UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> They're doing a great job guarding Dirk!!!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/17/11 11:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL!!!!  He's only 10 of 12 from the field and 20 for 20 at the line!! 
5/17/11 11:49 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

werd...he "playing" them guys man!!
5/17/11 11:51 PM
supersaiyan

anytime u see Terry put up those "wings" u know its OVA !!
5/18/11 12:07 AM
PoundforPound
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20 free throws for Dirk, how many free throws has OKC as a team shot?
5/18/11 12:10 AM
supersaiyan

Edited: 05/18/11 12:10 AM
noone interested in the Over Killed Crew homey :)
5/18/11 12:15 AM
Floppy Divac
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - 20 free throws for Dirk, how many free throws has OKC as a team shot?

More than the Mavs shot as a team!!
5/18/11 12:42 PM
kanotoa
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk might crack the top 10 all time PF list if he keeps playing this way.
5/18/11 2:13 PM
supersaiyan

Floppy Divac - 
PoundforPound - 20 free throws for Dirk, how many free throws has OKC as a team shot?

More than the Mavs shot as a team!!

that is the dilemma when guarding Dirk..either way if u foul him or dont foul him...

YA ASS IS STILL SCREWED LOL!!
5/18/11 4:08 PM
inlikeflynn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got to give props to Dirk. He is really elevating his game. I like that he didn't take a single 3 pointer and was very active on the block.
5/18/11 4:54 PM
WrestlingSucks
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk has always been this good. He's just now getting noticed.

Want to read an interesting stat? Points per miss is a stat used by teams to gauge efficiency on the offensive end.

Over Dirks career, he is number 2 all-time. Kareem Abdul-Jabar is the only more offensively efficient player ever in the nba. Larry Bird is number 3.

Where is your god now, Kobe fans?
5/18/11 7:43 PM
inlikeflynn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WrestlingSucks - Dirk has always been this good. He's just now getting noticed.

Want to read an interesting stat? Points per miss is a stat used by teams to gauge efficiency on the offensive end.

Over Dirks career, he is number 2 all-time. Kareem Abdul-Jabar is the only more offensively efficient player ever in the nba. Larry Bird is number 3.

Where is your god now, Kobe fans?

Not being a Dallas fan, I'll admit I haven't seen him a ton, but I always thought he played too far from the basket a little too much.
5/18/11 9:01 PM
Floppy Divac

Edited: 05/18/11 9:28 PM
 lol, Dirk has NOT always been this lights out with his offense.  Which means he wasn't always this good.  You might not have been watching your team 9 or 10 years ago, but I sure was. :)   Shoot, I can remember him getting T'd up because he couldn't deal with Vlade's physicality.  lol, that's real.  If Dirk was always this good the Mavs would probably have a couple titles already with all the talent they've had over the years.  Although this leads to discussion about those couple of teams out there that were just that damn good who pissed in everyone's cheerios. 
5/18/11 9:30 PM
supersaiyan

well folks listen to this guy ^^^ its "Floppy Divac" for a reason lol
5/18/11 9:31 PM
supersaiyan

isnt this the first time they beat La in the playoffs?
5/18/11 9:47 PM
WrestlingSucks
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk has always been this good. Sure, in the playoffs he's playing at an even higher level than we've ever seen. But, Dirks numbers this year are consistent with his numbers every year. He gets a little better every year.

What is making Dirk appear totally unstoppable is the bench and role players, imo.

OKC was scared to double Dirk because he is a great passer and torched LA with his passing to open shooters. Early on in Dirk's career, he got frustrated and forced his shot while doubled. Thats really his biggest improvement. He's ALWAYS hit the type of shots he hits now.

Another thing that makes it easier on Dirk is not playing from behind when he comes back into the game. Their bench is usually extending or keeping their lead with Barea and Terry lighting the other teams up this year.

Its alot easier to shoot well when you're not trying to come from behind.

I've been watching Dirk since Dallas passed on Paul Pierce to get him. The people in Dallas were not too pleased with that decision in the draft until Dirk started making it rain on everybody.
5/19/11 11:51 AM
Floppy Divac

"Sure, in the playoffs he's playing at an even higher level than we've ever seen. But, Dirks numbers this year are consistent with his numbers every year." 

Yeah, without realizing it at the moment I think I was judging him on all the past playoff performances from long ago.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.