UnderGround Forums

Indiana Underground >> Indianapolis Muay Thai?

5/21/11 12:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Ghost13
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there any muay Thai gyms in Indy? I'm considering opening one there in the future.
5/21/11 1:11 AM
Joshua Kinser
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top Level Gym is on the southside.  www.toplevelgym.com
5/21/11 7:00 AM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ghost, open one up on west side!
5/23/11 1:40 PM
madefromscratch

with them being on the southside and already having a name established, i would look for something in broad ripple, 10min from castleton(northside) and 10 from downtown, perfect location for any business north of the circle.....i also live in broad ripple and hate making long drives to train since all the good schools seem to be on the southside so this opinion may be a bit biased. but still true
5/24/11 12:25 PM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there is at least one boxing gym in Broadripple already. It does seem like south side has a lot of mma and kickboxing places already. I don't know of anything on east side or west side.
5/24/11 8:13 PM
The Ghost13

Guys, Thanks for the replies and info. I plan on taking a trip up there to check out the scene this summer and get a feel for Indy to see if it's somewhere I want to be. It would be another 1-2 years before I would be able to make it a reality though. Here's the website for my current gym. Thanks.

www.sommaigym.com
5/25/11 10:14 AM
madefromscratch

yeah there is a boxing gym here in broad ripple, its also a martial arts school, i trained there for a while last summer, it seems like i only did cardio and conditioning, never really any instruction and i only got to step in the ring once, i told the guy i had years of martial arts experience and would like to spar but apparently he didnt care, i never really saw anyone else using it as a "boxing" gym either so i dont really know about that place, also i assume you are talking about the broad ripple martial arts up on 65th, cause thats what im talking about lol, guess i should have cleared that up before that little rant....
3/4/12 10:24 PM
The Ghost13

I will be in Indy this weekend to check out the city. Anything or places I must see?
3/5/12 4:48 AM
armbarring
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pike Township area.
3/5/12 3:18 PM
Sugarfoot
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Ghost13 - I will be in Indy this weekend to check out the city. Anything or places I must see?
If you've never been here, then you'll want to hit up downtown and Broad Ripple. If you need specifics, I can help with that too. As far a gym location, I would try and be centrally located or right or 465 or where people can afford to train, no offense guys. I would put this place on the Far Northside between Carmel and Fishers, but close to 465. Just like that Krav Maga did. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.