UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Thinking about going back to school for nursing

5/18/11 5:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any male nurses on here? What is it like? How is the atmosphere when working in a field dominated by women?
5/23/11 1:43 PM
madefromscratch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im a medic and have worked in a couple diff hospitals in the emergency room, seems that all the male nurses got more of a "manager" type role, they also led trauma teams over female nurses that had been nurses longer, and they do actually tend to make more money just because hospitals like having male nurses for security and doing procedures and stuff with male patients making them more comfortable, just my 2 cents
6/10/11 10:27 AM
NOT LETTUCE

nursing seems to be a good gig for guys these days.
8/1/11 12:41 AM
yinston

ever seen 40yr old virgin? "putting the pussy on a pedastool" Cept other way around.
8/30/11 12:51 PM
TapoutRookie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a nurse yet, but have been going to school for it and currently working in the ER. Im an average looking guy on the outside of the hospital, but inside Im one of the few young, straight guys and the girls love me...
11/13/11 6:19 PM
Horus2001
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

truth... when i was doing clinicals, all the young nurses would chat me up till i would mention my kids and wife and they would lose interest.

the best part is the unmarried female residents, i have always had a good response with them as far as flirting. any male nurse who knows what they are doing, has confidence and acts like they own the place will draw the attention of the female residents.

this is one advantage a male nurse has over the residents. you will know your job very well. most of the 1st and 2nd year residents have no clue so they will follow your lead and listen to you (unless they are a cocky asshole in which case, all you have to do is keep them from killing the patient)

this "expert knowledge" allows you focus your teaching on the attractive residents. :)

11/24/11 9:23 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my wife graduates in like 20 days from nursing school. shes been interning for over a year and she constantly complains about not having men around to help lift heavy patients and such. i think some floors/units hire male nurses regardless of how good a nurse they are just for that reason. ive considered it a few times myself.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.