UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo injured, out of Mendes fight

5/23/11 7:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
youhavetocallmenighthawk
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry if posted already, did a search and didn't find it...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/23/2186484/jose-aldo-injured-out-of-ufc-133-bout-with-chad-mendes
5/23/11 7:11 PM
youhavetocallmenighthawk
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

featherweight champion Jose Aldo has pulled out of his UFC 133 title fight against Chad Mendes according to Heavy.com. Aldo's injury is expected to keep him out of action until mid-September. 

Aldo, the final WEC featherweight champion, was named the UFC's first 145lb champ at a special ceremony at UFC 123 last November. He was initially expected to make his first title defense against Josh Grispi at UFC 125. Aldo suffered a neck injury and had to pull out of that fight. 

Grispi lost badly to unheralded UFC debutante Dustin Poirier on the undercard of UFC 125.

Aldo finally defended his UFC title in a five round decision win over Mark Hominick at UFC 129. Aldo took a unanimous decision from the game Canadian, but Hominick ended the fight on a high note by taking Aldo down and ground and pounding the champ for much of the fifth round. 

The cancellation of Aldo vs Mendes at UFC 133 is another in a long string of cancelled headliners including the lightweight championship fight between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard that was supposed to headline this weekend's UFC 130

5/23/11 7:24 PM
slugshot331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/11 7:24 PM
 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  This fight was the main reason I was gonna buy tix for this in Philly.  God damn it! 
5/23/11 7:29 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to mma junkie he isn't injured, he just can't train until the 30th because of the suspension from the hominick fight. And he wants more time after that before defending. Phone Post
5/23/11 7:38 PM
slugshot331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo vs Florian in Sept. If kenflo gets by Nunes hmmmm Phone Post
5/23/11 7:40 PM
Dongbar13
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just want a healthy aldo.  he did not seem like the same guy last fight
5/23/11 7:44 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once again, he is not injured. Furthermore, bout agreements were never issued for Aldo vs mendes--a fight that was never on cannot get cancelled. Chill guys. Phone Post
5/23/11 7:51 PM
mdotbricks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FML! Please Dana add something big to the philly card! I never get to see UFC live, i took the whole week off work. And this is the main fight i wanted to see? ps im normally a whiny bitch but this isnt fair!! Haha Phone Post
5/23/11 7:56 PM
Hate420
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well,the Philly show don't seem worth buying tix to. UFC needs to add something.
5/23/11 8:00 PM
slugshot331

Hate420 - Well,the Philly show don't seem worth buying tix to. UFC needs to add something.

I'll still go just because.  Obviously it won't compare to the last time they were here in Philly and I got to witness AS matrix the fuck out of Forrest but it will do I guess.
5/23/11 8:03 PM
Baruckus

I see it now, Mendes takes a fight, loses, and Florian gets a title shot. Phone Post
5/23/11 8:13 PM
Hate420
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 - 
Hate420 - Well,the Philly show don't seem worth buying tix to. UFC needs to add something.

I'll still go just because.  Obviously it won't compare to the last time they were here in Philly and I got to witness AS matrix the fuck out of Forrest but it will do I guess.

I hear ya,it was great...no topping that,but Rashad/Davis main event...GTFO with that shit.
5/23/11 8:19 PM
ranier wolfcastle
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems like aldo just fought a few days ago
5/23/11 8:25 PM
slugshot331

Hate420 - 
slugshot331 - 

I hear ya,it was great...no topping that,but Rashad/Davis main event...GTFO with that shit.

Agreed.  Either way, I'll just get my gf to buy me tickets so I don't have to waste money on them lol.
5/23/11 8:28 PM
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mendes is lucky he will be able to live healthy normal life for another few weeks
5/23/11 8:31 PM
slugshot331

Tommy Gunnz - Mendes is lucky he will be able to live healthy normal life for another few weeks

lol
5/23/11 8:39 PM
caposa
1655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hioki vs Mendes for number one contender Phone Post
5/23/11 8:52 PM
Ta Demais

like someone said before, ALDO IS NOT HURT!!! he just said so on his twitter
5/23/11 9:05 PM
Magnum TA

Giving Mendes more time is bad idea. He has lot of room to improve a will with each passing month. Aldo's management should be trying to fight him immediately. Phone Post
5/23/11 9:11 PM
0bean0

He not injured just suspended 30 days from last fight is what he said on twitter 20 minutes ago he said I'm not injured Phone Post
5/23/11 9:12 PM
ec

Jose Aldo: Fala ai galera saiu uma nota ai dizendo que eu machuquei, quero deixar bem claro nao estou machucado mais uma vez nao estou machucado...

so por isso. Entao mais uma vez nao estou lesionado.... abraços a todos

translation: "let me be clear I'm not hurt again I'm not hurt ..."

so so. So once again I'm not injured .... hugs to all
5/23/11 9:13 PM
ec

Also interesting to note he just tweeted that he would fight on UFC Rio, but the UFC doesn't want him as a co-main anymore, they want him as a main event. So maybe UFC 135 or 136 if Frankie/Gray doesn't pan out?
5/23/11 9:37 PM
chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer city Phone Post
5/23/11 9:42 PM
NiteProwleR
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

these injuries prove that one-two night tourneys are clearly needed.

these guys are getting injured anyways. might as well have a GP
5/23/11 9:46 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC likes to say a fighter is injured when something else is going on. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.