UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Esoteric bull poop

5/19/11 3:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does heaven really mean? How do you dissect salvation onto manageable parts? How does Jesus' death cover sin? What exactly is the proper formula for figuring out the end times? How the hell do I get these gnats out of this cup of iced camels?

Please forgive me for my own hypocrisy I am preaching to myself

Believe in Jesus believe He died and rose from the grave and foow his example and teaching. Do into others as you would have done to you. Love one another

When we get those down maybe we need some deeper shit

Rev
5/19/11 5:07 PM
Grakman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus told us to go and make disciples, not theologians. Everyone wants to be a theologian but nobody wants to be a disciple. ;-)
5/19/11 5:15 PM
the rooster

But he did also say, "...*teach* all nations...making disciples..."

:-)
5/19/11 5:17 PM
reverend john
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teaching them to obey not to argue

Rev
5/19/11 5:34 PM
gord96
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reverend john - Teaching them to obey not to argue

Rev

good luck! ;)

problem with theology now is everybody has their 2 cents. theology was needed back in the day to fight of heretics, etc. but those old theologians were fighting tooth and nail for God's truth. Many of today's theologians are fighting tooth and nail for themselves.
5/19/11 5:46 PM
Grakman

Much of what the early theologians had to combat were Judaizers and those who denied the physical resurrection of Christ, which would have basically nullified 1) what Jesus came to do, and 2) deny the very thing upon which our faith is based.  I don't think they really fought over and excommunicated people based on whether the spirit proceeded from the Father only or both the Father and the Son. :-P

This is one of the reasons why I believe in CU; even after walking and living with Jesus for three years, they STILL argued about some of this after he was raised and ascended. I believe that Jesus took care of  sin and death on the Cross and through his Resurrection; the main thing we need to do now is love one another and stop splitting hairs over things like sanctification and justification, can you lose your salvation, are some predestined for hell, and how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Really, if you have not love, none of the rest of it matters anyway.
5/19/11 5:47 PM
reverend john

I would say they were less important before the codification of "true Christian" doctrine at Nicea

Afterwards we had a doctrine of the "true church".

Rev
5/19/11 5:55 PM
Grakman

A portion of an article about William Barclay (the 'convinced universalist') may be appropriate here:

"He once commented that the teacher who arouses only passion in his student, without pointing out what needs to be done, is a dangerous instructor. That sort of teaching lulls the student into a psychological comfort zone that lends itself to the development of a cancerous apathy that ultimately is deadly. The good teacher, he declared, provides his audience with something to know, to feel, and to do."*

rev, you are a good teacher.

*William Barclay

5/19/11 6:03 PM
reverend john

Thanks mate

Rev

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.