did it anyway, as he felt a moral responsibility to do it.

Matthew Diaz displayed the actions of a hero and was swiftly dismissed and sent to prison for 6 months, for holding up the rule of law, and placing human rights first.

I realize this is a slight deviation, but hopefully you'll find it interesting, in that this man gave up everything to standup for what is morally right.

5/17/11 11:45 AM
reverend john
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As we are all called to do thanks for sharing

Rev
5/17/11 3:41 PM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, thanks Rev.

I saw a little of the PBS documentary the article talked about the other day. Some amazing stories.

5/18/11 5:11 PM
zealot66
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/18/11 5:52 PM

5/18/11 5:47 PM
reverend john

I would appreciate it if you started a new thread with that as I do not want to start a war on this thread and I do disagree strongly with some of your suggestions. This thread had nothing to do with social issues of poverty today but the sacrifice of many people who followed "the way" even if it cost them their lives

Rev

Ps this is a good topic and I am happy to talk to u about it just not here please
5/18/11 5:50 PM
zealot66
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry man, I will delete it.
5/18/11 6:05 PM
reverend john

Thanks brother

Rev

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.