UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> North South Submissions

5/19/11 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
neverquit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are some of the best north south submissions do you like to do and how do you like to set it up?
5/21/11 11:55 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monson choke set up from side control.
5/23/11 12:51 PM
benzobrace
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My absolute favorite position from offense or defense. My percentage rate for tapouts goes WAY UP from here. Ask BIC.
5/23/11 2:12 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iirc, you were definately the first person I ever saw use the barb wire choke and probably the first that I saw use the baseball bat as well.

5/27/11 7:34 AM
Forrest Gimp

Somebody that keeps the arms tight limits you to the north south choke. But hey, it works for Marcelo Garcia. :)

The transition is more to me where decisions are made. Can I get his near arm between us, I'll try reverse arm triangle, and the same grip transitions nicely into a darce choke on the opposite side from where you started.

You can leap frog from ns to sitting (squatting) on his belly facing his legs. That's if you like to attack the legs, and I don't so I really never do that.

Attacking the arms in ns I'll do only when I'm ready to accept losing dominant position and think the rewards outweigh the risk, since a failed attack can lead to ending up in an inferior position.
6/5/11 10:19 AM
joshjitsu

I use Marcelo's n/s choke, Monson's if they have an arm in and also the darce when they have an arm in. Phone Post
6/29/11 2:24 PM
TheFuzz

If I can get one of his arms across his body a little, I lock up for a kimura and put my shin on the bicep of the other arm.

The other thing I do is put elbows on the mat and pull them up into his armpits. I then transition into side control while I pull his arm across his face with my upper arm and either go for the loop choke or if he turns into me, the darce.
10/13/11 10:54 PM
DaddyO4
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a bout 20 of them based off of his reaction to my original attempt of either Monson or Kimura primarily.My favorite position is N/S.Most of them really simple requiring mostly knowledge and not a ton of slickness or flexibility.
10/17/11 1:27 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice set up and sub by the Bellator BW champ Zack Makovsky on Saturday, side mount to north south, sit out, clears the arm, sinks the choke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMUAgI3RVE

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.