UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Mavs the toughest team in the NBA?

5/24/11 5:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WrestlingSucks
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mavericks have proven themselves to be the most clutch team in basketball this year to this point. Their aggressive style of play, and all-around swagger have left opponents like Bynum and Perkins worthless. Their only recourse has been cheap shots and fight starting.

To this point, Dallas has avoided the temptation to destroy these pussies in a street fight though they easily could. Tyson Chandler could show his Compton heritage by beating up Durcant and Westbroke but like a true warrior poet he's decided to take the high road.

Meanwhile, Dallas has CRUSHED everyone they have played thus far while on the road. Yesterday's win was the biggest statement the Mavericks could ever make. Despite OKC shooting lights out and Westbroke getting to the line constantly, Dallas pulled the game out because they have the most versatile NBA 7 footer the game will ever see.

I really am rooting for the Heat to win their series. I want to see what really wins championships. Teams or players.
5/24/11 5:31 PM
Floppy Divac
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/24/11 5:33 PM
They're pretty tough, but they're even more skilled.   lol @ Westbrook sabotaging his team with his need to take the most shots!!! 
5/24/11 7:28 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say it is pretty impressive considering how unimpressive they were looking at the end of the regular season. For once they are peaking at the right time and they are definitely looking like the team to beat. You have to think that a veteran team like they are isn't going to get rattled at not having home court. They should be able to push through the bad calls that are bound to go against them too.

It is going to make for an interesting finals.
5/24/11 8:28 PM
Floppy Divac
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AND YOU KNOW YOU GOTTA REP THE WEST!!!!!!!!
5/24/11 10:24 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anyone would call the Mavs the "toughest" team in the NBA, though Tyson Chandler's presence cannot be understated. The most skilled? Quite possibly. Dirk is playing the beautiful game right now.
5/24/11 11:24 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/24/11 11:29 PM
Dirk is a soft pussy. NOT a tough guy.

But yeah, he is balling like no other right now so his lack of toughness means jack.
5/25/11 12:11 AM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mavs are a dangerous team imo...
5/25/11 12:27 AM
Floppy Divac

Dirk was tougher than every single Laker player combined this postseason. :)
5/25/11 12:32 AM
wolfdeth
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

STHU floppy!!!!!!!
5/25/11 1:39 AM
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THIS is the Mavs year.
5/25/11 7:24 PM
WrestlingSucks
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Dirk is a soft pussy. NOT a tough guy.

But yeah, he is balling like no other right now so his lack of toughness means jack.

Yeah, Dirk is a pussy alright. He'll never be nearly as tough as the bad ass forwards and centers on the Lakers who decided to go after the smallest guy on the court rather than get beat the fuck up by Chandler, Marion, or even Deshawn Stevenson.

The only guy to even go after a big was Odom who essentially just gave Dirk a baby shove to get kicked out of the game.

Dirk has had teeth knocked out, ankle injuries, and knee injuries during games then finished the games shooting over 50 percent from the field. Maybe in LA cheap shotting 5'10 point guards is considered tough though.
5/25/11 9:19 PM
305-onpoint
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WrestlingSucks - I want to see what really wins championships. Teams or players.
So do I.
5/25/11 11:46 PM
supersaiyan

dallas is the team to beat in WEST .. but we already knew that
5/25/11 11:52 PM
WrestlingSucks

305, you want to see your first nba finals to see what the fuss is about. Your opinion is not needed. Even if the Heat swept Dallas, it would be meaningless on this forum.

Well not meaningless, it would give quick, Brian Davis, and Maddog ammo against me but you could create 2000 threads and it wouldn't really matter. You're not a fan. Go to realgm and learn a little about the game for a bit. Come back next year and we can start taking you a little more seriously.
5/26/11 7:29 AM
305-onpoint
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WrestlingSucks - 305, you want to see your first nba finals to see what the fuss is about. Your opinion is not needed. Even if the Heat swept Dallas, it would be meaningless on this forum.

Well not meaningless, it would give quick, Brian Davis, and Maddog ammo against me but you could create 2000 threads and it wouldn't really matter. You're not a fan. Go to realgm and learn a little about the game for a bit. Come back next year and we can start taking you a little more seriously.
So says the dude that started posting after the Mavs swept the Lakers.

You've never even been in Texas, let alone Dallas or an NBA game, and no the WNBA doesn't count.

Frontrunning bandwagoner.

5/26/11 10:35 AM
Dan W
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck miami! GO MAVS!
5/26/11 11:51 AM
supersaiyan

PoundforPound - Dirk is a soft pussy. NOT a tough guy.

u joking right?
5/26/11 2:27 PM
inlikeflynn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to Dallas. Makes me feel a little bit better about the ass whoopin' the Lakers took. A little.
5/26/11 9:51 PM
WrestlingSucks

Monsters Ball - 
WrestlingSucks - 305, you want to see your first nba finals to see what the fuss is about. Your opinion is not needed. Even if the Heat swept Dallas, it would be meaningless on this forum.

Being here all season AFTER Lebron and Wade joined the team deserves respect?

At least he has been here all season and hasn't been a finish line homer who only showed up when things looked good.

Ive been here arguing with quick, kanatoa, Maddog, and Floppy Divac for years. You know how long ago I must have been posting if I was arguing Sacramento vs Dallas?

I understand you being a butthurt pussy. Hell, you support a shitty washed up team full of possible homosexuals. Its not a stretch to assume you didn't see the full series so I'll give you a quick recap. Dallas swept the Lakers easier than they beat OKC or Portland. I was at game 4, close enough to see Paul "Tinman" Gasol's face after accepting his place as Dirk's bitch.
5/27/11 2:07 AM
MadDog243
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsters Ball - 
At least he has been here all season and hasn't been a finish line homer who only showed up when things looked good.

Except you are wrong on both counts. 305 started posting here very soon after "the decision" and disappeared whenever Miami went through a rough stretch. He's not a finish line homer, he is a first time bandwagoneer who WILL leave this forum (probably for good) if the Mavs bounce the heat in the finals.

WrestlingSucks has been posting on this forum for many years. Whatever may or may not be true about his posting this season, he has been on this forum posting when his team was in much shittier situations (IE the 07 Golden State first round embarassment). He was posting here long before you came to the NBA forum as well, so its kind of ridiculous for you to call him a homer or anything else.
5/27/11 9:39 AM
Dan W

maddog is correct, there's 4 or 5 og mavs fans on this forum.
5/31/11 6:42 PM
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The state of the NBA is pretty bad if the Mavs are the top team in the NBA, which they very well may be.
5/31/11 7:11 PM
Floppy Divac

"You know how long ago I must have been posting if I was arguing Sacramento vs Dallas?"

LOL!!  Last time I felt I could take a good shot at Dallas was when the Kings had Keon Clark and didn't know that they were about to be a shitty team for a long stretch. Man, days gone by.

Crazy now that I've spent the last hour looking at all the players that have come and gone from the roster over the years.

5/31/11 10:06 PM
supersaiyan

kanotoa - The state of the NBA is pretty bad if the Mavs are the top team in the NBA, which they very well may be.

lol..when ya hot ..YA HOT !!!

i dont think most ppl are going the way of HEAT and sweeping the LA Lakers in a playoff = baddass team if not the best
6/3/11 11:16 AM
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looked really fucking tough last night, Chandler punked 3 miami heat to set up a screen for that last 3 from Dirk, finished on a 20-5 run..... FUCK THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.