UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> custom mouthpiece recommendations?

5/21/11 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lukemorgan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anybody recommend a good website for a custom mouthpiece? And do you think it's worth it for them?

The only thing I know is that there are a few websites out there that do it. And basically they send you a mold, you bite it, send it back, and then they send you a mouthpiece. I think.
5/21/11 11:47 PM
dennis5
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gladiator! customguards.com
5/26/11 11:23 PM
Dim Sum Punch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.factionmouthguards.com/ 
5/27/11 6:56 AM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

proformanceguards.com/ 

pretty decent mouth guards actually here..
6/2/11 7:35 PM
samonoske

Faction mouthgaurds are good people
6/3/11 12:56 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Gladiator is awesome. fits perfectly, customer service was perfect. instructions etc. 

6/7/11 12:44 PM
Telfo

Gladiator for sure
6/11/11 4:52 AM
bullshark

faction by far
6/21/11 2:35 PM
icedog11
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/11 2:35 PM
Gladiator Mouthguards, president/principal
 wow another company that cant come up with original names for their product line. We have been calling our line pro and elite for over 10 years. Think of something new guys really. both companies here are offering the same product that we offer at greatly inflated prices. This is because we are the biggest and oldest custom mouthguard company out here they can't compete. These companies come and go all the time we remain.
www.gladiatorguards.com   

6/21/11 5:38 PM
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no joke, i can honestly say icedog's elite gladiator mouthguard has saved my teeth on more than one occasion during hard sparring. one of those times i got hit with a flying knee, even with headgear and the mouthpiece in my tooth was still a little loose and that isn't to downplay the mouthpiece, i've used different mouthpieces before and i can guarantee if i had a different mouthpiece in, i'd be missing both my front teeth right now.
6/24/11 3:17 PM
OZ1

GLADIATOR!! don't even look anywhere else!
6/24/11 11:06 PM
samonoske

icedog11 -   wow another company that cant come up with original names for their product line. We have been calling our line pro and elite for over 10 years. Think of something new guys really. both companies here are offering the same product that we offer at greatly inflated prices. This is because we are the biggest and oldest custom mouthguard company out here they can't compete. These companies come and go all the time we remain.
www.gladiatorguards.com   

I have no doubt that your mouthguards are good but I am sure you deal in alot greater volume than Faction. Why do you have to hate on them? Have you ever used one of their products? The whole Elite and pro thing?.....really?..... That is kind of a petty gripe Just because you are like the Walmart/ Costco of Mouthguard world and they are a mom and pop store, thus they must charge a little more for their mouthguards to keep afloat. I will gladly pay a little more to keep a small company going. Greatly inflated prices is a little over the top, For an Elite with bi color, stripes, and personal logo, and shipping from Gladiator it comes out to $118.  The same mouth guard from Faction is $125 shipping incl. .....wow $7 that is a Greatly inflated price!!!! I think I'll give the seven bucks to the "little guy"

6/26/11 1:12 PM
icedog11
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gladiator Mouthguards, president/principal
samonoske - 
icedog11 -   wow another company that cant come up with original names for their product line. We have been calling our line pro and elite for over 10 years. Think of something new guys really. both companies here are offering the same product that we offer at greatly inflated prices. This is because we are the biggest and oldest custom mouthguard company out here they can't compete. These companies come and go all the time we remain.
www.gladiatorguards.com   

I have no doubt that your mouthguards are good but I am sure you deal in alot greater volume than Faction. Why do you have to hate on them? Have you ever used one of their products? The whole Elite and pro thing?.....really?..... That is kind of a petty gripe Just because you are like the Walmart/ Costco of Mouthguard world and they are a mom and pop store, thus they must charge a little more for their mouthguards to keep afloat. I will gladly pay a little more to keep a small company going. Greatly inflated prices is a little over the top, For an Elite with bi color, stripes, and personal logo, and shipping from Gladiator it comes out to $118.  The same mouth guard from Faction is $125 shipping incl. .....wow $7 that is a Greatly inflated price!!!! I think I'll give the seven bucks to the "little guy"

If I was hating I would have my IP lawyer send them a letter  telling them to cease and desist with the names as we own them. Its very easy to come up with original product line names, its some what frustrating to see others ry to look like you and create confusion in market place. Hell there was even a customguards.net when we where customguards.com and they would post on mma boards as customguards to look like they were me.This is not the same level but frustrating all the same.

6/27/11 9:05 PM
samonoske

I guess if I look at it from your point of view it would be pretty frustrating, well I guess they say imitation is the highest form of flattery! 
6/28/11 1:33 PM
lukemorgan

I went with the gladiator, had it a couple weeks and it's been really really good. Fits really good and so much easier to talk and breath
6/28/11 1:55 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

icedog. Can you please pm me/ email me some of the medical studies you mentioned regarding the custom mouth guards.  Thanks!
7/5/11 11:50 AM
OZ1

of course you went with the Gladiator, ITS THE FUCKING BEST!!!
7/5/11 3:36 PM
dennis5
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lukemorgan - I went with the gladiator, had it a couple weeks and it's been really really good. Fits really good and so much easier to talk and breath

Congratz! You are now on the winning team! Enjoy yours, as much as I enjoy mine!
7/7/11 7:38 AM
Anarkis
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a Gladiator Guard Shill. Faction is the DEVIL!~
7/21/11 11:16 AM
Stymie
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've used Gladiator for three years and couldn't be happier with them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.