UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lombard: I will go to 205 to get Mousasi rematch

5/18/11 8:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask yourself, “Who is the most dangerous middleweight outside the UFC?” The answer will vary from person to person but there are few guys that could claim that title over Bellator MW champ Hector Lombard (29-1-1). Many would contest it with names like Tim Kennedy (13-3-0), Robbie Lawler (18-7-0) and Jacare Souza (14-2-0), all of which have been taken under Zuffa’s wing with the Strikeforce buyout, meaning that technically, that title does go to Lombard.

With a surprising KO win over Falaniko Vitale (29-10-0) at Bellator 44, Hector has once again proven he is not a man to be trifled with. There were many who were surprised at Hector’s patience, knowing that he is usually like a Great White Shark going for the kill. This time he decided to switch it up and play the role of a counter striker and it obviously went well for him.

Having yet another “superfight” victory under his belt, the American Top Team assassin will sit back and see who takes the next Bellator 185-pound tournament. The names pinned so far as participants are Alexander Shlemenko (39-7-0), Jared Hess (11-2-1), Bryan Baker (15-2-0) and Vitor Vianna (10-1-1) and with Bellator stacking their tournaments the way they did with the last welterweight and upcoming bantamweight tourneys, they will continue to add the best 185ers available. We should have a very exciting season of fights in store.

I talked with Hector today about his victory at Bellator 44, what he thinks will come of the next tournament and his burning desire to have a rematch with Gegard Mousasi (30-3-2).

DH: Do you still want that rematch with Mousasi?

Hector Lombard: Bro, I want that rematch so bad. That’s the fight I want the most. When I fought him I wasn’t even training. I went to Japan to negotiate and sign a contract with Pride. I was supposed to sign it and come back to train while they found me a good matchup. After I sign the contract they tell me they want me to fight in 2 weeks. They told me the guy was young and inexperienced so I took the fight. When I saw who my opponent was I got a little pissed because, yeah he was young but he had lots of experience. I had nobody to train with out there and I was training like 1 or 2 hours a day for that fight. Today, if that fight happens, I will finish him in the first round. I will even move up to 205 to get that fight if he doesn’t want to fight me at 185.

Full Interview
5/18/11 8:27 PM
LayNprayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see this rematch.

Both solid fighters. Get it done!
5/18/11 8:32 PM
MoFiasco

Mousasi by dec Phone Post
5/18/11 8:36 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see this fight today.
5/18/11 8:51 PM
caposa
1730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool interview

it's too bad that as long as he is Bellator champ, we will only be seeing him in sub-par superfights and against MW tournament winners

a guy like Lombard deserves to test himself against the best in his division, I would really like to see him against other top MW's

those Bellator contracts are ruthless, but I guess they knew what they were getting into when they signed
5/18/11 9:08 PM
smth416

unfortunately the only way out of that Bellator contract is to lose the title. Even then I think the runner up gives Bellator signing rights too.

Sucks, who is there out there for Lombard now? Who are the next seaon MW competitors? Shlemenko? Baker? Hess? 

5/18/11 9:09 PM
LayNprayNINJA

those Bellator contracts are ruthless, but I guess they knew what they were getting into when they signed

When you steal them from the most "ruthless" MMA org out there....
5/18/11 9:10 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lombard by tko
5/19/11 2:12 AM
Titanium Rhino

caposa - cool interview

it's too bad that as long as he is Bellator champ, we will only be seeing him in sub-par superfights and against MW tournament winners

a guy like Lombard deserves to test himself against the best in his division, I would really like to see him against other top MW's

I would like to see Jardine/Lombard at 205 or even 195 catchweight.
5/19/11 12:10 PM
duckrabbit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So when you start learning English, when is 'bro' introduced as a must-learn word? first 100 words, first 1000?

big ups to Lombard! the second Cuban assassin!
5/19/11 12:28 PM
whoabro

franklinweight
5/19/11 12:33 PM
BUDDHASPORT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first fight was great .. both fighters have gotten better.. I just think Hectors aggression will be to much in the for GM I can't wait to see this one.. it will def happen.. with in 2 years.. 

5/19/11 12:53 PM
TheNotoriousWMB

That would be frightening to see him with 20 lbs of additional muscle on that frame. Phone Post
5/19/11 12:57 PM
fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes please.
5/19/11 12:59 PM
CaliKush
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both guys but I see gegard using crisp technical strikIng ftw Phone Post
5/19/11 1:09 PM
kanotoa
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mushashi by superior technique on the ground and stand up.
5/19/11 1:23 PM
PKH
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure, Mousasi will end the reign of Lombard.  
5/19/11 1:44 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lombard loses AGAIN and acts like a baby about it for sure.
5/19/11 2:34 PM
Titanium Rhino

whoabro - franklinweight

195 would be the perfect weight.
5/19/11 2:35 PM
Titanium Rhino

Edited: 05/19/11 2:36 PM
duckrabbit - So when you start learning English, when is 'bro' introduced as a must-learn word? first 100 words, first 1000?

big ups to Lombard! the second Cuban assassin!
5/19/11 9:05 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Gono owned both of them
5/19/11 9:31 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

REACH wins and I hope that little cheap shot after the bell asshole gets koed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.