UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Marion looking slow, clumsy, just sucking

5/20/11 12:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
499 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and Westbrook's bitchass was the recipient of some favorable officiating on both ends of the court in the first half.  Stevenson deserves a bit of shit too but he at least had a difficult defensive assignment with Durant.   Expected more out of Terry for damn sure.  Back to Marion, damn, he just looked shitty and old out there.
5/20/11 1:08 AM
Floppy Divac
499 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dallas and OKC are both really good.   Those fucking spoogie noodles kept talking about bringing Westbrook back in the game, shit, I wish they did!!   The Mavs could have used his hasty shot selection or shitty passing late in the game.
5/20/11 1:34 AM
Floppy Divac

Agreed.  :(
5/20/11 5:34 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk was not aggressive AT ALL for 3 quarters.. also the Thunder just hit a bunch of great/tough shots in the 4th quarter.

GO MAVS!
5/20/11 9:37 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Epic choke incoming.
5/20/11 11:15 AM
HeatleMania12
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This series is basically about who can score the most.

The difference is i think Dallas actually can play defense from time to time, but they don't when they are shooting well. OKC never plays good D, they have to score to win, much like the old Mavs and Suns.
5/20/11 12:32 PM
WrestlingSucks
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ choke coming because dallas lost one playoff game after winning the last seven or so. Do you think that OKC's bench will continue to provide those numbers? I personally dont. I think our coach got out coached when OKC decided to bring in 3 guards to counter kidd and stevenson staying on durant. Dirk wasn't fast enough to get back to cover the 3 point shooting guard that OKC stuck out there and it paid off.

To think that that game means Dallas is choking is foolish talk from a douche who has no dog in the fight because his dog is worm food, imo.
5/20/11 3:40 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the OKC bench was amazing but i don't expect them to be that good every game (harden will be the only consistent one imo). dallas had a chance at the end of the game to make a run but failed to hit shots.

5/20/11 4:01 PM
HeatleMania12
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually I think Dallas failed to make stops. 

Taking Westbrook out was a good move for the Thunder, but if they do that again expect more ball pressure from Dallas. It will be successful. 
5/20/11 4:08 PM
Floppy Divac

Agreed with Dangerboy!!
5/20/11 4:24 PM
HeatleMania12

Thanks floppy I can always count on you sometimes
5/20/11 5:26 PM
MadDog243
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I said somewhere around 06 or 07 that Marion would lose alot of what made him an allstar when he lost those pogo stick hops and quicks.

That happened somewhere between Miami and Toronto, but he did well enough in his new role in dallas as a defferring role player.

Its just too bad that so much of his game was predicated on just a facet of athleticism (in PHX:his inside scoring, obscene rebound numbers, abilities to dunk/catch and finish esp oops, run the break, play the passing lanes, and be a lockdown defender) He could jump and was fast as hell, and his ability to make the most of those attributes are what made him an allstar instead of a meddling roleplayer. Which I promise, he wouldve been his whole career without.
5/20/11 5:29 PM
Floppy Divac

Yeah, too bad that Caron Butler's not there for them. 
5/20/11 7:10 PM
HeatleMania12

you can say thatabout half the NBA mad dog
5/21/11 9:40 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that OKC win was a fluke lol...it took everything THunder had to just BARELY win while MAves stayed inthe game even with sloppy crap play by the team...

as we can see ttonite....the game is over lol (again)
5/21/11 10:33 PM
supersaiyan

Floppy Divac -  Dallas and OKC are both really good.   Those fucking spoogie noodles kept talking about bringing Westbrook back in the game, shit, I wish they did!!   The Mavs could have used his hasty shot selection or shitty passing late in the game.

lol
5/21/11 10:35 PM
supersaiyan

okc is just standing round on defense looking silly i mean damn man
5/22/11 12:21 AM
HeatleMania12

Yeah OKC needs to watch out or they will be the new Suns

And as far as the original post, Marion actually looked good tonight.
5/22/11 12:16 PM
Floppy Divac

Dude, it was night and day how he played in game 3 vs game 2!!  Thank goodness for that!!
5/24/11 12:28 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT marion's block on durant was perfect.
5/24/11 1:47 AM
WrestlingSucks
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YOU MAD?
5/24/11 2:21 AM
EKPOGI
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJkilla - TTT marion's block on durant was perfect.
5/24/11 8:00 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsters Ball - I'm starting to wonder if Dallas isn't as good as I thought.

My god this only-as-good-as-their-last-game-fan.
5/24/11 5:39 PM
Windfall

Monsters Ball - 
Windfall - 
Monsters Ball - I'm starting to wonder if Dallas isn't as good as I thought.

My god this only-as-good-as-their-last-game-fan.

Kept that one in the holster a full 4 days did you? :)

Honestly, I left for a trip on Friday, and just came back at 2am today... this post did bother me, initially, and I wish I had mustered the courage to make my statement sooner.

Good day, sir.
5/26/11 12:22 AM
BJJkilla

TTT

marion with 26 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks in the win sending the mavs to the finals. glad to see marion finally in the finals.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.