UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Heavy Bag Spring

5/16/11 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SQ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought a bag and hung it in the basement, the problem is that it shakes the house to much. Any idea where I can find a spring for a 200 pound bag? I've seen some for 150 but nothing heavier then that. My buddy said he used two springs, not sure how that would work out and I know his bag is lighter. Does a spring make a huge difference? Thanks.
5/17/11 7:51 AM
Skpotamus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know the 150lb spring from combat sports works great on the bags around that weight. Reduces the shaking to the point where my wife doesn't feel me working out directly below the living room while she's on the couch.

I imagine the two springs would work along the same lines
5/22/11 2:40 PM
SQ

Thanks for the response, I went to Combats website to look at purchasing. I believe they are only $15.00 but it said to ship to Canada was like $60.00 for shipping. Maybe I read it wrong but I'll have to keep looking I guess.
5/22/11 5:32 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/11 9:42 PM
 I like the spring for the dampening effect on the hanger, but I dislike it because it causes the bag to "jump" with hard strikes where it would normally sway. This isn't a terrible thing, just a little annoying sometimes. 
5/22/11 10:04 PM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can get the same spring at most farm supply stores.
5/22/11 10:52 PM
Normal MT

I would also suggest that you "shore-up" the beams around the Bag mount. You dont want the beams moving up-down or north-south & east-west. just nail in 2X4's on both sides and that should reduce some of the vibrations as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.