UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Worst draft in recent memory?

5/23/11 8:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SandraBullockFan
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, yes it is
5/23/11 9:18 PM
HeatleMania12
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This draft has 3 euro bigs that will be all stars. One will be a HOF player.
5/23/11 10:19 PM
WrestlingSucks
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh oh, the curse of the Euro big strikes another victim. For every Dirk or Pau there are a billion busts.
5/23/11 10:40 PM
EKPOGI
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeatleMania12 -  2000

agreed.

1 Kenyon Martin+ (PF) United States New Jersey Nets Cincinnati Sr.
2 Stromile Swift (PF/C) United States Vancouver Grizzlies LSU So.
3 Darius Miles (SF/SG) United States Los Angeles Clippers East St. Louis HS (East St. Louis, IL) HSSr.
4 Marcus Fizer (PF) United States Chicago Bulls Iowa State Jr.
5 Mike Miller (SF/SG) United States Orlando Magic Florida So.
6 DerMarr Johnson (SG/SF) United States Atlanta Hawks Cincinnati Fr.
7 Chris Mihm (C/PF) United States Chicago Bulls (traded to Cleveland for Jamal Crawford and cash) Texas Jr.
8 Jamal Crawford (SG) United States Cleveland Cavaliers (traded to Chicago with cash for Chris Mihm) Michigan Fr.
9 Joel Przybilla (C) United States Houston Rockets (traded to Milwaukee for Jason Collier and a future first-round pick) Minnesota So.
10 Keyon Dooling (SG) United States Orlando Magic (from Denver, traded to L.A. Clippers with Corey Maggette, Derek Strong and cash for a future first-round pick) Missouri So.
11 Jérome Moïso (PF) France Boston Celtics UCLA So.
12 Etan Thomas (PF/C) United States Dallas Mavericks Syracuse Sr.
13 Courtney Alexander (SG) United States Orlando Magic (traded to Dallas for a future first-round pick and cash) Fresno State Sr.
14 Mateen Cleaves (PG) United States Detroit Pistons Michigan State Sr.
5/23/11 10:44 PM
SandraBullockFan
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow i had no clue 2000 was that bad. kanter and the kid from usc could be good, williams will be a bust, irving will be good but not great
5/23/11 11:06 PM
HeatleMania12
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WrestlingSucks - Uh oh, the curse of the Euro big strikes another victim. For every Dirk or Pau there are a billion busts.

I agree but you need to see these guys. Donatas Motiejunas especially.

And here lately, there have been more Bargnani's and Gallanari's and Gortats and Casspi's and Marc Gasol's than Darko's. I typically don't like euro's, but these guys are different. Jonas Valenciunas is like a tall athletic version of Kevin Love, Kanter is a lot like Marc Gasol, and Motiejunas is gonna be Gallinari on a +.500 team.

5/25/11 11:30 AM
grafzep
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good God 2000 was a bust
5/27/11 1:44 AM
Nanook
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, that 2000 draft was monumentally horrendous. I'd say the best player to come out of it was probably Michael Redd, who was picked in the second round. Hideous.

In this draft, I see a lot of potential "good, not great" players.

I think Irving will wind up being a regular starter, put up respectable numbers but see him as more of a second tier PG (i/e a Russell Westbrook, Devin Harris). This isn't a slight towards him, it never hurts to have a solid starter, but I don't see Irving ever being more than that.

Williams, I see as an Shawn Marion (circa Phoenix) at best, Michael Beasley at worst comparison.

Knight, I see as another solid contributor (I worry about his turnover ratio on the next level) but never quite a star.

I'm a fan of Valanciunas. Guy works his ass off, seemingly gets better each year and has some intangibles and raw talent that could be molded into a pretty solid NBA pro. He's no Dirk, but I don't see him being a Nikolas Tskitisvili (sic) or Darko either. At worst, I see him having a solid pro career. Yet, again though.. I see him more as a solid contributor.. Not really a star.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.