UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> 8 year old cat just started marking territory

5/24/11 7:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fabes
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out of nowhere, my 8 year old cat just started marking territory. It's not marking with a little spritz, he's full on urinating on things. We took him to the Vet to rule out urinary infection.

He's a neutered male and there was stress of another cat brought into the house. Since then, the new cat has been quarantined until we can sort this out.

Any ideas/suggestions on what to do? He's making a mess.
9/21/11 8:56 AM
cthlcschlgrl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't have cats?
9/21/11 10:33 AM
fabes
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
9/21/11 10:36 AM
cthlcschlgrl

xoxo?
9/21/11 10:39 AM
fabes

Thanks but no.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!
9/21/11 10:40 AM
cthlcschlgrl

upset, you seem it.
9/21/11 10:48 AM
fabes

dog punted, you'll see it.
9/21/11 11:31 AM
cthlcschlgrl

Meow!!!
9/23/11 4:07 PM
Captn Woodys Sistah

the trauma of the new cat must have sparked it, but how to stop it, Im not sure. The vet had no suggestions? Only thing I can think of is get a squirt bottle and squirt him with water when you see him doing it - sorry dude that sucks
11/8/11 12:12 PM
EatCake
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Fabes, I've got an 8 year old Siamese too. Every time we've brought a new cat in to the house, he pees outside the litter box for 1-2 months. Same thing if we have a new roommate move in, or family come visit for a few days. Basically any change in his environment, that's how he lets me know he's not happy. Spraying with a water bottle/water gun will help if you catch him in the act and have the "weapon" nearby, but that's just not likely. Best thing to do is clean the area thoroughly with antibacterial cleaner and vinegar, then get some cat repellent (Keep Off is a good brand) and spray around the area he went. Most of the time mine tries to go in the same spot, so this keeps him away from that spot if I spray every few days.
11/8/11 12:47 PM
fabes

Sadly, he got outside somehow and never came back. Sucks.
11/16/11 5:34 PM
yinston

Edited: 11/16/11 5:34 PM
Is he pissing or marking? Lil squirts are usually marking so he can mark some moar. What "things" is he marking? Kinda sounds like he just wants to see the world burn, not so much marking. If he's pissed on your carpet, its ruined. Not to say one piss ruins it, but its never just one piss...<br /><br />I have an 8 yo cat who started going on the carpet. The way we stopped him was replacing carpet with hardwood. Hasn't pissed again since.

edit: awww weak. sry to hear he's out somewhere. hope he gets back.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.